81: LIAM'S DATE

"What's with the sullen face? Smile, Liam. You're meeting a fine lady." Benjamin said, reminding as he opened the carriage door for Liam, reminding him of his facial expression as they were out in the open.

They had finally arrived where the meeting place was. Yet Liam seems like he doesn't like any of it. He was stone cold, expressionless, and not having the best day.

Benjamin sighed, Liam has no choice but to obey his father's wishes so he better do well if he doesn't want to get replaced as the heir of the Marquisate.

"Young Master, if you don't want to get replaced by someone, please, at least act fake towards your chosen betrothed because we've got no other choice but to obey right now," Benjamin whispered in his ear as soon as Liam stepped out of the carriage.

"Benjamin." He suddenly said, making Benjamin flinch at how cold his voice turned out. "Yes, young Master?" He answered with politeness, bowing his head.

"If you don't want to die, shut your mouth. You're making me kill you right here, right now." He said, taking a step inside the coffee and leaving him with his mouth gaping wide. What the hell?! He didn't even do anything other than remind him!

"What the hell did I do wrong?" Benjamin whispered to himself as he stood straight, looking at the glass door where Liam entered. He sure was in a foul mood.

Meanwhile, Liam entered and his eyes searched for the woman that his father had chosen for him. His eyes landed on the woman who matched the description of what his father told him.

A woman with brown hair, hazel eyes, and pale skin. She was sweet-looking, very refined and elegant. She was patiently waiting for him, sitting comfortably as if the stares didn't bother her.

Such a sweet and innocent-looking woman is assigned to become his wife. He couldn't help but sneer at it. Sure she was beautiful, but such a woman like her is easy to deal with, especially with their emotional outbreak.

"You must be Lady Cordelia Leopold?" He approached, wearing a smile as he bent his body, extending his hand to the woman whose eyes went wide upon seeing Liam approaching her directly.

Truth to what everyone had said, he was really unparalleled when it comes to beauty. With brains too as he was one of the top students who graduated with an average far higher than those who graduated normally.

He was a man with different titles acquired during his stay in the academy, gaining prestige left and right because of how smart he was that people envied and loved him for his raw talent.

"I greet the young Lord Marquis." The woman whom he called Cordelia immediately stood up and curtsied as she extended her hand, awaiting Liam to hold and seal a kiss on the back of her hand.

Upon seeing the woman bowing her head for him, he was contemplating whether to accept the woman's hand. The other part of him wanted to give her respect, while the other part of him wanted to push her away and tell her that he didn't like any of this.

The lady was still bowing, flushing with heat as she kept her head low. Liam seems to be caught in something and doesn't accept her hand. This is a total embarrassment for the lady.

"Ehem." Cordelia coughed, trying to wake him up from whatever thought he had, which effectively worked because Liam immediately held her hand, kissed the back of her hand and smiled.

His smile was empty, yet the young woman wasn't able to distinguish the difference between a real smile coming from Liam and a fake one that he was currently using as his facade.

"I am deeply sorry, I was caught up in some thoughts. I didn't mean to offend you, Lady Leopold." Liam apologised, enough for the woman to smile at him and nod her head, didn't seem to mind his rudeness.