Chapter Four

*Cassie's POV*
I'm laying between my guys, trying to sleep.
"Vee?" I whisper, turning to Volkov.
He doesn't respond so I turn to Valentin.
"Val?" I whisper again.
"What?" He asks, clearly wanting to sleep.
"C-Can we get a snack?"
"Right now?"
"Um... yeah..."
"You can go."
"Okay..."

I carefully get up and sneak downstairs. I've never been downstairs at night. It's really scary. I quietly sneak into the kitchen. I grab a snack and then think I hear something. I leave my snack and run back upstairs. I close the door and quickly jump on the bed, waking both the guys up. They both groan.
"What's wrong?" Valentin doesn't sound happy.
"N-Nothing... I didn't mean to wake you guys... go back to bed," I whisper.
Volkov sighs and rubs my thigh, "What's wrong baby?"

"I-I just... nothing. Go to sleep."
He hums and falls asleep again. Valentin's out as well. I carefully get up, grabbing my phone, and sitting on the floor at the end of the bed. I just watch tv the rest of the night, not once falling asleep.
"What are you doing?" Valentin asks when he wakes up.
I turn around and go on my knees, smiling at him, "Watching shows and movies!"
"Did you sleep at all?"
"No..."

"Come up here baby," Volkov grins, "I want to feel you."
I put my phone down and climb onto the bed. I lay between them, content. Volkov's hand travels down my arm and he's about to go up my shirt. I quickly suck my stomach in. I glance at him but he doesn't seem to notice. Valentin's hand goes down to my legs. My legs tense up and I look at Valentin.

He gently smiles but his hand just keeps getting closer and closer to my core. I start to relax and focus on my stomach. Volkov's hand is now playing with my breasts. I let out a soft moan and then Valentin's finger meets my wet folds. I arch my back and push against his hand. The guys chuckle before removing their hands. I look at Valentin and then at Volkov.

"Sorry baby, we have work," Volkov tells me, kissing me.
I frown and furrow my eyebrows.
"Later, little villain," Valentin kisses me as well and they get up.
They're about to walk out when I stop them, "Wait!"
They turn around, with eyebrows raised, facing each other so they aren't fully facing me. They look at me though.

"I... I um..." I don't know what I heard last night. It sounded like someone going through drawers but I don't know...
"Do you always have guards here?"
"Yes, but we've given the week off to the staff and our close friends who also live here," Valentin tells me.
"So... no one was here except us last night?"
"And the guards outside," Volkov responds.
"Do they come inside ever?"

"No."
"Okay..."
"Why?" Valentin looks at me skeptically.
"Don't you guys have work?"
"Cassandra, why?" Volkov turns to me completely.

"Um... well last night I um... I went to get a snack and it was really dark downstairs. Well anyways, I saw a small moving light, like a flashlight, in the den... and it sounded like someone was going through drawers... I got really scared and ran back up here and that's um when I......woke you guys..." I mumble the last three words quietly.
"So someone was here last night?! How'd they get past the guards?!" Valentin says frantically, "You talk to all the staff, I'll go through the cameras."
Volkov nods.

"Wait but-"
They walk out and I sigh. I'm left alone, again, in Volkov's room. I crawl under the comforter and fall asleep.

*Volkov's POV*
I'm calling all the staff and talking to our guards. No one saw anything and no one was in the house. I walk back to the office and see Valentin still looking at the cameras. He leans back in his chair arms behind his head.
"Что-либо?" I ask him. (Anything?)
"Ничего," He tells me with a sigh. (Nothing.)

I run a hand through my hair. We go back through the cameras and look at all the entrances. Hours later and we still haven't found anything. Cassie walks in and I can tell Valentin is thinking the same thing as me.

She's going to want us to stop and spend time with her and if we don't, she's just idiotically going to escape again.

Valentin and I glance at each other and I let him handle it, leaning back in my chair.
"How's it going?" She asks quietly.
"It's not," Valentin says, patting his lap.
She hesitantly makes her way over to him and he sits her on his lap. Her and I make eye contact and she smiles, a nice blush painting her cheeks.
"Is this what we're doing all day?" She asks nonchalantly, but Valentin and I both know what she's really asking.

The only problem, is yes, this is exactly what we're doing all day.
"Yeah baby, we gotta find out who was in here," I tell her, turning back to my desk.
"I wish I kept my mouth shut," She mumbles, getting up and leaving.
Another few hours go by and it's dinner time already. We head downstairs and see Cassie already eating by herself.
"You didn't invite us?" I ask.

She looks up and we can tell her eyes are red from crying, "Sorry... I didn't think you guys wanted to eat."
She gets up and starts making us dinner. Valentin runs a hand through his hair and lets out a sigh.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks leaning on the counter next to her.
"What would be wrong?" She whispers.
"We know you were crying," I lean on the counter on the other side of her.
"I'm going for a swim," She says giving us each a plate of food.
"We'll come."

"It's okay, you have to eat and then go back to work," She leaves.
We finish eating but wait till she's outside to move. Once she's outside we change into our bathing suits and head down to the pool. We get outside and see her floating on a raft. On the count of three, we run and jump in. We come up to see her soaked and her eyes glistening.