Chapter Fifty-Four

*Cassie's POV*
I'm laying in bed, by myself. I just spent my first night in Mikhail's house as not a captive. Last night a maid knocked on the wing door and then he came back to me saying he had work in the morning. It's not even six a.m. yet. I think he had some pent up frustrations last night because I can't feel the area between my legs. It was some great sex though...

I groan as I get up. I get my undergarments and shorts on but put one of his hoodie's on. I shuffle out of the bedroom and make some hot chocolate for myself. I walk around and find Mikhail's office, which he's not in. I sigh and leave the wing, looking for Mikhail. I come across Kirill first, "Kirill, do you know where Miky is?"

"He's in my office. We had a major problem come up and I need him and Nikolai's help. Sorry, princess," Kirill explains quickly, walking to his office.

I sigh and head back to Miky's wing. I throw on a t-shirt and then go outside. I find a perfect spot to start a garden. I lose track of time as I get the garden ready. I lean back and rest on my heels as I look at my progress. I suddenly get extremely hot and thirsty. I get up and stumble my way over to the side door. The cold air hits me and I let out a soft moan. I get to the kitchen and down a few glasses of water. Mikhail walks in and his face morphs into one of horror.

"Fuck, printsessa, what happened to you!?" He asks, horrified.
I roll my eyes, "I'm fine. I was working on a garden right outside and forgot to bring water with me. I got dehydrated and came in."
Miky narrows his eyes at me, "Were you by yourself?"
"Yeah...?"

"Why wouldn't you take Jason out with you? Or Magnus? Or Jace?"
"Because I was right outside?"
"You don't know this property. You don't know the people here. What if Anton or Ivan did something to hurt you? You can't just and walk around as you please, it's fucking dangerous."

"Wow I was just thinking to myself how this was my first night back here as a free person, but never mind. I guess I'm still just a captive, huh? You want me to go back to my room? Why not lock the door and post a guard while you're at it?"
His eyes flash red, "Maybe I should. If you aren't going to listen to me, I might just have to."
I scoff, "I thought I'd like it here more... guess I was wrong."

I turn on my heels and walk back to our bedroom with my head held high. I close and lock the door behind me before sitting on the bed, defeated.
"He has to be going through something. He has never acted like that before," I sigh, flopping back on the bed.

I get up and shower, getting changed into his sweats and one of his t-shirts. I make dinner for him and I. He doesn't come so I eat and put the left overs in the fridge. I want to go looking for him but he told me not to leave this wing... I sigh and go looking for him around the wing first. I knew I wouldn't find him so I shrug and leave the wing. Jason and Magnus are standing guard and I immediately slam the door shut and start crying.

"Cass? Cassie open the door!" Jason knocks on it.
I ignore them until I've calmed down. I finally open the door, with a red puffy face I'm sure.
"Cass..." Magnus says regretfully, "You're allowed to move about the house, Mikhail just wants us here in case Ivan or Anton try something."
I nod, "Sure. I'm going to bed... let Mikhail know, yeah?"

Magnus grins, "Sure. I'll go tell him right now."
Magnus walks away as I close the door. I get to our bedroom and crawl under the blanket. I glance at the clock and my eyes widen.
"It's already 10?! Jason and Magnus should not have to guard me so late..." I sigh.

I'm about to fall asleep when I feel the bed dip besides me. Mikhail's arm wraps around my waist and he buries his face in my hair. He breaths in and sighs, I feel his entire body just relax. I turn in his arms and let out a quiet moan.

His arms around me tighten, "I'm sorry, printsessa. We just got word that a few alpha's are planning on attacking our house and land and Kirill needed my help so I was stressed. I really shouldn't have taken it out on you though."
I hum, "Tomorrow," I mumble, all too tired.
He kisses the top of my head and I fall asleep.

*Mikhail's POV*
I felt so bad yelling at Cass like that. She really didn't deserve it. It takes me forever to fall asleep, and when I do, I wake up three hours later. Cassie's already straddling me, kissing my chest. She slowly, teasingly, starts rotating her hips on my cock. I groan and grip her hips, stopping them.

"Don't apologize. I came back up here and immediately thought something was causing you to stress. I knew that's not how you normally act, especially not towards me, so I brushed it off. I... I want to take some of your stress away today though. Or, this morning. Nikolai came by earlier and asked for you-"

I move her off of me and stand up in three seconds. I head to the closet as I hear her whimper.
"And asked for you to come by Kirill's office at like 1... we still have three hours," She finishes.

Ah shit. I should have let her finish... I'm just so anxious with this impending war...

I turn around and head back to her, "Sorry baby. Reflexes."
She smiles and nods, opening her arms for me. I lay down with my head on her chest. She starts massaging my back and I moan. She crawls out from under me and straddles my waist on my back. She starts really massaging my back. I put my arms under my head and start to fall asleep.
"Miky..." My printsessa softly whispers in my ear. I feel her leave butterfly kisses on the exposed side of my face. I slowly open my eyes to find her grinning at me.

"Get a good rest, sleeping beauty? You needed it though," She murmurs.
I nod my head, "What time is it?" I ask groggily.
She bites her lip and hesitates for a second.
"Cassie... what time is it?"
"One..."

I jump out of bed and change into fresher clothes. I come back out and kiss her forehead.
"I love you, I'll be back for dinner! Don't go outside without a guard and don't forget to drink plenty of water," I tell her, rushing.
"I love you too," She mumbles, "Valentin."
I freeze and spin around, "Don't compare me to them. This is one time."

She nods, "Sorry."
That dampened my mood quickly. I walk out of the room without saying anything more.