Chapter Sixteen

*Cassie's POV*
I don't really remember last night. I remember falling asleep in front of the door. And waking up only to find out Val slept in the other bed. I wasn't angry by that, but I also wasn't happy. I'm laying in bed, waiting for the guys to come back up from breakfast. I hear them coming back and I can't help but smile to myself.
"Good morning!" I grin, hating myself for forgiving Val so soon.

I was really mad at him for what he did, but at the same time, he protected me. He did it because Magnus was being rude to me. He wasn't hurting me, and he never would. I get up and hug Valentin. I put the side of my head against his chest and snuggle into him.
"Thank you. For standing up for me," I smile.
He smiles down at me and kisses the top of my head, "Always, beautiful."

I go back to the bed and sit down, criss cross. They join me and we start eating. I finish my plate and crawl into Valentin's lap. He's still eating so I just quietly sit there, scrolling through Instagram.
"Do you want some?" He asks me.

I look up at him, "Oh! No thank you. I just wanted to be close to you. Am I in your way?"
He glances down at his plate, "No, you're fine."
I nod and go back to scrolling. He moves his plate around a few times so I just move back to my spot. I get up and change into a loose crop top. I put on some shorts with pockets and then slip on socks and my vans. I smile and sit on the edge of the bed, and then I lay back.

"I'm cold without you," Valentin whines.
"But I was in the way!" I smile.
"You weren't in my way," Volkov grins, pulling me onto his lap.
I giggle and take my shoes off. I curl into him.
"Cassandra," Valentin calls me.
My head snaps to him, "Yes sir?"
"Come here."
I immediately get up and sit in his lap, not moving.

He's the nice one. Well, they're both nice, but he's always been the nice one... I'm not scared of them anymore... I don't want to be scared of them again...

"Good girl," Valentin tells me. Once he finishes, he gently moves me off of him, "Get your shoes on, baby."
I do as he says and wait for them by the door. Volkov comes over and I jump on his back. He puts his hands under my knees and we wait for Valentin. He walks over and we start heading to the elevator, Volkov still giving me a piggy back ride. Volkov stops to adjust me.

"Why not just have her walk? She's not incapable," Valentin tells his brother.
"Because I want to carry her. I just didn't want to drop her," Volkov responds, giving his brother a weird look.
We get to the ground floor and then start walking. I had back to back nightmares last night, so I got zero sleep. I lay my head on Volkov's shoulder and come in and out of sleep. He carry's me for about 30 minutes before deciding to set me down. I yawn and heavily lean into him. Valentin's on my left side and I lean into him as well.

"Vaaaaal~" I murmur, "Can I have a piggy back rideeeeee?"
"No, you're 18 and can walk on your own," He doesn't even bother to look down at me.
I straighten up and force myself to keep my head up. I see a coffee shop and we stop. I order myself two coffees, pay, and then we continue on. I down them a little too quickly. There's a cute boutique and I beg them to go in with me.

"Cover for me and Volkov, yeah?" I ask Valentin before pulling Volkov into a changing room and locking the door, "Somethings wrong with Val," I whisper.
"You think so too?" Volkov sits on the bench, the same height as me.
I nod, "I know I can be annoying, and he might be annoyed with me, but this isn't how he acts whenever he's annoyed. It's like he's trying to become more detached... am I losing him? Is there another girl?"

"No... he's definitely becoming more detached, but it's not another girl. I would know."
I nod and we walk back out. Valentin pushes us both back in, "I heard your entire conversation. Someone threatened me. Normally, I'd brush it off, but they're threatening me with you, Cass."
"What? What was the threat?" I ask him, cupping his face.

"They constantly have eyes on me, they're going to kidnap you if I don't do what they say... it's worse than them killing you because who knows what they'll do."
"Who is it?" Volkov asks.
"Даниэль," Valentin answers in Russian. (Daniel)

"Что? С кем он объединяется? Ни хрена он не смог бы сделать это сам. Давай просто убьем его." (What? Who is he teaming up with? No fucking way he could do this on his own. Let's just kill him.)
"Убить нашу подругу, брат? Тот, кто ее вырастил? Тот, кого она очень дорожит своим сердцем? Да, давайте сделаем так, чтобы она нас ненавидела и хотела уйти. Это означает, что для нас больше нет Кэсс." (Kill our girlfriends brother? The one who raised her? The one who she holds very dearly her to heart? Yes, let's do that so she hates us and wants to leave. That means no more Cass for us.)

"Fuck! I know what it means, asshole," Volkov finally speaks in English.
"Can someone please tell me what the fuck just happened?" I look between them, "Who is it?"
"I don't know," Valentin tells me.
"Are you lying to me?"
He sighs, "Yes."
"Then who is it?"

"Your brother," Volkov responds for Val.
"My brother is threatening you? Can I talk to him? Maybe he'll listen to me!"
They look at each other. Valentin shakes his head as Volkov looks at me, "Okay fine. When we get home?"
I nod, grinning, "Of course. I wouldn't want to ruin our vacation."
"I'm going to head home early though," Valentin has a frown on his face.

"What why? No way they can know what we're doing in our room?"
"It's just better this way, baby."
"Val..."
"I love you. I'll see you when you guys get home."