Chapter Forty-One

*Cassie's POV*
The guys just left for their 7 o'clock meeting. I'm stuck with Jace since they took the other guards. I stare at the tv, bored out of my mind.
"Can we go out?" I look at Jace.
"No," He doesn't look at me.

"Order food?"
"No."
"Go swimming?"
"No."
"Play a game?"
"No."
"Come on! Anything?"
"Sit here and watch tv."

I sigh and go on my phone. It feels like it's hours before the guys finally get home. I grin and jump on the first one in the door, Volkov.
"You guys were gone for soooooo long," I whine, hugging Val and Miky next.
"Baby, it was an hour," Valentin chuckles.
I roll my eyes as they all laugh, "An hour too long."

They sit down and I snuggle into Val, feeling as though he needs the most reassurance right now. We start watching a horror movie with all the lights on.
Magnus comes up behind me, "Boo!" He whisper yells. I scream and jump off the couch, spinning around to hit him. He easily and quickly catches my wrist, laughing along with everyone else. I roll my eyes and sit back down with Val.

Magnus sits down and we continue to watch the movie... until Val's phone chimes three times, spaced out just enough to be annoying. I grab his phone and fumble for the silent mode switch, in the darkness. His phone turns on and I squint but see the name Claire on it. I turn silent mode on and hand it back to Val.

I don't bother mentioning it, he'll see it later and take care of it. I snuggle into him to fall asleep but someone picks me up and puts me in their lap. I sigh and snuggle into him, knowing it's Volkov. I fall into a deep sleep.

My guys and their guard friends are downstairs, probably playing Xbox. I take this time to take a shower and pamper myself. I just got out of the shower and I'm staring at myself in the mirror, wrapped in my towel. They have a gorgeous glass bowl that just sits there.

I fill it with warm water and put a wash cloth in it to soak. I brush my teeth and then bring the bowl closer to me. I squeeze the cloth out and hold it on my face for a minute, sighing deeply. I put the cloth back in the bowl I pick the bowl up to dump it when there's a loud thunder strike. I scream, startled, and drop the bowl, shattering it, only to then fall onto the shattered and wet glass. I try to get up but it hurts so much.

I see the guys and guards all around me, but I can't hear anything. I look down at the red puddle beneath me. I feel someone pick me up and wrap my towel around me.

*Mikhail's POV*
I barely heard my printsessa's scream over the thunder but I did. I didn't have time to explain it to the others before I was jumping up and running upstairs. I heard them following me but I didn't care. I run into Valentin's room and then into the bathroom while Volkov, Jace, and Jason come through Volkov's room.

I quickly pick her up and wrap her towel around her again. She must have been in a daze because she snaps out of it and pushes at me.
"Stop! Stop it hurts!" She cries, hard.
"I know baby, just bear with me for a minute," I try to soothe her.
"No! It hurts!" She hits my chest repeatedly. I'm about to set her down on the bed when she screams, "Not on the bed!"

I frown and attempt to put her on the floor, "No! N-Not the carpet..."
"Baby..."
"I-I'm fine!"
"You're bleeding all over the place!" Valentin corrects her.
She looks down, "Oh no! I'm so sorry Val..."
She tries yet again to get out of my hold and succeeds but Valentin catches her.

"Geez baby, careful. Let's get you down to the med room," Valentin kisses her forehead.
"I have to clean up my mess."
"The guys and I will get it, printsessa," I look at her.
She hasn't stopped crying, but she does let Val takes her downstairs. I walk back into the bathroom to see Jason and Magnus picking the big glass pieces up. Volkov's cleaning the water and blood and Jace is taking care of the carpet. I start helping him.

"What did you see?" I don't look at him as I ask him.
"Besides her perfect body? Nothing," He says, smirking.
"Don't talk about it in front of her, okay?"
"I won't. We might not always see eye to eye, but I wouldn't want to hurt her. I can only imagine how embarrassed she'll be when she gets over the pain and shock."

I nod and move into the bathroom, "You two don't speak of this incident, yeah?"
"Of course not. We wouldn't dream of doing that to Cass," Magnus responds right away, not bothering to look at me though.
I sigh and head downstairs. I go to the basement and see Valentin wrapping Cassie's hands.

*Valentin's POV*
I watch my little villain twist in Mikhail's arms and almost fall. I quickly catch her and keep her close to my chest.
"Geez baby, careful. Let's get you down to the med room," I kiss her forehead.
"I have to clean up my mess," She mumbles, looking down at the now red stained grey carpet.
"The guys and I will get it, printsessa," Mikhail looks at her.

She sighs but doesn't stop crying. She doesn't fight me as I rush to the basement floor for the med room. I set her on her feet and turn her around. I gently push her upper half away from me. I grab some paper towels and get them wet. Her hands are now on the counter, keeping herself up. Once I've cleaned the little cuts on the backs of her thighs, I put band-aids over the bigger ones that need them.
"Do you want to try sitting?" I ask spinning her back to facing me.

She nods, still trying to tame her breathing from crying so hard. I lead her over to the bed and hold her hand as she gets on the stool and then sits on the bed. She gives no indication that it hurts so I go back to the counter to get some clean paper towels. Once I've wiped her hands off, I grab some wraps and wrap her hands, taping the ends with water proof tape. Mikhail walks in as I'm wrapping her second hand.
"How are you feeling printsessa?" He asks in a quiet tone.

She stares at her hands, watching what I'm doing, "I-I'm..." She sighs but doesn't keep speaking. Mikhail slowly approaches us, almost as though he's going to scare her off.

*Volkov's POV*
I just watched Mikhail leave, probably to go check up on Cass. I leave the guys to finish cleaning as I follow him. I grab a shirt and pair of boxers from my closet. I walk into the med room and see Val wrapping her hand still. Mikhail is standing close to her, but not touching her. I look at her red, puffy, tear stained face and I get to her in three strides. I put my hands on either side of her face and bring her lips to meet mine in the middle. I feel her lean into me. I slowly pull away and I can tell she's calmed down.

"Now how are you feeling, printsessa?" Mikhail gives her a gentle smile. He slowly gets her dressed in the clothes I brought for her.
"B-Better..." She mumbles, "I'm so embarrassed. I got scared over some lightening and bothered you guys... I know you're going to say it's fine and what not, but I broke that gorgeous glass dish, I stained your towel and carpet and got blood everywhere... it's not okay."

"We can wash the towels and carpets. We can go out and buy another glass dish. It IS okay," I tell her softly yet sternly.
She shakes her head and pushes us all away now that Val's done, "I should have been there to help clean up..."
She gets off the bed and starts walking upstairs. We follow her as she walks into my bedroom and then into the bathroom, "I can get the rest, guys..."

"Don't worry about it," Jace smiles at her.
She looks at him like he's crazy, "Don't do that."
"Don't do what?"
"Smile at me. Be nice... it's weird."
He chuckles, "Very well Malysh."
She tilts her head, questioning the nickname he gave her. I just know the other two are going to start calling her that too. One can only prevent so much. Stupid requirements to know Russian before joining us.

"It means little one," Jason explains.
"You both know Russian?" She cocks her head again.
"It was a requirement to join the twins."
"I wanted to learn it because it's my best friends native language," Jace tells her.
"Aw, that's kinda really sweet actually... I didn't know you had it in you," Cassie smirks.
Jace runs his tongue along his top teeth, "Very well, malysh."