XXVII

"Today is the qualification for the Bahrain Grand Prix. This is the first raise for the season, yesterday was a good start for the new Redbull team, Mercedes's new driver George Russel, however, had a hard time getting into the points, but Leah Guessey is thriving in the Red Bull car," Ted Kravtiz radioed.

"I'm very excited to see where they all place today, I mean we have many teams out here right now, but It's getting a bit wet on the track," John explained as George's radio lit up on their screens.

"We need to change tires," George Russel's radio went off.

"Box, box."

"Looks like Russel is already pitting at lap fifteen. The rain is starting to pick up though," John muttered.

"Leah Guessey is closing the gap between her and Max slowly as the rain comes in," Ted explained as the camera went to Max's radio.

"Max, change tires?"

"No, we keep them for now, still got good glide and grip," Max radioed as he was coming around a corner.

"Rain coming in five minutes," Luke radioed. He was the stand-in for Isabella since Leah didn't want her here under all this stress. Cassidy was out too. They both were replaced before the season started so they could have time to relax. Cassidy's mother flew out to stay with her while Leah had to travel around.

"I think it's already here," Leah chuckled as she tried to maneuver around Max, but he blocked her. Leah sighed and slid back behind him waiting for her time, the track was getting too wet.

"Oh and Leah Guessey was blocked by Max. Looks like Lewis may try to overtake his old teammate," Around the corner, Lewis lost control of his car.

"Wait, wait! Lewis is losing it!" Lewis's car crashed into Leah's rear wing throwing her into the barrier.

"Holy shit! That was more G's than when Max crashed a few years ago. That had to have been at least 55G's of force as she flew into the corner off the straight!" John yelled. Leah's car was stuck into the barrier.

"Red flag is waved immediately! Lewis's car seems to be in good condition, but that small clip and knock on the rear of Leah's car takes her out of the race," Ted leaned forward in his chair. The crowds were trying to move to see a better position for Leah's vehicle.

"Leah? Are you alright?" Luke asked as he paced back and forth. "Leah?"

"No response from Leah Guessey for now, we hope she's alright?" John muttered. The cameras were outside the paddock but were still able to catch the worrying strategist. He hadn't known Leah for long, but she was a strong driver. The silence always felt like hours.

"Leah, come on, come on," Luke muttered again as he leaned against a table with his eyes closed. He was waiting for a response.

"Argh," Leah groaned. She was slowly starting to move around in the car. She quickly realized it hurt to breathe and she was feeling claustrophobic.

"Sound from Leah's coms doesn't sound too good," John muttered as the medical cars were dispatched. The men were moving around the car unsure how to get her out.

"Aw, fuck," She grimaced and took out her steering wheel handing it to one of the men.

"Are you alright?" One of the men asked her as he took the steering wheel and put it on the ground.

"I think I broke my ribs," Leah grimaced as she undid her seatbelts and slowly tried to get up out of the car. She couldn't stand up, the bending hurt to bar dor her. Tears pricked her eyes as she pressed her hands to her side trying to apply pressure.