48: HELENA'S JEALOUSY

"Please, brother..." She pleaded, her eyes swelling from the tears that wanted to drop down to her cheeks. Seeing her acting like this, Alexander sighed and looked at his team before telling them to leave the two of them alone in this room.

Everyone followed his request and left silently, didn't even try to be nosy about their talk. As everyone left and the door went closed, Alexander leaned into the table and folded his arm, looking at Helena as if his eyes told her that she needed to speak up now.

Seems like Helena got the message in his eyes as she took a deep breath and exhaled, looking anxious and sad. "Brother... Do you not love me anymore?" She asked, clasping both of her hands as she looked at him, worried.

"What nonsense are you talking about, Helena? And here I thought your business here is serious." Alexander couldn't help but feel distressed by her question. He thought that she was here to beg for her mother but no, she sounded like a selfish woman.

Helena seemed to be hurt by what he said as her tears started to shower, falling to her cheeks as she cried and sobbed.

"Brother... How could you? I am asking you earnestly if you still love me or not but your answer hurt me! Were the feelings you showed me since the very beginning aren't sincere for you to change your heart just because of that woman?!" She exclaimed, hurt because of him.

"Seriously Helena, you're acting like a child. Please act mature now. You're already turning 18 next month and your behaviour is still like a child. Grow up, will you?" He groaned, Helena was giving him stress.

Felicia wasn't like this at all. She was mature, more feminine, and even elegant despite not being able to learn for nearly her whole teenage years. Yet as if she had already mastered how to become an elegant young lady of a ducal house.

Meanwhile, Helena remained spoiled, brat, and foolish. Is this because the whole family putting her into this position? If so then he's regretting the fact that he let her grow into a spoiled ignorant lady who has nothing in her head but is trying to attack and look like she's a victim in these types of situations.

"Have you lost your mind, brother? After telling me that you don't want me to grow up at all, this is how you would reply to me. I thought you loved me more than that woman!" She exclaimed, glaring towards Alexander who remained calm despite wanting to shout some sense at her.

"Please, Helena. That was a long time ago when I was still nothing but a child. But now, I have duties to uphold and so are you, grow up already. You're not a child anymore! Wake up!" He also exclaimed I couldn't help it anymore.

"You need some senses. I suggest that you take care of your studies very well. Your performance is quite disappointing. Felicia has been doing well despite starting late, you should be like her for real." He even added, making Helena gasp at his claim.

It felt like her ego had been targeted, making her heart shatter into pieces as she was in disbelief and lost for words. How dare he compare her to that woman who doesn't even know what's kindness?!

She was fuming mad, infuriated with his words. Yet it also felt like all of those memories she and him shared were now pointless. He changed, because of that woman. That woman is ruining everything, taking away all the love that this family has for her.

Alexander was taken aback after realizing his words were directed at her. He felt guilty all of a sudden, thinking that he let most of his thoughts out and offended her somehow. He could see how hurt she was by the harsh words that his mouth let out, unintentionally hurting her.

But nevertheless, she also needs some reality check to keep up with her life. She must've forgotten that how she acts reflects her image as a ducal princess and the holy Saintess of the Holy Church.