XIX

"If you look right now there goes Norris running from his paddock down the pitlane. He's heading for the Mercedes garage. He's going to see if that is indeed his girlfriend out on the track. There is still no sign of movement or communication from Guessey's vehicle. We all pray that she is alright. She currently holds the spot for P1, if you look at all the fan's reactions everyone is affected. We are all on the edge of our seats."

Lando ran into the Mercedes garage and saw Lewis wiping his eyes as he stared at the screen. Lando's heart stopped as he turned towards the screen and took off his helmet and balaclava.

Around the cameras went showing the reaction of the people. Lando started talking with Lewis as he waited for someone to get her out of the fire. Within seconds he had enough of the waiting. Another car going out so he ran and jumped onto the back hitching a ride.

"Looks like Lando is going after her now, no one seemed to be able to control the fire," John spoke.

Once the second car arrived by the fire Lando jumped out and tried to go for Leah, but people pulled him back

"Leah is in there, why have none of you tried to get her," He was furious. Leah crashed, somewhat often, no fault of her own. She had horrible luck.

"Lando is having an argument with the security team as they try to pull him back," Ted spoke. "Wait, there's movement within the flames!"

Suddenly a figure emerged from the car throwing shit off herself. Lando shoved past the guards and climbed into the flames to grab ahold of her body. He pulled her back as they controlled the fire finally.

"Lando," Leah muttered. He slowly took her helmet off and she pulled the balaclava off her head looking around.

"God," He breathed and hugged her once again.

"The happy couple is back together," Ted sighed in relief. "That was a terrifying moment for all of us. She had to have been in those flames for several minutes. That was almost an exact repeat of Romain Grosjean from a few years back."

"I'm okay," Leah muttered as he held her close. "I'm okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"That is a heartwarming moment for everyone seeing Lando run to her paddock, but it is a serious incident. She is down a car. Out of P2 and possibly Quali tomorrow, that is not a good thing for the young rookie. She needs those points for the world championship." John explained over the TV.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," Lando repeated over and over, he'd thought he lost her. He'd thought he lost everything. He didn't know how he would be able to go forward from this. Getting behind the wheel would be agonizing for him. All he would see if her car in flames. But that didn't happen. He was holding her right now. She was alright.

"I'm so sorry, it just went out of control," She breathed and he held her tighter. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"We need to clear the track and get her checked out," One of the medics said trying to pull her away from Lando, but he wouldn't let her go.

"It seems that Lando Norris is riding with Leah Guessey," Ted laughed. "Oh to be young and in love."

"Well he's worried for her Ted, I mean who wouldn't be, those two are inseparable on and off the track," John said back. Once they got Leah back to the paddock Lewis pulled her into a hug.

"I thought you were dead," Lewis breathed as he looked over at Lando who rubbed his forehead.

"Nah, I'm indestructible," She smiled and leaned back. "Sorry, I think Perez clipped my back tire and I spun out slamming into the wall. My ignition is shot," She looked back at Isabella. "I'm so sorry."

"You are fine, we are glad to have you here, Leah," Isabella was almost breathless, she had tears on her cheeks. She grabbed onto Leah.

"You need to value your life a little more," Cassidy added coming over and hugging her. Leah just smiled. They were like her parents. Worrying about her safety all the time. Leah didn't do anything to make them worry less, but F1 was dangerous like that. Anything could happen. Lando was still concerned she was hurt. He wanted her to get checked out. He leaned outside the paddock and saw the med team. He waved them over.

"Norris needs to get back to his paddock they will be starting up the race once again." John reasoned as the camera view went to the McLaren paddock. "Zak doesn't seem too happy about the driver's disappearance." Zak was yelling at the mechanics and Daniel was looking around for Lando.

"Leah," Lando muttered as he reached for her. She pulled him towards her with his belt.

"And look at that affection!" Ted yelled through the microphones.

"They honestly make me feel like my relationship isn't what it's supposed to be," John sighed.

"At least you have one, they just make me feel super single," Ted sighed.

"We have it here ladies and gentlemen Ted Kravitz has a favorite ship on the grid," John laughed at his partner.

"I know, go win," Leah winked and then kissed him again. "Go." He paused, but she gently shoved him. "I promise Lan, I'm okay, just race safely please." She smiled and he nodded as he ran down the paddock going to his car once again. Leah knew he would get yelled at later. She turned around and saw Toto, who did not have a good expression on his face.

"Leah," He called her over as he faced away from the cameras. Isabella and Cassidy stood back waiting for him to get done talking to her. Cassidy wanted to defend Leah, but there was nothing she could do. It was Leah's mistake she had to stand here and take it. "What even happened out there today? You were looking spectacular and then you fucked it up." Leah nodded.

"I know," She sighed and looked at the hands. She was still holding her balaclava.

"You are lucky we expected something like this fuck up, we have another vehicle, but only one, you fuck it up one more time. You are costing yourself a spot," Toto pointed at her face. She looked up and stared at him.

"I understand," She spoke softly and even. It was the exact tone she had to use when talking to her parents.

"Do you, we need this win over Horner Guessey, need it. You hear, do not cost us any more points, go," He patted her back and slid the earmuff back over his ear as he walked back out of her paddock to Lewis's. Leah watched him disappear. Cassidy and Isabella moved toward her.

"You okay?" Isabella asked. Leah looked at Cassidy.

"I am going to try and negotiate with Horner after I win the championship," She grabbed her helmet angrily off the table and walked past the mechanics keeping her head hung low. She felt bad, but at least it wasn't a race day, or else she would be getting something worse than this light scolding.

 She felt bad, but at least it wasn't a race day, or else she would be getting something worse than this light scolding