CHAPTER 18: PAINTING THE VILLAIN

The dinner ended peacefully and everyone felt glad because not only did the Duke say he was alright, but he accepted the offer of taking a break and spending their time with them for a picnic.

What's even more amazing is that it seems that Felicia will never be able to join them since the Duke loathes the idea of Felicia being near him. It would be the moment wherein everything is only for Helena.

Helena was in her room, squealing in joy as she successfully made the Duke agree to her wishes. She was kicking her legs in her bed, enjoying the moment that their attention would be solely hers, just like in the past before Felicia tried to act like a snake.

That freak... Why does she have to be engaged with the crown prince? There's nothing special to her! Aside from the fact that she's the legitimate daughter, she's still abandoned and mistreated! There's nothing good with her!

She puffed her cheeks, pouting as she kept on thinking how Felicia still has the gut to marry the Crown Prince even if her personality sucks! She'll never be a good queen if she were to marry the Crown Prince!

No... She'll never let her marry the Crown Prince.

"The crown prince dreamt of me... The crown Prince wants me, not that freak! He even said he'll marry me if I have debuted in high society!" She said to herself, still pouting angrily because of those malicious thoughts.

Felicia is a snake and a vicious manipulator! Why would Felicia blame her when she's too kind?

"I hate her..." She muttered to herself as she stared into her pillow when she was punching softly. Just then, a knock prevented her from punching the poor pillow. She sat in the bed, thinking about who it was since the maids had already gone back to their quarters or cleaned the halls.

"Who is it?" She asked, slipping into her slippers and opening the door. It was Olivia, the maid that was assigned to Felicia. "Oh... It's you, Olivia. So how did it go?" She asked as she smiled sweetly at her.

Olivia smirked, nodding her head as if it was pertaining to something. Helena's smile turned into a wicked grin as she leaned into the door frame. "You did great, Olivia. Wait, I shall go and get my reward." Helena said as she was about to turn and go grab a couple of pieces of jewellery. It's nothing much, all of them aren't even pretty anyway.

It's for commoners to lavish on.

"Wait, Young Lady. Would you like to check it up?" Olivia suddenly asked as she bowed her head in respect. Helena then turned to face Olivia who was bowing her head yet staring at her with a vicious grin.

"What for? Felicia deserves it anyway. Besides, someone might see us." She said, fearing that everyone would put the blame on her if she were to get out and get noticed that she locked up Felicia.

"Why would you be noticed by them? It's not like they like her either. The maids are now resting at their quarters. There's no need to fear everyone." Olivia said with persuasion towards Helena.

Now that she thinks of it, she would enjoy seeing Felicia screaming and begging to let her come out. Just a peek won't be bad, right? Helena thought of an answer to give towards Olivia who was still awaiting her decision.

"Sure... Let's. Do you have the key with you?" She asked Olivia. Olivia then showed the key that Helena gave her to lock Felicia up. Helena seeing the key, smiled and immediately closed the door to her room.

"Lead the way," Helena commanded Olivia to which she obliged and started to walk first to lead Helena to the room where she locked Felicia. Just thinking about the screams Felicia will have sounds fun to Helena who suddenly lets out a giggle.