111: THE DARK NIGHT

"That man..." Alistair suddenly stopped following Felicia as they headed out of the bar, looking at her in the eyes with his aura shifting into some kind of seriousness. What's with him so suddenly? "He looks like... You know what? Let's not just talk about it." He added, leaving her totally sullen as he didn't continue what he was going to say.

"What's with you? You look mad." She asked, waiting for Olivia to fetch her horse. She stood there, a few feet apart from Alistair who remained unmoving and just stared at her with his golden eyes that she could not seem to grasp what it meant. It felt like a staring competition where if any of them blinked, he or she lost.

Yet something was dancing into his golden eyes that she couldn't fathom as it was very unclear. Maybe because of how far he was but she was sure that there was something in his brain that kept thinking and working, but rather the centre of the focus of that thought seemed to be aimed directly at... her.

"Mistress, I bought the horseback. It's time for us to leave and head back towards the mansion, it's getting late. The young Master might be worried as to why we're late." Olivia came in, along with the horse on a leash while blushing at the sight of Alistair who was looking very meditatively towards her when he turned to face her.

Gosh, such handsomeness should be bagged and married, if not then kidnapped. Her mistress has a lot of men with such good looks circling around her, how to be her?

"Right... Let's go." Felicia mumbled as she took a step and walked with the intention of walking past him. But such a thing didn't happen when Felicia was stopped as a hand stopped her from ever walking away from Alistair, holding her wrist as he forbade her to take a step further away from him. It was not tight, but he sure did apply a force that made her stop and look at him in the eyes, questioning why he stopped her.

"What's the matter?" She asked as she didn't try to forcefully pull her arm back, knowing that he was in the right state of mind and he really wouldn't do anything that could possibly harm her in any way.

"Do you want to... Explore the town with me, tomorrow?" He asked, which made her frozen in her spot. Her brows knitted, her eyes squinted as she couldn't believe he offered to take her into an exploration.

"I'll see what I can do. But I'm not sure about it." Felicia responded calmly, didn't see the fact that Alistair's eyes glowed when she agreed. The joy in his eyes was glimmering as he bit his lips trying to maintain a casual expression.

"Hm... I'll be waiting." He chuckled and let go of her hand, turning back as he waved his hand and smiled after leaving. That woman makes his every nerve active and hot. To the point that he's smiling over such a small response.

She made him go crazy it seems.

"Oh gosh, Mistress! Don't you see how the young Master is handsome than your partner?! Gee! I'm really jealous of you right now!" Olivia squealed in delight while jumping in a form of excitement.

"Gosh! You two look so perfect together—"

"Stop it, Olivia or I'm deducting a raise." Felicia glared at Olivia as she sighed over her antics, grabbed the leash on the horse and managed to sit above it.

"You coming or not?" She asked as she turned her head on Olivia who was silent while glaring at her slightly. Felicia chuckled, offering her hand to help Olivia get on the horse and sit comfortably before racing it.

"Just so you know Mistress, we should be very careful—Kyaa!" She let out a yelp, wrapping her arms around Felicia and closing her eyes. She's controlling the speed of the horse and it's too much! She couldn't even open her eyes anymore while her mistress just laughed at how she was so scared of having fun.