VII

When Leah and the others got back to her house she was cleaning her room when she heard a knock on the door. Her brothers came into her room. They didn't have happy faces on.

"What's up? You alright?" She asked as she threw her folded blanket onto her bed.

"I have something to tell you," Charles muttered as he sat down on her freshly made bed. She could feel the tension in the room and slowly sat with them.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Leah hated the way they looked at her right now. It was similar to the way her dad did. She shook her head slowly.

"How do you always know?" Charles sighed and George sat down beside her.

"The same?" She asked. He nodded. "that was only a 3% chance, it's not even hereditary, it shouldn't be."

"Yeah, I've got some time left, more than Dad did," Charles nodded. Leah stared at her brother trying to figure out what kind of support he would need.

"Well alright, make a plan, start a list, tell me what you want or where you want to go and we will go?" She stood up smiling down at him. "We are going to make this the best family road trip ever."

"No, no, no Leah we just wanted you to know, Charles and I kind of have our own trip planned and he wants everyone to treat him the same. you just started your career in F1, you are creating a name for yourself," George added. Leah wrung out her hands as she stood there.

"So Jamie and Samuel?" Leah asked softly and Charles nodded.

"They know and are coming to terms with it," Charles nodded. Leah closed her eyes for a moment, Samuel wasn't even three yet. He would never remember his father.

"Okay, well if you ever want to do something or you need help, you know you can just ask me?" Leah smiled as she put her hand on her brother's shoulder.

"I know Lee, I know you got me," Charles stood up. "Now I'm going to shower, while George figures out where we are eating." Leah laughed at her brothers shoving each other out of her room. As they both walked out of the room. Leah kept the smile on her face until she heard them go downstairs. She shut the door behind her and covered her mouth as she broke out in sobs.

Another family member she is going to lose to cancer. She had no idea who was next. Cancer was in her family, rooted deep within them. Her grandparents, both sets, have had either breast cancer or lymphoma, her aunt had ovarian cancer, Her dad died of pancreatic cancer, and now her brother. She didn't want him to know how sad she really was, she was closer to her dad than her mother. Her brothers were closer to her mother. She didn't want to go through with this again.

Leah composed herself after she heard a knock at her door and opened it to see Cassidy and Isabella. Behind them was Lando with a worried expression.
"Sorry, how long have you all been here?" She asked with a smile. She didn't want them to know. She didn't want to think about it.

"Not long," Lando smirked. He had gotten the girl's because he heard her crying and didn't know what it could be about. He just wanted someone to be there for her.

"Are you alright?" Isabella asked and Leah nodded. Her chin wobbled a bit, but she nodded. Lando realized she hadn't said anything. He was behind the girls and he opened his arms a little. He knew she didn't like hugs while she was emotional sometimes, so he would just put it out there. Leah gave him a big smile and leaned forward hugging him. He kissed the top of her head.

"So did your brother decide where we are eating?" Cassidy asked. Leah turned in his grasp and stared at her.

"Uhm, Charles is in the shower, so I don't know what he wanted, but George maybe," Leah turned and saw Avery.