Chapter Eighteen

*Cassie's POV*
"I guess... or he really thinks I'm fat," I sigh, walking into the water.
"Cassie, you aren't fat. I promise," Jason grins.
I smile, "Okay... I guess..."
Jason grabs me and holds me against his body, turning us like he's protecting me from something. It doesn't take him long to let me go.
"You good?" I raise an eyebrow.
He gets a football and throws it towards that group of kids again.

"Dickheads," He mutters under his breath.
Suddenly he's being shoved. Volkov's walking towards him, pissed. I grab his arm and stop him. "What are you doing?!" I ask putting my hand on his chest, the other still resting on his upper arm.
"He had his hands all over you!" He yells.
"I was doing my job!" Jason yells back, "Those kids were about to hit her with a football, what was I supposed to do? Let it hit her?!"
"Yes!"

I take my hands back and start walking back. Vee grabs my wrist and pulls me back to him. He turns my body around so we're chest to chest.
"I didn't mean it like that. You know that. I just... I opened my eyes and there he was, holding you nice and close," Volkov explains.
I sigh, "I know Volkov."

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing... I was just feeling insecure, but you've made it go away."
"How?"
"Surprisingly by being possessive. By coming out here because someone else was touching me."
He nods and kisses my forehead.
I smile, "Anyways, you should go back to sleeping. Probably reapply sunscreen."
"Reapply with me?"
I roll my eyes but grin, "Okay."

*Volkov's POV*
We're on the plane headed home, it's really late. Cass is laying on top of me, sleeping. Jason is sitting in the chair across the plane from us. His chair is facing a table but it's also facing us if he turns his head.
"Boss? Where do you want me to take her when we land?" Jason looks up from his phone at me.
I sigh, "She'll come home with me."
"Won't she be in danger?"

"Yes, but I want her with us."
"What if she doesn't want to be in danger? Shouldn't this be her decision?"
I run a hand down my face, "Yes..."
I end up falling asleep as well. I wake up but Cassie is still asleep. She wakes up a few minutes later. She lifts her head to look at me, smiling
"Good morning baby," I grin, pushing some hair behind her ear.
"Morning? Are we about to land?" She asks groggily.

I nod. She gets off of me, grinning. She grabs her things and patiently waits, watching out the window. I feel us touched down and she looks over at me.
"What are you doing?" She asks.
"Laying here?" I look at her confused.
"You gotta get ready so we can get off as soon as possible!"
I chuckle, "Okay okay."

I grab my things and then we wait.
"Jason!" Cassie whispers yells.
He doesn't respond and I look over at him, he's asleep.
"Jason!" Cassie calls louder.
She frowns and gets up. She walks over to him and leans down. She whispers something and Jason bolts up, glaring at Cass. She giggles and sits back down next to me.

"What'd you tell him?" I ask her, holding her against me.
"That some girl just flashed her titties," Cassie smirks, "I figured it'd get any guys attention.
I laugh and hold a hand over my heart, fake offense, "Ouch."
"Oh please. That wouldn't wake you up?"
"Only if it was you."
She glances at Jason, a smug look on her face. I look at her skeptically, "Who was the girl?"
"Me."

I glare daggers at Jason and he shrugs, "You said so yourself, if she said flashed her tits you'd wake up. I was in a deep sleep man."
"Does Magnus think the same thing?"
"Oh come on. You know he thinks more innocently."
"Out loud anyways," Cassie mumbles.
Both of us look at her.
"What do you mean?" I ask her, rubbing her back.

"He might look nice and act sweet, but there's no way that man's thoughts are innocent. I'll prove it to you."
We're finally told we can get off. Cassie grins, grabs her bag, and walks off first.
"How do you plan on doing that?" Jason asks from behind me.
"Simple, I'll ask him," She smirks.

She's so focused on walking down the stairs she doesn't even notice Valentin and Magnus standing there, waiting. We get on solid ground and Cassie still doesn't notice. She's staring at the ground, as she walks, lost in thought. She finally looks up and grins.
"Val!!" She exclaims, running over to him and jumping on him.
He catches her with ease. He gently sets her down and looks her over.

"Are you starving yourself?" He asks her, a worried expression on his face.
I watch Jason's body stiffen.
"What? I've been with her the entire time," I defend, "Of course she isn't. I just watched her eat..." I think back to our vacation and realize I don't actually know when she last ate.
"No, of course not. I just ate before getting on the plane," She smiles and looks around nervously.
Valentin frowns, "Liar."
"Anyways, can we go home?"

"Not until you tell me why you're starving yourself."
She sighs, "Can we start our drive home?"
"Fine."
We grab our bags and get to the limo. We throw our bags in and then get in. She snuggles into Valentin but still holds my hand close to her.
"We were at the beach and a group of people get calling me things..." She starts once the car moves, "And I just didn't feel comfortable in my bathing suit anymore... and I've had this bathing suit for a while, it's my favorite, I always feel great in it. So anyways, I got really self conscious and that's why I wasn't eating as much."
Jason frowns.

"You wanna add something?" I ask him.
He looks between me and Cass then back at me, "It's your fault actually," He shrugs.
Cassie's head shoots up and she moves over to him. She slaps her hand over his mouth and glares at him. She ends up sitting between him and Magnus the rest of the ride. She's constantly glaring at him. Her legs are crossed and her arms are crossed. She's slightly aimed more at Magnus but she can still easily see Jason. He crosses his arms and faces slightly away from her, mocking her.

"I fucking hate you," She spits with so much disgust that we're all caught off guard. Jason's mocking quickly wares off, shocked.
"Sorry Cass," He murmurs before going silent.
She sighs and drops her posture. She comes back over between Val and I.
"It's okay. I know you meant no harm," She smiles at him and takes his hand, giving it a little squeeze, "I'm sorry for my attitude too... I had no right being so mean."

Jason grins, "We're even."
"Great. Now can you tell me why the hell it's my fault?" I ask, annoyed it's my fault.
"You asked her to cover up right after they called her fat. Oh and your tone of voice was not the nicest."
Cassie stares at her lap, eyes wide and full of fear.
"Seriously Cassandra? This is my fault? I thought you got over being sensitive," I roll my eyes.
I don't bother looking at her the rest of the way home.