Chapter Fifty-Five

*Cassie's POV*
I'm a fuck up. I always know how to say the wrong thing to ruin perfectly good moods. I don't leave the bed. I can't bring myself to mess up any further today. At around five, I finally get up and make dinner for Miky, I'm not hungry. He walks in as I'm making it.

He doesn't say a word to me as he walks to the bedroom. I hear the shower running. He comes out a few minutes later and I have his food ready for him. He sits at the island and eats while on his phone. I quietly stand across from him, my hands on the counter, one on top of the other. He doesn't look up at me and after a few minutes, I retreat to the bedroom. I take a quick shower, no strength left in me.

I caused this fight and I don't even have a good reason. Why did I compare him to Val? I don't always need to get laid. He was stressed out and I tried that approach first and he didn't take it so I took a different approach and he liked it. The world does not fucking revolve around me.

I dry myself off nicely but I don't bother getting dressed. I climb under the comforter and lay down on my side of the bed, facing away from Miky's side. Miky walks in and lays down as well. I flip around and drape my arm across his torso.
"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said," I mumble, kissing his bare back.

"You're right. You shouldn't have," He deadpans, not turning towards me or anything.
I flinch but don't move. It's only like 5:30, but I fall asleep anyways. When I wake up, I'm alone. I reach for my phone. I bring it towards me and there's a note on it. I squint and use my phone light to read it.

"I just can't sleep with you right now."
I burst into tears. I throw on some clothes and go up to the roof. I climb over the wall and sit on it, starting at the ground below me.

I'm not here to kill myself, I'm not brave enough, but I do need to breathe. I've fucked up so badly, I don't know if he'll ever forgive me... the twins weren't bad, but they did treat me like a second option really often... I think I was just so aroused I was beyond thinking correctly.

"Cassandra!" I hear my lover's voice yell at me from behind.
I swing my legs back over the wall and face him, "Yes?"
"What the fuck are you doing? Get down from there, it's dangerous."
I look around and immediately get off, walking away from the edge, "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't going to jump, I promise. I was just really hot and wanted some fresh air."

"Just go back to bed."
"Please talk to me... I know I'm awful but I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you."
"Just be a submissive little mate and just do the house chores."
"Okay, I can do that."
Mikhail runs out onto the roof and I look between the two, confused. I back away.
"Cass, that's Ivan. He can shape shift," The new Mikhail explains softly.

Let Maxim shift.

I think to myself, knowing the real Mikhail can read my mind. Almost immediately the new Mikhail shifts into Maxim and I let out a shaky breath. Ivan goes back to his normal human shift. Maxim runs over to me and pulls me snuggly into his arms. He kisses the top of my head and breathes in as he buries his nose into my hair.

"Goddess you smell so good," He groans.
"Maxim, nice to see you again," Ivan snarls.
Maxim let's go of me and turns to face Ivan, "Go the fuck away."
"No. Not until that bitch pays."

A blue ball of fire appears in Maxim's hand and it fires at Ivan. Before Ivan can react, he goes flying over the edge. I gasp and try to run to the edge but Maxim holds me back. Ivan appears on the roof again. Kirill, Anton, and Nikolai, run out as well. All three of them have already shifted.
"Ivan, you've gone way to fucking far," Anton's warlock yells as the wind picks up.
"Nasyr, control it!" Maxim bites out.
The wind dies down.

So Nikolai's warlock is Nasyr. Who are the other two?

When I look back at Ivan, he's also shifted. Kirill's warlock throws a ball of black fire at Ivan's and it holds his arms down.
"Hey! I have no part in this idiots plan!" Ivan's warlock yells.

The other three warlocks walk over to Maxim and I, ignoring Ivan's warlock.
"I'm Alexei," Anton's warlock grins.
Kirill's warlock doesn't smile or anything, but I can see a twinkle of amusement in his eyes as he looks at me, "Kador."

"Iso!" Ivan's warlock yells from his place on the roof.
"Nasyr," Nikolai's shrugs, "But you already knew that."
I nod and stare at Iso, "You're hiding something."
The other warlocks look at me.
"You're dying," I whisper.
Iso falls silent.

"What do you mean? What does she mean?" Kador asks, getting protective.
Neither of us respond.
"Iso! Answer me!" Kador raises his voice.
"Ivan's been using my magic for dark magic... for a few months now. I've been trying to fight it but it just makes me weaker. It's consuming me. I can feel the darkness taking over."

"Shit," Alexei mumbles, "Why didn't you tell us sooner?!"
Kador releases his grip on Iso.
"He wouldn't let me shift. I had no choice but to endure it."
"How did he let you shift now?" Nasyr questions.
"You were all out, he had no choice if he wanted to survive."

"How do we reverse it?" Maxim chimes in.
"By killing Ivan. His body brings the magic in mine just stores it. If the main source is killed, it will leave my body."
"Kirill would never stand for that," Kador sighs.
"Nor would Anton or the others," Alexei grimaces.

"You have no attachment to him?" Maxim questions, "We all have a special bond with our human counterparts, how can you not?"
"He always ignored it, pushing me to the side until he needed me. So, when he was the one to bring dark magic in, it severed our bond so I could still have a chance to survive."
"Sorry to interrupt, are any of your humans listening?" I cut in.

"No," They all say in unison.
"Okay, continue."
"Then Ivan needs to take over so we can kill him. We'll just have to do it before we shift back," Maxim states.
"But what happens to you?" Alexei asks Iso.
"I live as a warlock forever with no human counterpart," He shrugs.