Chapter Ten

*Cassie's POV*
It's been a week since the Eric thing. I've been back and forth between the guys' room but I've been distant. After what Magnus said, I don't know what to do. I spend the day in whoever's room I slept in. They bring me food but I barely eat. I have to drag myself to the bathroom and to the other twins room at night. It's lunch time, and I'm in Val's room. He's always on time, so as the clock strikes 12 exactly, he walks in with a tray of shepherds pie. He has sweet tea as my drink and a brownie for dessert. He grins and sets it down in front of me.

"No thank you," I murmur, not looking at him.
Volkov walks in with two plates of shepherds pie. He hands one to Val and then sits on the bed next to him.

They haven't come in together for any meal yet... maybe I need to make an effort to forgive them, what if they send me back? I know I was hurt by them but I don't want to go back...

"We've been talking a lot about this," Volkov starts.
"And we think you should move back in with your brother," Val finishes.
"I don't want to," I tell them, no hesitation.
They look at each other and sigh.
"You're barely eating, you rarely get out of bed, and you don't talk to us anymore. We know what we did, so we think it's best you go home."

"No. I'll take better care of myself. And... since it's the only thing I have been thinking about, I'm ready to forgive you guys..." I pause for a second, "Of course, that's only if you forgive me too because I know I'm at fault as well... and it is your house, so if you really want me to go back with Danny I will... I also don't want to be a burden for you guys... I'm sure my pouty week wasn't very helpful for you guys, especially if you had to try and feed me three times a day and-"

Volkov puts the brownie in my mouth to shut me up. I take a bite and then he puts it back down.
"It's time you go back," He tells me. They start eating their food. I nod and eat as well. Once we're all done, one of the maids comes in and takes the plates and tray away.

"We'll help you pack. Daniel will be by in 30 minutes to get you," Val says, getting up.
I look at Volkov but he gets up as well. I slowly pull myself out of the bed. I'm in an oversized t-shirt and underwear. I walk through the bathroom and into Vee's room. I grab my clothes and then walk back into Val's room. I drop them on the duffel bag Val is standing in front of. I shove them in and then go back for more. I shove the rest in and then zip it up.

"What now?" I ask, turning to look at them, "Oh! I have an idea!"
Volkov raises his eyebrow, "Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, let's play hide and seek! If you two can find me before Daniel gets here, I go with him. If you can't find me by the time Daniel gets here, I stay."
The twins smirk.

"Okay, let's play," Valentin speaks up.
"Outside is off limits but that's it. I'm allowed in the rest of the house. I have one minute to hide and you two can't leave this room until that's up," I tell them, throwing on a pair of Val's sweats.
"Deal," Volkov smirks.

I leave the room and close the door behind me. I run downstairs to the med room. I go through it and to the cellar. I run around the corner and go into an empty cell. I close the door and hide in the back of the cell, in the shadows.
"Well hi there beautiful," I hear Eric's voice.
"Shut up," I tell him sharply.

15 minutes go by and there's a knock at the front door. I smirk. I hear Daniel's voice as Volkov walks down. I hear him in the med room and then I see him walking towards the cells. He pulls his flashlight out and does a quick look in the cell I'm in. He chuckles and shakes his head when he sees me. I get up and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I quick peck his lips, "Looks like I'm staying."
"I'm not mad about that," He grins.
We head upstairs and Val looks... disappointed?
"Sorry, Daniel, Cass is staying with us," Volkov grins.
"What? Cassie is this true?" He looks at me.
I nod, "I like it here Danny, I like them Daniel... maybe they'll let you move in! There's an extra room!"
"Volkov, can I speak to you? In private?" Valentin finally speaks up.
He looks over and sighs. Him and Val walk out.

*Valentin's POV*
"She's not staying," I pinch the bridge of my nose.
I lean on the edge of Jason's desk, my arms now crossed.
"What? But you agreed to her game! Plus, while we were waiting, I could tell you didn't want her to leave. You're my twin after all," Volkov stands in front of me, putting his arms on my shoulders.
"It's so fucking unsafe for her."

"Then we tell her that and let her make the decision."
I look at him, searching his eyes. I sigh and push him off of me. We go back out to find Daniel relaxing in a chair and Cassie pacing. Daniel notices us but Cass doesn't.
"Danny, I don't wanna go back. There's nothing for me back there," She says looking at him, her back to us.

"I'm back there. We can find something for you back there," He tells her, glancing at us.
"Daniel, I love it here... but maybe I should go back. I'm 100% positive I'm not very wanted around here. I tried to escape once. No, I just ran away for the night... but it back fired and they were so mad..."

She slumps to the floor, leaning against the couch, "I thought I could make it up to them by letting them use me... I just want to stay with them, I don't even care if it's for my body... I love them Danny... I really do... why couldn't I be good enough? Mom and dad didn't want me, I was a burden for you, and I'm a burden for them..."

"I love you too baby," I speak before thinking.
Her head snaps up to look at us.
"I couldn't love you more," Volkov tells her as we walk over to her.
She quickly gets up, "R-Really?"

"Really," Volkov and I say in unison.
She throws her arms around us and hugs us. We hold her and let her stay like this for a while. She finally pulls away and kisses Volkov and then me.