XLIV

Leah was already out for her flying lap. The track was harsher this time of year, she remembered that from last year. Although so far almost everyone had gotten their laps deleted for exceding track limits.

"Here goes Leah Guessey, do we think her lap will be deleted as well?" John asked. Around she went getting one of the fastest times of the day. She went around one corner and went over the sausage curb for a moment, but got back on without damaging the car.

"How are we doing?" Jackson asked her.

"You know, just playing Lana in my head," She laughed a little as she crossed the line. "Was it deleted?" She waited for his response back. He was telling her the entire time that others have gotten their lap times deleted including Max.

"Nope, you are clean with a 1.14.198," Jackson read off putting her up at P1 for the quali.

"Fuck yes," She smiled and continued around the track.

"Veer left you've got oncoming traffic," He warned her and she did so. Max, Lando, and Bottas passed her. They were all trailing one another.

"Mclaren seems fast today," Leah commented as she cruised side to side.

"Leah Guessey moved to the top as the fastest lap yet, that hasn't been deleted," Ted smirked at John. Leah was also a personal favorite of his. She was getting ready to go around for another flying lap but saw a cat run out from the barrier.

"Fucking shit!" She swerved a bit and saw it run back off the track.

"What was that?" Jackson asked.

"A fucking cat!" Leah laughed. She could feel the car slowly downshifting. "Shit, shit, shit, flag, flag, I'm stalled," Leah muttered as she tried to roll the car to the side, she couldn't though. "It's dead. It's dead. Red flag." Leah sighed as she hit the steering wheel angrily. She felt someone clip the back of her car making her spin out. Her front wing hit the wall breaking it off as she and the car collided once more. When she stopped spinning she took out the steering wheel.

"You alright," Jackson asked.

"Who hit me?" She asked as she pushed herself out of the car.

"Esteban," Luke muttered. She looked over and saw Esteban getting out as well. He threw his hands in the air. Leah laughed a little.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled she jumped out of her car.

"What do you mean? My car was having issues, you couldn't just I don't know, veer around me!" Leah yelled back at him. He flipped his visor up.

"Looks like there is some heat on the track," John muttered as the cameras zoomed in on the pair of drivers having a heated conversation.

"Esteban had a collision with the back of Leah's car as she was stalled," Ted explained the situation as the pair threw their hands around.

"You had no hazards and you were in the middle of the track," He tore off his helmet and got close to her. Leah took off hers as well and stepped closer to him.

"I had at least a good ten seconds to alert people and you came flying around the corner, I was more toward the right, you could have gone around!!" She yelled back at him. The cameras were zooming in on Leah as she glared at him. Esteban muttered something and stepped away from her.

"What was that?" She called as she followed after him. He turned around giving her the middle finger. She laughed a little and shook her head. She looked right at the camera. "He's salty he can't get on the podium." She walked back off the track as he walked off as well. She got back to her paddock and Luke was giving her a rundown on the damage that her car took. She took P1, Max P2, and Charles P3 for quali, they had a sprint shoot tomorrow morning, that they were unsure if she could participate in.