34: REVEALING NOCTUA

Rachelle came out from the bath alone. It's been a while since she had taken a bath to herself with no one else to help her. Meanwhile, Olivia was on her bed, lying down as she had still not woken up from passing out earlier.

She must've passed out for knowing too much. Good thing that nothing serious happened other than Olivia fainting while begging for her life. Even Noctua was speechless to see that humans are weaklings at some point.

"I shouldn't have threatened her," Rachelle said, telling Noctua as she opened her closet which was renovated to have a small room inside to fit all of her dresses. She had too many dresses to wear now for this season only.

"No, you did the right thing," Noctua said, pecking its own feathers while testing on top of the bed. She didn't bother replying to the bird. She was feeling rather sorry for what she did towards Olivia. The feeling of being guilty sure is occupying her heart.

After choosing a simple dress to wear, she decided to wear the dress but had difficulties putting it on. "God damn how to wear a dress without experiencing difficulties with it? Why are they made this way? Just to let people suffer from trying to tie a knot?" She complained to herself to which the Noctua heard and rolled its eyes.

Rachelle was busy fixing the dress on herself when suddenly, Noctua croaked, as if it was a surprise, followed by a loud shriek and Olivia calling out her name. Rachelle immediately heads outside of the room, frowning as Olivia calls for her.

"Master! Master! What a crazy dream I had! You see... t-this bird in front of me started talking and you stole a sword! You even almost stabbed me with it so I begged for my life! Oh master, I'm so scared that I thought I was going to die—" before she could even finish her words.

Her eyes suddenly gaze at the bird that she was currently pinning on the bed with her hand to immobilize the bird. As her eyes saw the bird's expression, a frown appeared on her face as she couldn't discern if she was still dreaming or not.

Why is the bird from her dreams still here?

"Release me, you filthy human!" Noctua angrily croaked towards Olivia who then let out an ear-deafening shriek that made Rachelle cover her ears for her loud voice. If not for her room protected by sound barriers, she would've attracted a lot of unwanted attention.

"Shut your mouth or I'll kill you!" Rachelle said. Forget that she's feeling guilty for almost stabbing her because right now, she's about to slay an innocent being because of being loud.

Olivia immediately shut her mouth, blocking it using her two hands while staring at Rachelle with fear in her eyes, not wanting to die. Rachelle had scared her more again today and she might get traumatized over this.

"Okay... here's the deal. Since you've witnessed everything and no you are not dreaming, I will let you live but you have to close that damn mouth of yours." Rachelle said towards Olivia who constantly nodded her head in agreement.

"Good. If I saw you talking about this matter to everyone else, do know that you will never be able to see the sun rising once again. Because I'll slit your throat and present your body in front of our gate." She threatened her once again and Olivia agreed.

"Good. Since you understand what I said, allow me to explain it further so you do not get any mix-up. Since you're my ally now, this is my bird. He can talk and he can converse like a human being, Noctua." Rachelle said, introducing Noctua to Olivia.

"But my lady, why are you associating yourself with a bird related to death? Aren't you scared my lady? They are classified as death-eating birds... you shouldn't let it come near you, my lady." Olivia said, trying to block Rachelle away from Noctua who was grooming itself after being pinned on the bed.