Chapter Eight

*Cassie's POV*
The guys walk in as a girl, who might as well be a model, walks in the front door. Their faces light up like I've never seen before. They take turns hugging her and before I get jealous, I just assume she's their sister.

I've seen too many movies and read too many books where it leads to a big fight... granted, she's gorgeous and if she isn't their sister, I'm sure they wouldn't miss me very much. I totally could have been just a fuck until she got back, but I'm not going to voice anything until I'm sure. I could easily be more to them, as much to them as they are to me, so I'm going to wait. They'll introduce her to me when they want to.

I smile and just sit there, not watching tv, not watching them, and not on my phone.
"Baby, this is our third in command," Volkov smiles, his hand on her lower back.
I feel my heart slowly starting to break. I grin but am too embarrassed to move.
"It's nice to meet you, I'm Cassandra but you can call me Cassie," I smile, holding the blanket tighter, closer to me.

"I'm Aria," She says stiffly, "I'm exhausted from my travels back. I'm going to go to bed early tonight."
"Alright, goodnight Ria," Valentin smiles, hugging her again.
"Goodnight Val," She grins.

She heads upstairs and Volkov follows. My heart just completely shatters. I quickly turn my head back to the tv and go on my phone. Val sits next to me with such a big grin on his face that the tears successfully break my barrier and I start crying. His head snaps to me and he looks worried as hell.
He pulls me into him, "Baby? What's wrong? Are you in pain?"

I don't answer, just keep crying. I don't know how long I've been crying but I finally calm down. Vee comes down and I stiffen, pushing myself into Val as much as possible. Val puts his hand up in a stop kind of motion but I don't see it.
Vee stops, confused, "What did I do?"
"I don't know, but she doesn't want you near her," Val defends me.
"Baby? What'd I do?"

I pull away from Val and sit crossed legged next to him. I stare down at my hands in my lap, "Who is she to you?"
"Our third in command."
"No, personally."
"She has feelings for us," Valentin sighs, "But we have never liked her back, and we've never touched her inappropriately. Actually, the only time we've ever touched her is when we just hugged her."

"Then why'd you go upstairs with her?" I look up at Volkov.
"To tell her that we're off the table. To tell her we have never liked her and we never will. I also told her that we're relieving her of her job," Volkov sits next to me, "I also told her that if she's not gone by 10 pm tonight, she'll regret it."
I look between, "You guys don't like her?"
"Not even a little bit," Valentin grins, "Now, are you hungry?"

"You haven't eaten anything since this morning," Volkov chimes in.
I nod, "Starving actually, but I'm not going in that kitchen dressed like this."
"Come on, you'll be fine."

Volkov pulls the blanket off me and Valentin puts me on my feet. They each grab one of my hands. We walk into the kitchen and it goes silent. Everyone continues eating, cooking, cleaning dishes, everything, but no one talks. I'm not sure if it's me or the guys, but I have a feeling it's me. They were laughing and talking loudly when it was just the guys before but now... it's dead silent.

"I...I'm sorry everyone, please c-continue with your e-evening..." I offer a very small smile.
I slip out of the guys' hands and race upstairs. I lock myself in Val's room and curl up in a ball on his bed. A few minutes later, they both walk in through the bathroom.
"Why'd you run, baby?" Volkov has zero patience in his voice.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to embarrass you guys. Oh God... that wasn't my intention at all... it just got so quiet as soon as I walked in... I'll go back down if you want me to. No, that'll only embarrass you guys more... I'll just stay here, for the next few days. They can forget all about me. It doesn't even have to be a few days, I can stay here for the rest of the time I'm here. I'll never do something like that again... please forgive me..." I panic.

Volkov puts his hand out and I take it, no hesitation.
"I'll keep my mouth shut and my head down," I tell him honestly.
Val takes my other hand and we walk into the kitchen again. It falls silent again. I keep my head down. Vee pulls a chair out for me and I sit down, playing with my hands.
Aria walks in with a bag, "I'm headed out everyone."

"Aw no!" Someone says sadly, "Not Aria!"
"Aw we'll miss you!" Another calls out.
"You'll have to visit!" One more days.
"No one can replace you, Ria!" Someone says before she leaves.
"You fucking morons!" Valentin snaps.
Everyone shuts up, their heads snapping to him.
"She did nothing but lie to us, and steal. Surely you all remember that year your paychecks were cut in half because someone was stealing from us?! Well it was fucking her! I will easily be able to find someone to replace her."

I'm not the reason she was fired? Okay... I think that's good actually!

Volkov puts a plate of food in front of me. I start eating while him and Val go talk to some other people. Jay is on my one side and the doctor, Eric, is on my other side.

"I still don't know why they hired her in the first place. Nobody fucking liked her but we didn't want to tell the twins that so we stayed quiet, acting like we did. I never thought they'd fire her, but thankfully for you, they did," Jason smiles at me.

"They fired her because of me?" I ask him.
"Thankfully. She was such a fucking whore."
I nod and continue eating. I feel a hand high on my thigh. I glance at Eric but he doesn't look at me. I try pushing his hand off but he just squeezes my thigh harder. I look at the twins for help but they're busy talking. I'm about to ask Jay for help but he gets up and walks away.
"C-Can you please l-let go?" I ask Eric quietly.
"Shh," Is all he says before going back to his conversation.

I get up and take my plate. I get a little more and nonchalantly sit somewhere else. I finish and put my plate in the sink.
"Go back to my room, Cassandra," Valentin tells me, when he notices I'm done.
I nod and quickly make my way up there.
"Cassandra, can you please help me with something downstairs?" Eric asks on my way upstairs.

I turn around and hesitate, "Um-"
"Come on, Cass, don't be rude," Volkov smiles.
I nod, "Sure."
I follow Eric down. We get into the med room and he closes the door. He pins me against the wall and slips his hand into my shorts. I try pushing him off but he doesn't budge.
"P-Please let go... or I'll... I'll scream!" I beg him.
"Scream and I'll make sure you regret it," Is all he says before he reaches in my shirt to unhook my bra.

Right before he can, someone knocks on the door. Eric quickly pulls away and makes it seem like he was doing something. Volkov walks in and grins when he sees me. I'm now sitting on the bed.
"Do you need Cass still?" Volkov asks, walking over to me.
"Nope, she's all yours," Eric smiles, turning to face Vee.
Volkov grabs my hand and leads me up to Val's room.