Chapter Nineteen

*Valentin's POV*
Volkov just got all defensive and rude towards Cass. I wrap my arm around her and bring her closer to me. She unbuckles herself and climbs onto my lap. She silently cries into my neck and I just rub her back. We get home and Volkov is out of the car in seconds. I carry her up to my room and lay on the bed with her.

"Shhh baby girl, it's okay. He was being insecure when he said and did what he did at the beach," I rub her back, "He doesn't have a right to take it out on you. If he's insecure about you easily giving him up for another guy, than that's his problem. Don't you go around being insecure about your body because he's insecure about your relationship. You are easily the most beautiful girl Volkov and I know. I've seriously never seen someone as gorgeous as you, baby girl."
She looks up at me with her tear stained face, "Really? I mean, about all of it."

"Really."
She kisses me and then pulls away, blushing, "I feel bad..."
"Why?"
"Because I... I didn't think or miss you too much... when you first left, I was really sad, and then I thought 'I'll spend this time with Volkov and when I go back I'll spend the same amount of time with just Val.' Does that make me a bad girlfriend?"

I can't help but laugh, "Of course not baby. You were on vacation and wanted to enjoy it. I wanted you to enjoy it. There was no reason to think about someone who wasn't there. It'd have just made you sad."
She kisses me and then sits up. She undoes my belt and pushes my pants and boxers down. She pulls her dress up slightly and sits down on my cock. Her head falls back with a moan.

"Fuck. You had nothing on under that?!" I hold her hips and slam her down on my cock.
"Oh... Val..." She moans out.
I sit up against the head board and her hands go to my shoulders.
"Ride me, baby girl," I kiss her neck.
She kisses me while she rides me. She continues until she brings us to the edge. She wraps her arms around my neck lightly and hugs me.
"Thank you. For always being so so kind to me," She kisses my neck.

I pull her away and cup her face, "Of course, baby. Volkov's always been a bit more... aggressive. He doesn't mean it, not towards you. Ever."
I watch a few tears fall from her eyes and I quickly wipe them away, "It's okay baby. Don't cry, please, it hurts me seeing you sad."
"I just wanna be good enough... I don't mean to be so sensitive, it's just how I am."

"No, you're more than enough. Seriously, baby, don't let Volkov get to you. He's being a jackass."
She carefully gets off of me and lets me fix myself before curling up in my lap again.
"I love you, Valentin," She whispers, holding my hand close to her chest.
"I love you too, Cassandra," I gently squeeze her hand.

We stay like that for a while. Just holding each other. No talking, no moving. Just listening to each others breathing. Her head is on my chest and I play with her hair. She finally sighs and gets off me.
"I'm starving," She smiles.

I grin and get up with her, "Then let's go eat."
When we get downstairs, Volkov's in the kitchen. He looks really distraught. He's far enough gone to be struggling to eat. I hate when this happens to him. Cassie quietly walks up to him. She puts her hand under his chin and lifts his head to look at her. She smiles and kisses him lightly. She sits in the chair next to him on the side of the table. She picks up his fork, gets a little bit of the eggs on it, and brings it up to his mouth. He watches her as he slowly takes the bite. She continues to feed him while I get her and myself some as well. He finally snaps out of it and takes his fork back. I set her plate down and she starts eating.

"I'm sorry Cass. I fucking suck. I know I do. I don't know how to get a grip on my emotions. I get so jealous seeing how awesome your relationship with Val is that I'm afraid any guy could get that from you. I don't know why I have to think like that. I know you're the most loyal girlfriend ever. You're absolutely amazing and I fucking suck."

"This is adorable. Volkov, I'm so glad you've finally come to the conclusion everyone else has. Now, Daniel's calling," Magnus walks in, interrupting us.
Cassie looks between us and then jumps up.
"Fuck," I mutter, following her up to our office. She got to the phone first, "Danny?"
I pick up the other phone, listening in.
"Cass? Are you okay?! I've been fucking worried about you. I finally have their money," Daniel tells her quickly.

"Danny... were you threatening Val?"
"What did you just call him?"
"Val?"
"You're fucking attached to them? Cass, what about me? I miss my baby sister. I raised you, you mean the entire world to me... you're just going to leave me for them?"
I watch Cassie the entire time, "No, Danny! I would never leave you. You really finally have all their money?"

My heart hurts. I look at the guys in the door way and they all look surprised as well. Cassie's back is to all of us.
"Yes, I finally do. I hate how long it took me," Daniel sighs.
"Then give it to them. I miss you Danny, I really do," I can hear tears in her voice.
"I will. It'll happen today. I love you."
"I love you too Danny!"
"I'll see you in a little."

"Okay!" She puts the phone down and turns around, wiping her cheeks.
She looks up and her eyes go wide, "Um... uh... anyways back to breakfast?"
She tries walking past the guys but they block her path. She backs up and looks at them confused.
"You said if he got the money back, I could go back home to him," She tells us.
"So everything that's happened between us? Has it meant nothing to you?" Volkov crosses his arms.

"It's my brother Vee!! I miss him! I haven't seen him in ages!" She yells at him, fighting tears.
"So you're going to throw us to the side?! We've been nothing but good to you!"
"You wouldn't understand! You're always with your brother!"
Someone knocks on the front door. Cassie tries to run but Volkov holds her back. We all leave and lock her in the room. I open the front door and Daniel stands there.

"Where's my sister?" He asks as he hands me a white envelope.
"She decided she wants to stay. We'll take our money though," I tell him, taking the envelope.
"I suggest you leave before things get ugly," Jason glares at him.
"She wouldn't!" Daniel yells.
"She would. Bye," Volkov slams the door in his face.

Volkov and I go back upstairs while Magnus and Jay stay downstairs. Volkov opens the door and our office is trashed. Cassie is sitting in the middle crying. Her knees are pulled up to her chest, with her arms wrapped around them. Her head is on her knees.

"I just want to see him!" She looks up at us. She looks around and slowly stops crying. She gets up and starts cleaning up, "I'm sorry. I know I was mad but I shouldn't have gone this far. It certainly isn't going to help me see my brother," She stops for a second and looks up at us, standing straight up, papers in her hands, "I really do just want to see him. I don't know what came over me. I love you guys. You have treated me wonderfully.

I seriously shouldn't have been such a bitch. I hadn't thought about Danny since the last time I saw him, so hearing his voice broke something in side of me," She says as she continues cleaning, "I just snapped and realized how much I missed just seeing him and playing board games with him and watching movies and eating meals. We went through so much together and I haven't even tried contacting him."

Vee and I look at each other. I send Jay a text and we start helping her clean up.
"I get it. I do. I'm not mad about this. We were assholes. We didn't take into consideration your feelings or your past," I tell her, kissing her cheek.

She smiles up at me and Volkov comes over, kissing the other cheek. She grins at him as well.
"I wanna stay, but I want to be able to see Daniel as well. Doesn't have to be often," She tells us.
"Deal," Volkov grins. He opens the door and Daniel is standing there with Jay and Magnus behind him. He steps in and opens his arms. Cassie runs and jumps into them, hugging him tightly.