XXXIV

"We added a new aspect to your vehicle," Luke told Leah as got ready and adjusted the strap around her neck.

"Okay, make sure you give me updates on Lando please," She explained as she stepped into the car slowly hitting down. She shifted forward so she was sitting properly in it. The mechanics took off the tire warmers and she was off as she went out on the pit lane. It was the Miami Grand Prix.

"I know, I will, don't worry," Jackson smiled as Leah was moved out into the pit lane. They were lined up appropriately on the track. Leah in p2, Max in p1, Charles in P2, and Lewis in P4. The lights slowly turned out and then went out. Tires screeched as the sounds of their cars came around the track.

"Anything?" Leah asked.

"No Leah. How do the tires feel?" Luke asked.

"They feel fine, the wear might be high though, " She was behind Max at the moment, she was able to slip past Charles in the first lap. He had a lock-up around the first corner that cost him a spot.

"Leah seems preoccupied today John, but I mean she has time she has a lot of space between her and Leclerc. And she seem to be going faster and faster every moment," Ted laughed a little as the seconds between the two cars grew. Leah and Max stayed together as they went around the track.

"Well apparently, Lando isn't well today, it's understandable that she's worried about him. Some people don't understand what kinds of conditions these drivers are put through. And it is quite hot here in Miami for today, not a good time to be unwell," John explained.

40 laps in.

"Alright we are twenty laps till finish and Leah is now in P3, she was distracted by a groundhog and then had to pit because her tires were not being heated enough. But she is back out there! Still worried about Lando who is currently in P9, but he seems to be making a move! And he takes P8! Let's see if they can keep it," John commented. The cars flew around the track.

59 laps.

"And Charles tried to go for Max, but he gets knocked back by the short turn! Wait, wait, here comes Leah Guessey! She comes from the inside and through goes Guessey, she will take P1! The grim has struck once again!" Leah put her car in place, Max and Charles joining her. She stood up with her hands in the air as the crowd cheered for her. Max offered her a hand as she hopped off the cars and waved at the crowds. They walked over to the Redbull team where Christian hugged both Leah and Max. Leah's mechanics were extremely happy for her. Jackson appeared and gave Leah her phone so she could text Lando.

"Anything?" She asked Jackson. He shook his head.

"He didn't respond at the end of the race, but he's doing okay," Luke told her. She nodded and unlocked her phone shooting Lando several messages. She went and sat in the cooldown room as Max and Charles came in shortly after.

"You really took advantage," Charles joked and she hugged him.

"Yeah I know," She smiled. "You should know by now." She pointed to Max who grabbed water and nodded. She was standing near the interview doors.

"Ready already?" Max smiled as he sat down in his chair and took a long sip of water. She nodded and looked down at her phone again.

"Yeah, Lando," She gave them a tight smile.

"What's up with him now?" Charles chuckled as he sat down as well. He ran his hands through his hair making the sweaty strands stick up.

"He's just been sick this week," She looked at her phone again.

"Aw and you're concerned," Max stood up and walked toward the doors. "Let's go," Max opened the door for her as she went out onto the sofa. She waited as people asked Max and Charles questions. She kept her phone tucked under her leg so she could feel if it vibrated at all.

"Leah?" She looked up and grabbed the mic off the sopha.

"I am so sorry, what?" She asked looking around before laughing a bit.

"Seems your heads in the clouds?" A reporter joked.

"A bit yeah, what was the question?" Leah asked once more her eyes scanning over the reporters. She didn't see Amanda yet.

"How did you feel about the race today?" He asked looking at someone beside him with a smirk. She would get made fun of for that, but she was too worried about how Lando was doing.

"Brilliant, considering I won," She smirked at Max who flipped her off.

"I'm just joking," Max announced. "I'm proud of her and if it's a win for her it's a win for us all."

"And vice versa," Leah uttered as she checked her phone again.

"Leah you keep checking your phone are you expecting something," A woman asked.

"Yeah sorry, Lando has been sick all week and this race was hot so I wanted to know how he was feeling." A few people in the crowd awwed. They were mostly women reporters.

"Well then we should wrap this up for ya," Amanda smiled and asked Charles a few more questions. They moved them out onto the podiums as they handed out the trophies. Leah held hers up and smiled at the cameras, but once she was done she handed it to Max. Celebrated with her team and ran to the McLaren's paddock. She walked in and whistled as she looked around for Lando or even his strategist Will, but she saw neither of them.

"He's here!" A mechanic pointed to his driver's room. Leah gave the man a smile  and she moved to the back rooms opening his door. Lando was taking a drink of his water. Will was in the room talking to him. Leah knocked lightly and stepped in. Lando gave her a smile as he reached up for her like a toddler. She smiled and came forward giving him a big hug.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she sat down beside him. Will excused himself and left the two alone.

"Exhausted," He gave her a tired smile.

"I can drive you back to the hotel if you want to sleep," Leah reasoned as she brushed his hair back. His forehead was a little warm.

"You are so adorable," He smiled as she placed her hands on either side of his neck.

"Tell me what you want me to do?" She asked quietly as he stared at her a moment longer.

"Just come lay with me," He smiled at his couch and they moved toward it together lying down. He laid down on her chest as she played with his hair making sure they were both slightly elevated so he was comfortable. They stayed that way until both of them fell asleep. A few hours later Jackson came to retrieve Leah, but Will didn't want him to go into the room. Will knew how much stress Lando had been under for a while and he knew that one of the few people who helped him feel better was Leah so he wanted Lando to get as much time with her as he possibly could.

 Will knew how much stress Lando had been under for a while and he knew that one of the few people who helped him feel better was Leah so he wanted Lando to get as much time with her as he possibly could