XV

After Leah's upsetting near-death experience thanks to her cousin Leah really needed a break. She was glad to have a small break before the championship, although she wasn't looking forward to going over her contract. Unlike the others, Leah was only signed for three years on the contract with Mercedes. She knew from the start that she wasn't the one Toto had wanted on his team, but she had won and that was the initial deal, whoever comes out on top.

"Leah, are you doing anything later?" Cassidy asked as she sat down across the table from her.

"I think training, but that's all," She explained as she pushed the soggy cereal around her bowl.

"Leah, what's wrong?" Cassidy asked touching Leah's hand a little. Leah pulled her hand back and gave her a small smile.

"I don't know," She rubbed her face. Cassidy sat there with her heart aching. She didn't like seeing the smile forced onto Leah's face. "Every time we are in the paddock I feel like I am going to throw up. If I don't place, they won't speak to me. It's like my mother is there all over again." Leah's hand shook a little as she wiped her face and sat on her hands. Isabella walked in slightly concerned seeing the scene in front of her.

"What's happening?" She came over to Leah.

"Mercedes is draining," Cassidy whispered. Isabella sat down.

"So what are we going to do about that?" Isabella asked. "Because we all go together, we are a team. Us three, they won't be able to split us apart." She smiled. Leah leaned her head on Isabella's shoulder.

"I don't know, but all I know is that whenever I step foot into that paddock I have a panic attack every single time." Leah breathed as she pushed her bowl forward.

"Let me see what I can do, I mean Christian Horner had voiced his opinion about you proudly, I think he would be open to negotiating with us and Max already loves you," Cassidy added. Leah shrugged. She just felt useless. It was stupid and she knew that. Her family would be ashamed she is letting her mood get this low, but she didn't know how to help herself.

"Yeah, but the competition with Max would be an issue," Leah voiced. "If we were on the same team that would be a lot of back and forth potentially costing us points, Max likes to win. He likes being first, so if I come along and battle him for it, it will end up like Daniel and Max all those years ago. I doubt they would want something like that." Isabella and Cassidy looked at one another knowing she was right.

"Well you battle with Lewis already and you both haven't thrown one another off the track," Isabella laughed a little trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, not yet," Leah sighed and got up.

"I promise, I will look into it," Cassidy explained as she put a hand to her stomach. She was getting more and more nauseous recently.

"No, I don't want to stress you out," Leah reasoned. Cassidy was already seeing Gabby for Leah. She wasn't going to put any more projects on Cassidy's shoulders. "I will figure it out."

She went up to her room and lay down. She scrolled on TikTok for a while but then fell asleep. Lando had come over to grab Leah for a video they were supposed to be doing on Quadrant, but when he walked in Cassidy and Isabella were both talking intensely.

"Everything alright?" Lando asked. Cassidy shook her head. Lando looked confused for a moment but then realized Leah wasn't there.

"Where-?" He started to ask.

"She's in her room," Isabella interrupted. "She's been asleep almost all day." Lando made his way up the stairs. He knew Leah struggled with her mental health. He had when he first started. He knocked on the door and entered seeing her laying on her side staring at the wall.