Chapter Five

*Valentin's POV*
"Baby?" I ask, "C'mon, don't be mad."
She quickly blinks, "Yes sir."
"Aw baby, that wasn't him forcing you not to be mad. You're more than welcome to have emotions... we didn't mean to make you mad."
We swim over to either side of her, resting lightly on her raft.

"I'm not mad... I'm sorry for being a bitch... I'm so attention seeking..." She says covering her face and laying back on her raft.
"You're not attention seeking. You went from our attention all day everyday for a week to basically zero attention all day for two days," Volkov smiles.
She looks at him skeptically so he pulls her in, going underwater. She comes up and playfully smacks his shoulder.

*Cassie's POV*
"Rude!" I giggle, playfully smacking his shoulder.
He grabs me and throws me to Valentin who throws me into the deep end. I can't hide my grin. I get out and walk onto the diving board. I dive in, towards Valentin. Volkov grabs a ball and we play monkey in the middle, with me starting in the middle.

"This isn't fair!" I laugh as I jump to get the ball.
I skim it but can't grab it. Valentin has it now so I swim over to Volkov. I climb onto his shoulders and catch the ball before he does. I lean down and kiss him with a smirk.

"Thanks for the assist!" I giggle, pulling away.
He grabs my sides and flips me forward. I come up and laugh. Valentin goes in the middle and I throw it to Volkov after swimming to Valentin's side. Valentin gets it off of one of Volkov's throws. Volkov swims over to me and stands in front of me. He grabs me and holds me on one hip as Valentin throws it. Volkov catches it one handed.

"Um, bosses, we got a problem," Jason, one of their men comes out to tell us.
"What problem? They can't have a problem... we were having fun..." I mumble, pulling myself off of Volkov.
"What's the problem, Jay?" Valentin swims over to us.

"We found your man who broke in..." He fidgets.
"Who is it?" Volkov demands.
"I don't think I should say in front of the lady."
"Who. Is. It?" Valentin demands this time.
"Daniel Vilseas sir."
Their heads snap to me.

"Did you let him in?! Make this whole fucking thing up?!" Volkov reaches for me.
I quickly back up, being in the shallow end, "No! As much as I love my brother, I wouldn't dare defy you guys!"
"Then why the fuck would he break in?! I get his "precious" little sister is here, but even he's not dumb enough to break into our house. You helped him somehow!"
"I-I didn't! Volkov, please believe me! I didn't know it was him!"

"Stop fucking lying!" He grabs my wrist and drags me out.
He wraps a towel around me and walks me upstairs. He shoves me into his room because my clothes are there. I stumble and almost fall but catch myself. He slams the door shut and I hear him walk away. I grab some clothes and get in the shower, sobbing. I get out and get dressed. When I walk back into the bedroom, Valentin is sitting on the bed. I quickly run over to him and throw my arms around his neck. I sit on his lap, straddling him.

"It wasn't me! I promise Val!" I cry into his shoulder, soaking his shirt.
He doesn't touch me. He doesn't speak. I barely feel him breathing. I pull away and look at him. He doesn't look at me.
I get off and back away, "You... you don't believe me?"
He doesn't answer.
"Call Daniel! Ask him!" I beg him.
He walks out and I follow him into their office. Volkov is already in there.

"Call him," Volkov tells me.
I walk over, no hesitation, and put Danny's number in. Volkov puts his phone on speaker phone. I go back to the middle of the room, standing, waiting.
"Hello? Who is this?" Daniel's voice comes through on the second ring.
"Hello Daniel. We found out you broke into our house last night. Did Cassandra tell you to? Did she let you in?" Volkov has no emotion in his voice.

Daniel takes a deep breath, "Yes."
My heart shatters. I collapse onto the ground. I put my head in my hands and just cry.
"You better have our fucking money. You're getting your sister back today," Volkov hangs up.
I suddenly look up, "Wait! Wait! Go through my phone! You'll see no recent texts or calls with Danny!! Please!"

I run out of the room and grab my phone. I quickly run back in and hand it to Volkov. He puts the password in no problem. Valentin walks over and looks over his brothers shoulder. I watch what they're doing from the other side of the desk. They check my recent messages and it's just them. They check calls and again, it's just them. I have two calculator apps and my eyes widen.

"Shit..." I mumble quietly.
They look at me and I blush deeply. Volkov opens the one and tries the date we all met at the diner. It works. There's only one folder and it says "Volkov and Valentin."
"Wait! Wait a second... it has your names on it, so clearly it's not what you're looking for! You- you don't have to open it!"

Volkov opens it anyways and it's a bunch of pictures. Of me. Naked. I turn red all over my body, embarrassed to the bone. I watch them both lick their lips. They look at me at the exact same time. If it's possible, I think I turn even more red. Volkov sends them to himself and Valentin. I snatch back my phone and delete the pictures. I put the phone back on the desk and grab Volkov's.

I run over to Val's desk and grab his too. I go to unlock Volkov's and realize I don't know the password. The entire time they're just watching me. I look at Val's and don't know his either. I feel my heart sink to my stomach. I put the phones on the nearest desk, Val's, and walk out of the office. I head downstairs and make myself a quick snack. I hear the guys walk in and then I feel them behind me, next to me.

"Baby," Volkov coos.
"Hm?" I hum, trying to stay positive.
"Look at us baby."
I turn around and put on a grin, "Yeah?"
"You know why we can't let you on our phones, right?"
"Of course!"
"Then you know it has nothing to do with you, right?"
"Yeah!"

I turn back around and let my smile disappear. I start eating my snack when I turn around to face them again.
"You guys want some? I'm not as hungry as I thought. I'm gonna head to bed though... um, who's room?"
"Mine," Valentin smiles.

I nod and put the plate down, going upstairs. I change into one of Val's shirts, only in that and my underwear now. I lay down, utterly exhausted. I don't even realize I'm on Valentin's side.

Why don't they trust me yet? I... I guess I did sneak out... I'm such an idiot!

I eventually fall asleep only to wake up to Valentin making a ruckus. I sit up and rub my eyes. I look around the dark room and then see him in his closet, light on.
"Val?" I ask, barely awake.
He turns the light off and walks out, "Hey baby."
I look around and then move over, "What time is it?"

"Like 12," He walks into the bathroom.
I nod, "What were you doing this whole time?"
"Work."
"Wow... you guys must have been really busy," I yawn.
"Yeah."

"Will you be this busy tomorrow too?"
He walks out, hitting the lights, "Mhm."
He lays down and almost instantly falls asleep. I frown and get up. I sneak into Volkov's room and see he's in his closet. I quietly get on the bed and wait for him. He walks out as Valentin walks in.
"Damnit Cass, can't you just stay where you're told?" Valentin mumbles as he walks over.

He picks me up with one arm, putting me on the ground on my feet, and then we walk back to his room. I look at Volkov for help but he just smiles. Valentin walks into his room and locks the door. He lays on the bed and covers us. He falls asleep quickly again. I eventually fall asleep. He's already awake in the morning.
"Morning baby. Are you hungry?" He asks playing with my hair.

"Mmm yes..." I mumble leaning into his touch.
He kisses the top of my head and gets up. I'm about to follow but remember last night. I just stay put, sitting up and leaning against the headboard. I hold the comfort up to my chest and wait.
Volkov peaks his head in, "What are you doing? Valentin told me you're hungry."

"I am... but I was told to stay here," I smile.
Volkov laughs, "You really take everything we say seriously."
"Aren't I supposed to?"
"Come on, let's go downstairs and get something to eat."
I slowly get up and walk over to him.