Chapter Sixty-Eight

*Mikhail's POV*
I'm on my right side. My right arm is wrapped around Cassie, from underneath her. My left arm is wrapped around her, from above. I flip over to my other side, taking her with me. She groans and tries prying my arms off. She fails, of course, until she slams her hand into the back of my hand. I quickly let go with a low growl of pain. She gets up and runs into the bathroom. I rub my hand and then slowly get up.

I rub my stomach, "Damn, I'm hungry."
I head over to the door and I'm about to leave when I hear Cassie call my name. I quickly whip around and hurry to the bathroom. Cassie's sitting on her knees in front of the toilet.
"Oh shit baby. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were throwing up," I quickly grab a wash cloth and get it wet.

I go to my nightstand and grab my glass of water. I walk back into the bathroom and hold her hair back for her. I rub her back until she finishes.
"It's okay baby, you're doing so great," I murmur.
She dry heaves once and then falls into me. I gentle wipe her mouth. I hold the glass to her lips and she takes a little, swishing it around her mouth and then spitting it out in the toilet. She does that a few more times before she starts drinking it.

"Do you feel sick?" I ask, putting the back of my hand to her forehead, "Or could you be pregnant?"
"The second one..." She whispers.
"Alright, why don't you stay in bed while I run out to the store?"

She nods. I hear a knock on our wing door so I carry her to the bed. I quick flush the toilet and then head out. I open the door and dad's standing there.
"Shit I forgot you were coming over today," I run a hand through my hair as I move out of the way for him.

He walks in and puts a grocery bag on my kitchen counter, "I wasn't about to miss your 27th. Where's Cassie?"
"She's not feeling too well. I was just about to run out and get her some medicine."
"Oh, I can do it."
"It's fine, dad, I got it."

"It's your birthday. You shouldn't have to leave the house. Especially to take care of someone else. It's always been a tradition here, Mikhail."
"She's my mate, father, I'll take care of her always."
"And I'm so proud of you, but everyone deserves a break. If you're sick on her birthday, I'm going to tell her the same thing."
"It's okay, I can run out," My little minx says, walking out.

I turn around to see her smiling at us. She walks into my arms and waves at dad. I look down at her confused, normally she jumps into his arms.

*Cassie's POV*
I know I should have hugged Lev, but I got anxious. I just wanted to be in Miky's arms.
"I'll be back soon!" I smile, grabbing my purse and Miky's keys.
I leave for the store. I grab a few tests and then head home. I'm passing the main kitchen when I hear those maids again.

"I went in to master Mikhail's wing to clean this morning and I heard them saying she might be pregnant," One says seriously.
"No way!" Another sounds surprised.
"I wonder how master Mikhail will take it when he finds out it could be master Lev's?" The third questions.

"Oh! I didn't even think about that. I feel bad for him," The second one sighs.
"Maybe they'll kick her out sooner," The first one giggles.
"And poor master Mikhail. He's going to have to find out on his birthday," The third one states, "Maybe I'd have a chance then."
The girls all giggle as Lev and Mikhail walk around the corner. I immediately walk towards them as if I just got home.

"Is that what last night was about?" Miky asks me, looking between me and the kitchen entrance.
"What?" I ask, trying to keep my voice even.
"Those maids. Are they why you left early last night?"
"None of its true!" I quickly defend, "I-I've just never had a-"

"Malen'kiy, we know it's not true," Lev explains.
"We heard you pull in but then you didn't come up right away so we came down to look for you and we heard their conversation and here we are," Miky comes over and hugs me.
I bury myself in the comfort of his warmth. Lev walks past us and into the kitchen. Miky takes my hand and we follow him in.

"You three are fired. As of right now," Lev commands them.
They all flinch and keep their heads lowered.
"W-Why, master Lev?" One of them asks, bravely.
"For speaking badly about my daughter-in-law."
"I-It's true! I heard her talking to her friend about it all!" Another one speaks up.

"Get out of this fucking house right now and never show your face here again. If I ever see you near this house or any of its residents again, I won't hesitate to fucking kill you," Lev says with so much authority that I snuggle a little deeper into Miky.

Miky chuckles and wraps his arm around my waist, holding me against him. The girls quickly run out of the house.
Lev turns to us with a grin that stretches from ear to ear, "Pregnant, huh?"
I blush crimson and Miky puffs his chest out a little.

"Hopefully," Miky says proudly.
"Is that why you needed to be the one to go to the store?"
"Yup."
"Happy 27th by the way," I smile up at him and put my hand on the opposite side of his face, turning it towards me and kissing him.
He smiles against my lips and slowly pulls away.
"You won't be far behind, right malen'kiy? Two, maybe three years?" Lev doesn't stop smiling.
Mikhail face palms, "Dad, she's 18."

"Oh... yeah I knew that. Ignoring that-"
"Because you're an old man who's losing his memory?"
I turn my head into Miky's side and giggle.
"Ha-ha. What do you want to do today, birthday boy?"
"Mikhail!" Anton yells, running down the steps.
Nikolai follows him, "Birthday boy!"
"Mik!" Iso runs in.
"Ivanov jr jr jr jr jr," Kirill smirks as he walks in behind his brothers.

Mikhail rolls his eyes, "We have to continue this stupid tradition? I think I shouldn't have to spend the whole day with you guys now that I have my mate."
"Oh she'll just come along. We need a DD anyways," Lev chuckles at all his sons.
"No," Miky growls right away.

He puts me behind him in a protective way.
"Woah, man, chill. We were kidding," Anton holds his arms up in a surrendering way.
I poke his arm and he turns to look at me, "You should go out with your family."
"First, our family. Second, I can't leave you."
"I'll be fine. I'll text you as soon as I know, okay?"
"I want to be here for it though..."

I giggle, "Okay then we'll do it tonight. Go have fun."
"Wait, do what tonight?" Nikolai looks between us.
"Cassie might be pregnant," Lev says proudly.
The brothers all hoot and holler. I roll my eyes but smile.

I already know how this pregnancy is going to end. I have this gut feeling.