Chapter Twenty-Five

*Valentin's POV*
Volkov had gotten so sucked into his paper work, he didn't hear a word of Cassie and I's convo. Her and I went to my room and he joined us shortly after. Cassie is laying with her head on my shoulder, right arm over my waist, and right leg tangled with mine. She's sound asleep. Volkov's also sound asleep. He's on his stomach holding Cassie's left hand with his right. I put Cass in one of my shirts. Vee and I threw on boxers and sweats afterwards.

With everything that's happened today, I've come to the conclusion that I really didn't care about the truck that much. I was just so scared that something had happened to my precious little villain, that I needed an outlet for it all.

I lay there for a while, just lost in thought.
"Val?" I hear her sweet little voice.
"Yeah baby?" I whisper, rubbing her arm that's across my torso.
She doesn't respond so I ask again, "Yeah baby?
I chuckle, she fell asleep again. I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram.
"Val?" Cassie asks again.

"Yeah baby?" I go back to rubbing her arm.
She doesn't respond again and I smile. I get bored with my phone so I turn my bedside lamp on and grab my book, reading.
"Valentin?" She says my full name.
"What, baby?" I ask, not rubbing her arm this time.
"I... I love you... that's all. Sorry."

*Cassie's POV*
He's right there. You can feel him, calm down. Why are you freaking out? If you're touching him, why does he need to be touching you? Open your eyes and look at him. I can't... I'm so tired... I can't move. What about Vee? Can you feel him? Is he holding your hand? I... I think so...

I force my body to turn onto my other side, facing Vee.

Good. Now open your eyes or call his name, maybe he'll have more patience for your annoying self.

"Vee?" I whisper, not opening my eyes.
I feel a hand clamp down on my mouth and I know it's Val.
"I'm awake. Why do you need to wake him up too?" He whispers, turning me around and pulling me into him.
"I'm sorry... I don't need to..."

Don't panic. What's the reason for panicking? Calm down, please. Just grab his shirt... he's not wearing a fucking shirt! They're going to take them from me... I'm going to be stuck here while they leave me behind...

"Val?" I ask so much quieter than before.
"Yes?"
"Touch me... please..."
"What? Aren't you tired still? You just took both of us like 30 minutes ago."
"Not like that... just rub my arm?"
"It's uncomfortable for me."
"Please Val."

"For a few minutes," He gently rubs my arm and I start to fall asleep again, finally calm. I'm about to fall into a deep sleep when he stops rubbing my arm. I feel like I'm falling so I jolt awake, sitting up. I quickly crawl over Val and run into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I lean in the sink counter, trying to focus my breathing but I just keep hyperventilating.

Why now? There is no reason for a panic attack. I just need to calm down. I have to stop being such a burden for them. I have so many fucking problems... Either get it together or fucking end it. Maybe your brother will take you back. If you can't get it together for them, then just move out. They can't be with you all the fucking time. They have lives. They're still human. Not everyone cares like your brother does.

I stare at the mirror, still panting. I can't get my breathing under control. I hold my head and sit on the floor. I cry and cry until I have no more tears left. I've finally calmed down so I get up and walk back into the bedroom. It's dark and I can't really see anything. I find the bed and carefully crawl onto it. Valentin is still awake, on his phone.

"Are you okay, baby? You were in there for a while," He smiles, rubbing my back when I snuggle into him.
"I'm fine. Just a minor panic attack," I lie, leaning into his touch.
"That's why you need me to rub your arm, isn't it? I'm so sorry. It was just such an uncomfortable position and you seemed so calm I thought it wasn't that big a deal."
"I'm fine, I promise Val."

"But I just let you suffer through that on your own. And I was being a dick about it."
I hold myself up on one arm and kiss him, "It's okay. I'm too needy so I'm glad I could handle this on my own."
"Baby..." He says with a hint of a whine.
"Val, seriously, you can't baby me all the time."
"But why not?"

"Because you're not doing such a great job..."
He sighs, "I'm not very patient, am I?"
"That could definitely be better..."
"I'll work on it baby."
Volkov wakes up and I grin. I move over and flop down on him.
He grunts and rubs my back, "Hey baby."
"Can you please explain to Valentin why he can't baby me all the time?"
"And why can't he?"
"Because I'm 18."
"I don't think I understand."