Chapter Twenty-Three

*Cassie's POV*
I wake up in the morning with the guys still with me. They're still asleep. I look between them at their peaceful, handsome faces. I gently tug Valentin closer. He groans but moves closer, still a sleep. I lay my head on his shoulder and put Volkov's arm around my waist. I put my left arm across Val's waist and wrap my right one around his left. I happily fall asleep again. I wake up to someone leaving butterfly kisses all over my face. I giggle and slowly open my eyes to see Volkov leaning over me.

"Good morning little villain. Val and I need to go on a run. I'm not sure when we'll be back but I thought I'd tell you," He smiles.
"Mmm can I come?" I return his smile.
"It's not that kind of run."
I frown, "Is it an illegal kind of run?"
He hums in response, kissing my neck.
"Okay... Jason and Magnus can't do it?"
"They're coming."

"What? Who are you leaving me with?"
"Nicholas."
I groan, "Great."
"I told him the rooms are off limits if you don't want to see him."
"But I have to get food."
"What do you want? I'll get it for you before we leave."

"Um... a strawberry banana smoothie, chocolate chip pancakes, a banana, and a bowl of cereal?"
Volkov chuckles and kisses my forehead, "I'll be back in a few minutes."
I yawn and sit up. I turn the tv on and scroll through Netflix. I turn Gilmore Girls on so I can continue that. Volkov and Valentin walk in with my food. I grin as Volkov sets the tray down over my lap. Valentin puts my smoothie and bowl of cereal on it.

"Thank you, you guys are the best," I blush.
"Oh we didn't do this for free. You owe us later," Valentin smirks.
My face turns crimson, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"
The chuckle and each give me a kiss before leaving. They got me a straw for my smoothie and I smile. I finish my food and fall asleep again.

"Valentin?!" I scream into the darkness, "Volkov?!"
I get no answer so I start walking through the forest.
"Cassandra, don't move. We're right here," I hear Valentin's voice all around me.
"Val?!" I yell.
"Baby, we're right here," Volkov tells me next.
I spin in circles but still can't see them.
"Cassandra help!" I hear Valentin yell.

His voice is in one place now. I take off running towards it. I find them and gasp at the sight before me. They're both hanging from a tree by chains. Their heads are hanging on their chests. I run up to Volkov and he weakly lifts his head.
"Get out of here Cass," He begs, "Please don't stay."
"I'm not leaving without you!" I tell him.
I look around for a way to help them.

"Run, come back if you have to, but he's coming. You have to run," Valentin speaks so quietly I almost don't hear it.
"I'll be back!" I tell them and then start running.
I hear someone chasing me. I trip over a root in the ground and then wake up.

I look around Val's room and then get up. I get out of bed and smile down at my hoodie and sweats that aren't actually mine. I wrap a blanket around me as well and then make my way downstairs.

"Nick?" I ask when I walk into the living room.
He looks up from his phone. He's sitting on the couch relaxing, "What's up?"
"Can we watch some tv?"
"Sure, don't you wanna watch it upstairs without me though?"

I sit next to him, "Not really. I just had an awful nightmare and want some company."
He gives me a small smile and the remote. I turn on a comedy and lay down with my head on the rest. My feet are towards him but I'm curled up in a ball so I don't touch him. I fall asleep again. When I wake up, my feet are on Nick's lap and he's massaging them. I let out a soft moan and then the four walk in, bloody. I continue to lay there, so tired.

"Hey baby," Volkov kneels in front of me, pushing some of my hair out of my face.
I smile, "Hi."
"What are you guys doing?"
"I just woke up. I did put a movie on but then fell asleep."

"Come shower with me?" He asks standing up and taking my hand, gently tugging.
"Noooooo," I whine, "I'm so exhausted."
"Please, baby? We've been missing you allllll morning," Valentin leans over the couch and kisses my cheek.
"Fiiiiine, but only one of you. And, you have to rinse all the blood off first. Don't be mad if I don't choose you, okay? It's mostly likely going to be the closest to the stairs."

They take off running and I giggle. I pull my blanket up to my chin and fall asleep. The next time I wake up, I'm in bed and the guys are on either side of me. I smile and lay there, finally feeling well rested. Valentine's hand travels into my pants but I stop him.
"I'm still a little tired," I say bringing his hand up to my mouth and kissing it.

He sighs and slips it into my hoodie. His hand finds it's way to my breast and he just holds it. I shake my head and smile. I turn on my side towards to Volkov who's looking at me already with a smile.
"Sleep well?" He whispers.
I nod, "Yes, finally. I had an awful nightmare after you guys left. That's why I came downstairs to have some company."
"What was it about?"

"Well, first, I heard your voices all around me. Then I pin pointed them and ran that way. I found you guys hanging from a tree with a chain by your hands. You were covered in blood and then you told me to run. So I was going to run for a little and then come back to get whoever off my tail. Well I start running and then I trip on like a tree root and then I woke up... it doesn't sound horrifying, but I was so scared you guys were going to die..."

"I'd be scared too if I saw that."
"Really? But you guys are so brave."
He smiles and kisses me, "If that was you hanging there, I'd be scared."
"Anything involving you scares us, little villain," Valentin tells me from behind.
I turn my head to look at him. I'm about to smile but I frown instead, "Morning, now feel free to remove your very invasive hand."
"But I'm comfyyyyyyy."

I can't help the giggle that escapes. I love when they're a little more childish with me, "Fine."
I turn back to Volkov and pull him into me, I kiss him hard.
"I missed you guys this morning. I know I was asleep for most of it, but it wasn't very good sleep," I tell them as I pull away from Vee.
"We're sorry baby," Valentin starts, sitting up, "We try to avoid going on runs but we had to this time."
"I know..."