88: CONFUSION AND NEGATIVITY

"Mistress!" Olivia yelled after seeing things unfolding in her eyes. That bitch! How dare she try and mock her mistress? If she wasn't a damn Princess, Olivia would've attacked her till she has no hair left in that pretty head!

"Olivia, lower your voice," Felicia mumbled, turning her head towards Olivia who ran towards her and checked her. When Olivia reached for cheeks, she suddenly let out a wince, alarming Olivia.

"Oh, goddess! Did she do this to you? Did that bitch really slap you? I'm going to turn her into a bald eagle!" Anger clouded Olivia's eyes as she started to walk towards where Helena just left.

Shit, she's making it more troublesome. Before she could even stretch her legs to go and run towards where Helena went, Felicia reached her hand to Olivia, pulling her back and glared at her rashness. They are still in front of the Duke's office.

"If the Duke heard you, you would've been dead and I couldn't do anything about it. So shut your mouth and let's go. Let's not talk anything here." Felicia muttered with her tone clearly upset and annoyed, glancing at the door that leads to the Duke's office.

"Oops... I wasn't uhm... Careful. Sorry Mistress." Olivia apologized. "We should go now before the Duke checks us here." She added, dragging Felicia back to her room.

As they reached her room, she then locked the door, letting Felicia sit on the couch while she fetched a basin filled with warm water and a piece of cloth just to help her cheek not swell.

It was really red, the person responsible for the slap must have done it very strongly enough. Her face doesn't even look even anymore. The cheek that was slapped had grown quite plump while her other cheek was normal.

"Oh dear God, I swear if I get my hands on that annoying woman, I will gut her out like a damn fish and have her insides thrown towards the wilderness! How dare she not do this to you? That damn brat." Olivia started to ramble, placing the basin with water on the table and dipping the cloth on the bin, squeezing it first before placing it on her cheek gently.

"Tell me, should I just go and kill her?" Olivia asked, facing Felicia who was spacing out, staring on the floor. She didn't even feel the pain as the warm water touched her cheek. Olivia sighed, looking at Felicia with sadness and at the same time, pity.

"Mistress?" She asked, calling her out which seemed to have an effect as Felicia's eyes looked at her, meeting her worried eyes. "Does it hurt?" She asked, like a sad puppy.

'It's quite absurd for her to question me if it hurts or not. As if she didn't do such a thing back then.' A sudden thought flashed in her mind, making her blink. What in the world is she thinking? Is she being dragged by some kind of negativity after that slap?

"Mistress?"

"Yes... It does..." She answered, closing her eyes as she let the warmth of the cloth occupy the pain that hadn't subsided in her cheek. His hand must have left a big print on her cheek.

"Who did this to you?" Olivia asked. She's ready to attack of course—

"The Duke." Nevermind.

"HE DID?!" She exclaimed, shocked to hear that the Duke had slapped her. What in the heavens is this? Aren't their relationship slowly mending for the last years of hating each other?

Even the servants thought that Helena would finally be put in her rightful place as the adopted one. But with this, surely the servants will surely sugarcoat their way towards Helena as she's being favoured suddenly once again.

"What in the hell... Wasn't your relationship currently being mended?" Olivia asked, still in disbelief after hearing this. Meanwhile, Felicia doesn't want to think of anything right now, anything related to the two.