Chapter Sixty

*Cassie's POV*
I'm sitting on the bed, shoving my mouth full of the waffles.

I might as well be mated to Kirill. For being the fifth prince, he's pretty heavily involved. I get it though, Kirill needs his help. It's just heartbreaking walking into your bedroom, beyond excited for the day with your soulmate, and then you find him getting dressed and leaving you.

I get dressed and head to Kirill's office. I knock on the door.
"Come in!" I hear the voice of the only man I will ever love.
I open the door and smile, "I'm gonna head to the grocery store because we're low on groceries."
"Okay, printsessa, be safe please. Take Jason and Magnus with you."
I nod, "Okay."

I give him a quick kiss and then leave. I head to the kitchen to grab my guard friends and then we leave. Once I've bought all the groceries I want, we head home. I put them away and tell Magnus that I'm going right outside to work on my garden.

"Wait for me, I'll be right there!" He yells from down the hall, probably going to the bathroom.
"I'll be right outside!" I yell back.
I grab my gardening gloves and go out the side door. I start working and humming to myself when a bag is thrown over my head and I pass out.

I wake up in a panic, "Magnus?! Jason! Mikhail!?"
"Sorry sweetheart, it's just me," The room is pitch black but a lamp turns on at the sound of a man's voice.
I quickly scramble away from him but I realize my hands are in cuffs connected to the floor in the center of the room.

"Aw don't be scared, gem," The man smirks, "I'm Killian, and I'm going to save you from Mikhail Ivanov and his brothers."
I scoff, "Save me from them? They'll save me from you."

"They don't know where you are. You have no phone, I had all your jewelry removed in case of a tracking device, and I also had your clothes changed."
I look at him horrified as I scramble to my feet.
"Not by me. I had a girl do it."
"He'll be able to find me. We're mates."

"Ah ah ah, don't say that word again unless you're referring to me. This room has a magic barrier on it to so he will feel nothing."

I pull on the chains but nothing gives. I squint as I look around the dark room. There's a mattress with a pillow and blanket. There's the chair he's sitting on, a table with another chair, and a lamp on a small night stand. He gets up and walks towards a small sliver of light on the ground, I assume that's the doorway. He flips a switch and the whole room lights up, telling me my assumption was right and that is the door. Not one window though. He pushes the chair back under the table.

"Would you like me to remove those?" He stares at me with dark eyes.
I look down at the cuffs and back up at him before offering my wrists to him while keeping my body as far as possible. He removes the cuffs and lets them drop to the floor. There's a knock on the door and he opens it. He grabs a tray of food from someone and closes the door again. He sets it on the table along.

"There's water bottles in the fridge. We'll try and keep that stocked all the time," He points to the mini fridge I missed earlier.
"You can leave now," I dismiss him eagerly.
He lefts out a sharp laugh, "As if I'd listen to you. Eat up. You have an eventful night tonight."
I swallow but realize I'm starving.

I should have waited for fucking Magnus. I hope he doesn't blame himself. I hope Miky doesn't blame him.

I sit down and devour the food quickly. He sits across from me, watching me. Once I'm finished, he takes the tray and puts it outside. I stand near the mattress, away from him. He turns towards me and grins, walking over. I back away but feel myself back into a corner. I gulp as he grabs me and puts me on the mattress.

"Stop!!" I scream, horrified.
He ignores me, kissing my neck. He pins my hands above my head but forgets about my legs. I bring one up and knee his dick, hard. He grunts and rolls off of me.

"Stupid bitch," He mumbles, kicking my ribs and leaving the room, turning the lights off.
I hear the door lock and I lay there, shivering. I pull the blanket up to my chin and lay there awake.

*Mikhail's POV*
"Mikhail!" Magnus yells, running into Kirill's office, "Cassie's gone. I ran to the bathroom and then she said she was going outside but I told her to wait for me but she didn't and as soon as I ran outside, she was already gone. I saw tire marks in the grass, it had to be a van."

"Fuck!" I panic, gripping Kirill's desk a little too hard, as I break some off.
"We need to focus on this right now," Kirill tells me, "This is an entire kingdom we're talking about!"
I look at him and suddenly a conversation I had with Cass comes to mind.

*Flashback*
"Hero or villain?" She asks, looking up at me.
"For what?"
"As a lover. Who would you choose?"
"Hero, for sure. I want the good guy. You?"
"Villain, all the way. The hero would risk their lover for the world but the villain would risk the world for their lover. I know what it's like to have a villain, how could I go to a hero?"
"Are you calling me a villain?"
"Are you going to let me die for the sake of the world?"

I growl, "Don't talk like that. The only thing dying in that scenario is the world."
She smiles, "I know. Point proven."
I shake my head, chuckling, "Very well. I'm sticking with my answer."
"Is it because in your eyes I'm your hero?"
"Maybe..."
"But I could careless about the world if you aren't in it."
"Good thing I am, printsessa."
She blushes.
*End of flashback*

"I'm the fucking villain, Kirill, I won't sacrifice my printsessa for anything," I shout at him, "She's my everything!"
He stares at me, "You're going to risk thousands of lives for one?!"
"Fuck yes!"