Chapter Fourty-Nine

*Mikhail's POV*
I back my car into a spot and then kill the engine, "Ready printsessa?"
She takes in a shaky breath, "Yeah..."
I get out and go around to her door, opening it for her and offering my hand. She eagerly takes it. We walk in and I see my father is already here. It's no surprise, he's always early. I try to let go of Cassie's hand to put it on her back, but she just squeezes my hand tighter. We get to the table and I smile. My dad stands up and hugs me.
"You're gorgeous," My father smiles down at Cass.

She blushes, "T-Thank you, Mr. Ivanov."
"Please, call me Lev."
She nods and we sit down.
"How did this come to be?" My father asks, looking at Cass.
She has a confused look on her face.
"He means how we met, printsessa," I smile at her.
I put my hand on her thigh and start rubbing it up and down.

"U-Um... I don't remember, honestly," She blushes.
Dad glares at me, "Very well. Mikhail's been treating you well?"
"Oh yes, very well," She grins.
"Have you met Maxim yet?"
She nods, "I have. Only recently, but I have."
"Good, good."
"Um... I kind of forgot about it, but who's Ivan? He said he was Mikhail's father but he looks nothing like you, and he was rude," She mumbles, glancing at me.

I can't help but throw my head back and laugh, remembering that day well. She blushes and my father looks at us confused.
"Ivan threatened me so I left her in the middle of the night. She came the next day and told me to get on my knees and beg for her forgiveness. She also held a gun towards Ivan."

*Cassie's POV*
Miky's father leans back in his chair, pleased with the story so far.
"So, I got on my knees and begged for her forgiveness. I did, thankfully, get the gun away from her too. She was so gorgeous. So confident. I think I fell in love with her all over again," Miky smiles, proudly.

"That is truly remarkable, little one," Lev grins at me, "Ivan used to work for me but then betrayed me so I fired him and he's been trying to get back at me ever since. He probably said he was Mikhail's father so you didn't find out who he was."
I nod and then blush, "T-Thank you, sir."
I glance over at Miky to see Maxim has taken over. I look back at Lev and he's changed as well. It must be his warlock.

"Malen'kiy, my name is Leon. I am Lev's warlock," Leon grins.
I can't help but smile as well.
"What a gorgeous mate, Maxim."
"Isn't she, father?" Maxim brags.
"So, witch or fairy?"
My smile falters along with Maxim's.
"We don't know yet," Maxim recovers quickly.
"You haven't mated? Aren't you moving back in with your brothers soon? Malen'kiy, it'd do you well to mate before then."

"Do not push her, father, she simply isn't ready. I will keep her by my side the entire time we live at Icor unmated."
"Icor?" I look at Maxim, questioningly.
"It is the name of our mansion, little bunny," Maxim explains, gently.
When I turn back to Leon, Lev is back, "You haven't finished mating?"
"I was nervous. A lot was going on..." I blush.
"Very well, malen'kiy. Maxim, you are out of place."

Maxim huffs, "I never get to see my little bunny in my shift."
"You'll have to save it for later. Perhaps for when you mate."
Maxim glares at him but let's Mikhail take over.
"Um... you just shift in public?"
"It's a supernatural restaurant," Miky smiles, pulling my chair closer to him. He rests his hand on my thigh.

I glance around and become anxious, "Do they know I'm human?" I whisper.
"Oh yes, malen'kiy, they know," Lev smiles, kindly.
I play with my hands in my lap, suddenly feeling very out of place, "Maybe Maxim wasn't the only one out of place..."
"Now now, little one, don't speak like that. You're here with the warlock king and fifth prince, you fit in plenty. They know you are human, but they also know you are Mikhail's mate and you belong here," Lev corrects me quickly.
I look at him, "Okay..."

"Are you hungry?"
"Not that much," I giggle, "I've been much too nervous to meet you to think about eating."
Lev chuckles, "Okay. Why don't you two go home and I'll help you move tomorrow?"
"That sounds wonderful!"
"Thanks dad, see you tomorrow."
Miky gets up and takes my hand. We walk back out to his car and get in. He starts it but we just sit there.

"What did you think of my father? Please be honest," He looks at me, pleading heavily with his eyes.
I cup his face and give him a gentle kiss, "I loved him. Leon, too. He seems so friendly and caring. I wish I had that growing up. I'm um... I'm happy him and I are going to be family."
He looks so relieved, a huge smile stretching across his entire face. 

*Mikhail's POV*
I'm fucking anxious for her answer. If she doesn't like my dad, I don't know what I'll do. He's been so amazing my entire life. It will be so hard if I have to choose
Cassie cups my face and gives me a gentle kiss, "I loved him. Leon, too. He seems so friendly and caring. I wish I had that growing up. I'm um... I'm happy him and I are going to be family."

I grin, so fucking relieved, "Oh fuck. Thank you. It means so much to me that you like him."
"How could I not? I'm not very... independent or mentally tough, and he treats me so gently. I hate how weak I can be, but at the same time it's hard to get out of this spot. It comes in bursts and that's it... but, he accepts that and makes me feel loved. I had Danny's love, but Lev's feels like a father... something I didn't know I needed so desperately. I'm so happy."
"I'm so happy you're so happy."