II

"Leah Guessey is on the track today!" A loud noise was heard in the background. "I think she loves the car, as you can hear, she's literally placing rubber down on the tracks. The first F1 female driver. And for Mercedes, she is going to be set for success in the upcoming races. Her first rookie year!" Leah turned around one of the corners nearly clipping the wall.

"Careful Lee, you know your limits now," Cassidy sighed. Leah let out a tight laugh. 

"Okay, okay, I love this car." She said.

She came into the pit lane and they rolled her back into the paddock. Toto was talking with her about a contract and a new engineer he thinks would be good for her team. The woman was known for being one of the best in her career field. 

She'd graduated from an East Coast University with her master's in mechanical engineering. Her name was Isabella Walsh. Leah thought it sounded familiar.

"Cassidy, Isabella Walsh? Does that sound familiar to you?" She asked. Cassidy nodded as Leah took off her racing suit.

"Oh yeah, she was several grades ahead of us, why?" Cassidy asked.

"Well, she is going to be my engineer," Leah smiled.

"You will meet her at the dinner tonight, it's your big introduction to the F1 grid. You will meet all the drivers and other CEOs," Toto patted her shoulder. Leah laughed a little and nodded. Lewis came over and gave her a quick hug.

"It looks like I will have some competition after all. You drive the car like you've lived in it your whole life," Lewis smiled. 

Since Leah was American she loved hearing the accents of everyone around her. Cassidy was currently looking over the contract for her, while they walked into the media room where Lewis and Leah sat together to answer some interviews. He opened the door for her so she entered first she walked in and waved at Amanda. She picked up a mic.

"Leah it is wonderful to see you so excited," Amanda smiled.

"I know me too," Leah laughed and handed Lewis his mic as he sat down.

"So Lewis, what do you think of Leah so far? Personality and racing style?" Amanda asked.

"Well, I think she has a wonderful personality. She is going to bring a lot of energy to Mercedes and her talent, well let's just say everyone on the grid better watch out for her because she knows what she is doing and adapts quickly." Lewis complimented and gave her a slight nod.

"So do you think she will be getting a podium next weekend in Montreal?" Amanda asked.

"I think she definitely has a high probability, but the first race is going to be the most nerve-racking," Lewis added. Leah picked up her mic.

"I wouldn't think too highly of me for that. I mean I have to get used to the other's styles first, so if it's not the first race it will most likely be the second race for a podium," Leah explained. The cameras went off all around the room.

"Why did you put yourself so low?" Amanda asked.

"Well, it's better to have an average goal rather than a high goal so that if I don't reach it I won't be too disappointed in myself, my dad always taught me that," Leah laughed a little.

"Your dad never taught you to reach for the stars?" Amanda smiled.

"No, my dad was a realist. If I wanted to reach for the stars he would get me a telescope and tell me this is the closest I would ever get to them until I decide to change my career path," Leah smiled as she made Lewis laugh. 

They interviewed for a while longer. It was streaming live so everyone on the F1 grid could see who their new team member was.

Later on that evening, Leah was in her hotel room getting changed with Cassidy. They were going to meet Isabella at the party as well as a new introduction.