XIII

Leah and Lando have been in a relationship for several weeks now and the fans love them together. They try to keep everything on the track as professionally as possible, but in the past few races there have been accidents from both of them and each one struggles to keep themselves away from the other. They want to make sure that they are both alright.

They were heading to the Australian Grand Prix now, it was the second to last race of the season. This year's calendar was longer than expected, but some of the races were canceled. Leading for the world champion right now were of course Leah, Max, and Lewis. Toto obviously wanted Lewis to get it.

"Leah," Cassidy said from the other room. "You have a doctor's appointment today." After Leah had told the others about her brother having the rare cancer, they insisted they that get her weekly checks just in case.  Leah had doctor's appointments every week to check her health. Cancer ran in her family, so they wanted to make sure they caught it early.

"And after you have a press conference," Isabella added. Leah nodded.

"Yeah, yeah," Leah laughed and grabbed her bike helmet. She went down to the hotel lobby and saw Charles and Carlos.

"Leaving?" Carlos asked. Leah nodded.

"Got a doctor's appointment and then press," She gave a small cheer. It was fake. Of course.

"Well have fun," Carlos smiled as Isabella came down the stairs.

"Yeah, you children be safe, and please please use protection," She muttered and Isabella flipped her off. Leah just laughed and left the hotel. Lando was shooting a video with Daniel today with McLaren so she was on her own. She got on her bike and took off. The doctors were fast and went well.  Soon enough she was back to the track and walked into the press room.

"Leah, since when did you get a bike?" Amanda asked.

"I got it several months ago," Leah laughed as she stood in front of the stand. "I had it for my brother, but really it was for me."

"Leah, you were seen at the doctor's office earlier today, is there anything we should know?" A man asked.

"Not that I'm aware of, it's just my checkups that have been going on for the entirety of my life," She smiled.

"Wait, check up for?" Someone asked.

"Cancer, it runs in my family and I have to get checked every week to see if anything has appeared that could threaten my life, it's in my contracts," Leah ran her hands through her hair. The room was silent for a moment while the people decided how they were going to approach this sensitive topic.

"And everything is well?" Amanda asked.

"Yes, I am fine for now," Leah smiled out at the others.

"Why would they make a contract with someone that could run their course sooner than they predicted," A man asked. The funny thing about that is Toto isn't happy. After her medical condition was leaked to Toto by none other than her cousin, he was furious., but she was winning. And as long as she continued winning, he would keep her.

"Cause I'm winning," Leah muttered. Amanda couldn't help, but laugh at her comment. That shut the man up immediately.

"Leah, do you feel good about this upcoming weekend,"  Amanda asked.

"I feel better than I did at the beginning of the season, I've gotten to know most of the guy's style and techniques," Leah added as she laughed a little. She felt her phone go off and saw Lando's name on the screen.

"Whose calling?" Amanda asked seeing her smile at her phone.

"It's Lando," She laughed and held up a finger as she set the mic down on the couch. "Hey."