Chapter Six

*Cassie's POV*
"What took so long?" Valentin asks me, making chocolate chip pancakes.
"You told me to stay in your room," I mumble sitting down.

"From now on, we want you to live as though this is your house. You're free to sleep where you want, do what you want, eat what you want, fucking sit wherever you want, whatever you want so please. Just, please, relax. We want you to be normal around here. And you don't have to take everything we say so seriously."
I smile and stand up. I turn his head to me and kiss him.

"I can do that. All you had to do was tell me that's what you want."
He chuckles. I go back to the table and sit on Volkov's lap. He groans and buries his head in my hair.
"I'm sorry, is this seat taken?" I turn to look at him, "I was told I'm allowed to sit wherever I want."
"Nope, it's all yours baby," Volkov smiles, sneaking his hand into my shirt and going up to my breasts.

He rolls my nipple between his fingers and I push against his hand. His other hand rips my underwear off. He plays with my clit and I moan. His finger rubs my wet folds. Valentin sets our food in front of us and I watch his eyes travel down my body. His eyes land on my pussy. My body heats up even more and I squirt on Volkov's hand.

He chuckles deeply, "Someone likes being watched while being touched."
Valentin lifts my chin to look up at him, "Put a finger in."
Volkov immediately slips two fingers into my pussy and I moan. Valentin puts two fingers in my mouth and Volkov adjusts me so I'm riding his fingers. The closer I get to my climax the harder I suck Val's fingers. I orgasm and my cum covers Volkov's fingers and gets on his jeans. I slump against him but Valentin picks me up. He sits down with me on his lap. He feeds me breakfast and I happily eat it. I curl into Val once I'm done and close my eyes.

"That's got you tired?" He asks quietly, rubbing my back.
I look up at him and then Volkov who's also waiting for an answer.
I blush, "I... I've never done something like that before..."
"You've never had any sexual activity of any sort?" Volkov asks.

I shake my head, "I was an outcast in school, never even had a nice boyfriend... guess I never will either."
I mumble under my breath but Val hears it. I feel him stiffen under me. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep.

*Volkov's POV*
"She isn't our girlfriend," Valentin tells me when he comes back downstairs from putting Cassie in bed.
"What?" I ask him when he sits down on the couch next to me.
"We haven't ever formally asked her."
"Do we want to?"
"What?"

"Do we want her to be our girlfriend?"
"Why wouldn't we?"
"What if Daniel pays the money back and she wants to go back? Believe it or not, I'd be heartbroken."
Valentin shakes his head, "We'll be heartbroken either way."
I chuckle, "Yeah, you're right. Jason!"
Jay walks into the room, "Yes sir?"
"Watch Cassandra. We'll be quick but we have to run out."

He nods. Val looks at me but follows anyways. We get in my car and I pull out.
"Does she like chocolates? Is she allergic to any types of flowers?" I ask Val.
"Shit... Vee I have no idea," Val confesses, "Let's do chocolates and gummy type candies and roses."
I groan, "You de-thorn the roses."
"You've been through shit and roses are what get you?"

I chuckle, "Fine, we'll split the work."
We get into the store and he gets the flowers while I get the candy. I grab some snacks and we meet at a register. I see he got some drinks, beers for us and soda for Cass.
"Drinks?" I ask him, skeptical.
"Extra snacks?" He asks me with a smirk, "Movie day."

"I was thinking the same thing."
We pay and head out to the car. We just put the groceries in the car when someone does a drive by, shooting at us. Valentin gets hit in the shoulder but I don't realize it.
"Fuck! Get in the car!" I yell, running to the other side and getting in.
He gets in and we start driving home. We're both pumped on adrenaline, we don't speak much.
"Fuck, we have to hurry. Make sure nothing happened to Cass," I tell him.

When he doesn't answer, I see his head dropped in front of him. I see blood on his shirt as I curse. I immediately call Jason, "Make sure there's a doctor ready for Val. He got shot in his right shoulder."
"Yes sir," Jason says before hanging up.
I park and get Val out. We walk in as Cassie is coming down the stares. She yawns and looks at us. I watch her eyes widen in horror as I walk by.
"Val!" She cries, racing to his other side.

She doesn't hesitate when she pulls her shirt off, leaving her in a bra, and presses it to his wound. She holds it there as we walk down to the med room. I lay him on the bed as the doctor and few nurses rush over. I back away, letting them do their thing.
"Ma'am, I need you to move," I hear one of the nurses telling Cass.
I look at her and then grab her.

"Val!" She screams, reaching for him.
I pull her out of the room. She turns around and sobs into me.
"I'm so glad you're okay," She says as she cries into my neck, "I wouldn't have survived if you were both hurt..."
"I know baby," I reassure her, "I know. He'll be okay. I'm sorry I let it happen. I should have brought men with us..."

"It's not your fault, Vee. It could have happened even with men around."
I nod slowly. A few hours later, the doctor comes out.
He smiles, "He'll be just fine. We pumped him full of pain meds so he's asleep right now, but you're more than welcome to go in."
Cass and I rush in. We stay by his side until he wakes up.

*Valentin's POV*
I wake up to hear the soft whimpers of my baby. I turn my head slightly and see her with her head down on my bed. I put my hand on the back of her head and gently rub. She looks up and throws her arms around my neck.
"Val..." She murmurs.
I watch Vee bolt up right out of the corner of my eye.

"Val, I'm so sorry," He says immediately.
"Don't be. It could have happened to either of us. I'm glad it was me. I'm older anyways," I laugh.
"By a fucking minute! Get over yourself," He laughs as well.
"Baby, come snuggle with me," I tell her gently.
"I don't want to hurt you," She looks at me.
"You won't, come on."

She's hesitant but she does end up getting on the bed with me. She keeps her face in the crook of my neck.
"How are you feeling?" Vee asks as the doctor walks in.
"I feel fine. I don't know why I need to be here still," I mumble, playing with Cassie's hair.
"You were shot five hours ago, sir, you need proper rest. You wouldn't get that if I allowed you to leave right now," The doctor chimes in, grinning.

The doctor has been our friend for the longest time. He's one of the originals, along with Jay and Magnus. He checks me over and then leaves.
"I was worried sick," Volkov finally admits.
"I know, but I'm awake. What time is it?"
"2:05."
"Wow, exactly five hours ago."
Volkov nods.

"You put the drinks in the fridge, right?"
Volkov laughs, "THAT'S what you're worried about?"
"I like a cold beer," I laugh with him.
I gently move my head to see Cass asleep.
"She's perfect," Volkov says, looking at her.
"I couldn't agree more."