III

"It is free practice one today ladies and gentlemen, and we have exciting things happening! Leah Guessey and Max Verstappen are currently fighting for the fastest lap time! 1.11.239! Leah Guessey takes it as time runs out!" 

Leah was brought back into the paddock. She was sitting in her car with her visor down as the cameras came closer and closer to her car. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Isabella doing something with the coms. Gabby walked in with her uncle behind her. Leah tried to ignore them.

"It looks like there is some drama in the Mercedes paddock, specifically  Leah's," John commented.

"Well, John that's her cousin. The one she beat out for this position," Ted added.

"Ah, so she has a lot to prove today," John added

"I would say she is doing a fine job of that," Ted laughed a little. 

They waited but the time was starting for the second practice and they let them out. Back onto the track, she goes her out lap was moving slowly.

"She is going so slow," Gabby snorted.

"Relax, Gabby, she will warm up to it," Her father sighed. 

Steven always believed that Leah would do great things in her life, he was rooting for her, but his wife on the other hand wanted her daughter to be the best. Not Leah. Leah was out and her time wasn't as good as the lap before. 

She was just behind Max. She pulled in and her team congratulated her. The commenters were also applauding the young girl as she got out.

"Leah Guessey is looking a bit ill, John," The cameras zoomed in as the young girl climbed from the car and stumbled a bit. She collapsed. People swarmed around her. 

"The new F1 star may have had too much today. For her first day out, some people don't know the effort and training these drivers put forward." 

Cassidy went with Leah as they brought her to her back room. She hadn't eaten much that day and that was why she'd collapsed. The cameras won't see it that way though. Isabella followed after.

"Why didn't you eat anything?" Cassidy said. She gave Leah a water bottle.

"I'm sorry, I forgot," Leah looked over at her mother for a brief moment.

"You know the media is going to eat that upright," Her mother snapped. "In front of Gabby as well, you know what she will do, Leah." Her mother left the room and Leah shook her head as she pushed the water away.

"No, drink it," Lewis walked in. "You have shown us that you're more than ready to win the Montreal Grand Prix, now we just need your body to be ready too."

"It is," Leah reasoned.

"Is this some kind of medical condition, that I was unaware of," Toto said. He was pissed, there was no sympathy on his face.

"No. Leah, if you don't eat you have no energy. What would have happened if you passed out behind the wheel, hmm?" Cassidy argued with her.

"I'm sorry," Leah shook her head as she slowly took a sip.

"No, I know, you don't have to apologize, it's fine," Cassidy brushed her hair back and gave them all a look telling them to leave the room with her alone.

"Cas," Leah called.

"Yeah love?" Cassidy paused near the door.

"Can you get me a smoothie or something," Leah asked. Her head was resting against the wall.

"Of course, Leah, I will be right back with it," Cassidy smiled and walked out. 

The cameras were waiting outside her room for people to make a statement about her. The medics walked into the room and Leah slowly drank her water.