XLIX

They had a break before the Belgian Grand Prix now. Lando and Leah used this opportunity to move to Monaco. Cassidy and Isabella went back home as well. Cassidy lived in Monaco now too. Leah, Lando, Max, Charles, Daniel, Cassidy, and Isabella were all ones from the grid who lived in Monaco near one another. They had set their wedding date for September 17. It was between the 17th and the 24th. Leah made the decision because thirteen plus four is seventeen. So that's the date she chose.

"Leah where did the kitchen stuff go!" Lando yelled from down the hall.

"Uh!" She stood up and leaned out looking down the hall at him. He was looking through the already empty boxes. "The ones that say kitchen should be in there. What are we missing?" She asked. He threw the paper around and looked up at her aggravated.

"No, we are missing utensils," He ran his hands through his hair. Leah smiled and moved forward as she set her hands on his waist looking up at him.

"Relax, they must just be somewhere in the house then," She reasoned as she kissed his cheek. He let out a long sigh and looked at her.

"I'm sorry," He breathed and rested his forehead against hers.

"You don't have to apologize. I understand, it's really fucking stressful," She laughed a little which made Lando smile. He kissed her forehead and stepped away from her picking up the mess he made.

"Do you wanna take a quick break or something? I mean we have like two weeks before we have to go to another race," She reasoned as she helped him. He watched her move the empty box back towards the entry hall where the other empty boxes were.

"Let's go enjoy our view," He reached for her hand and interlaced her fingers as he opened the balcony door for her. She sat down on the farthest chair and put her legs across Lando's lap as they watched the sunset.

"I'm glad I found you, Lan," Leah muttered. He had been watching her since they got out here. She seemed happy recently, but that still worried him. He wished she would accept help for her mental health.

"I'm glad I found you as well, Leah," He breathed and she turned her head to him. "Please don't ever leave me." Leah reached over and took his hand as she sat up.

"I would never leave you, know that I would never leave you behind Lan, you are my everything and you are the only thing that has been helping me over the past year," Leah understood what he meant. She wanted to promise him that she wouldn't leave him. The last few doctor visits have been clear, which was good for her, but she is still worried about her future. What if she did come down with something? Anything could happen at any time. 

Leah had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that something was going to happen. She didn't know exactly when, but she could tell it was soon. Something bad was going to happen soon and she dreaded finding out what that was. Who was she going to lose? Was she going to find out that she was leaving them? Would she have to break that news to the others? She wanted to live, she wanted to stay alive as long as Lando was with her. She never ever wanted to leave him behind. She would never intentionally leave him.

Leah was waiting for the other shoe to fall and destroy her life once more. She only had so much more family to lose. A person can only take so much before breaking.

----

Lando was out with Max having breakfast. Leah wasn't feeling the best, but really it was just her anxiety. She had been on the verge of a panic attack for the entire morning and she didn't want to leave. She was sitting on their couch. They had stayed up late last night trying to unpack everything and put it away. They've got all the rooms done. It was a little messy, but as they went about the house they would clean everything up. Leah was supposed to meet up with Cassidy and Elizabeth later, so she had nothing to do for the time being.