XXXI

"Practice one today, we are starting off strong with team Red Bull taking the first two positions as they fight each other for the fastest time. This is going to be an easily predictive season for Red Bull since they got Leah Guessey on their team the practice days have been full of those two competing for fastest," John explained. "Ted, do you think there will be an accident with Guessey today, she is a magnet for those."

"It's a little rainy John, but other than that I doubt there will be an issue. The practices don't affect her normally, it's the start of the races where it's make or break since so many people crash on the first lap," Ted reasoned. Leah had come to the pit since her car was having a rough time shifting, but it was fixed quickly.  She was ready to go out again but was stopped. Red flags were waved.

"Who was it?" Leah asked Luke. He looked back up at the screen and saw the red Ferrari car.

"Uh we believe it was Carlos Sainz, he hit the wall," Luke explained as she looked at the cameras.

"Is he alright?" She breathed and felt sweat drip down her chest. "It's hot as fuck in this fucing car."

"It's better than Singapore though," Luke pointed to her and smiled. She rolled her eyes. She knew it was better than Singapore. Singapore was her own personal hell. Leah hated it when it was hot. It made her irritable and uncomfortable. Singapore just happens to be one of the hottest places that they race. She loses a lot of weight there. Last year she lost a total of almost ten pounds from sweating. "And yes he is fine, just bummed since his car is out. Back on the track you go." Leah was told by one of her engineers to come out into the pit lane and she did. She was on her out lap trying to warm up the tires when she saw orange pass her.

"Who was that?" Leah asked slightly shocked.

"Lando is going for a flying lap," Luke explained. Leah gripped her wheel.

"Would you mind telling me before he gets that close to me? I like knowing who I need to look out for," Leah said softly. She wasn't trying to be mean, but she remembers Charles impeding on one of his flying laps before and he got penalized for it.

"My bad, Leah," Luke sounded sad and that started an ache in her chest. She hated it when she hurt people. She didn't mean to make him upset, she just wanted to know ahead of time.

"You're alright, I just don't want a penalty," Leah laughed as she went for another fast lap seeing that Max got ahead of her.

"Guessey is going for the fastest time, she's coming up on turn 12 quite fast, she's going to burn out like Carlos did! Wait, wait, she spun, but she was right back on track! She hasn't lost any time either! This is incredible!" John laughed.

"Holy shit," Leah laughed as she crossed the lane. "I almost lose my cool there." She quoted a movie as she pulled back into the pit stops. They were going to wait for practice two now. A camera came close to Leah and she glared at it. She was zoning out slightly so it was more of a stare rather than a glare.

"Leah Guessey is giving us an odd stare-down right now," John laughed.

"She looks terrifying, Max Verstappen has taught her extremely well," Ted added.

"Leah you are going to scare the children here, snap out of it," Luke reasoned as he hit her visor down. Leah blinked and laughed a little as she raised it back up. The camera guy was showing her face again, people could see her eyes crinkling a bit as she laughed.

"There it is! The iconic Guessey smile," Ted commended once again. A few minutes later they were sent back out for the second and final practice of the day. "It's starting to rain."

"The few who thrive in the rain will be coming through for this practice then," John reasoned.

"Give rain status?" Will asked Lando. The McLaren driver was going around the corner quickly keeping the traction.