Chapter Twenty-Four

*Valentin's POV*
"Val?" Cassie asks quietly.
I look up from my work, "Yeah baby?"
"Can I go to the store?"
I frown, "Why?"
"Um, I'm out of pads and panty liners. Plus there's a few more things I want to get."
"You wanna wait for Vee to get home?" I get my truck keys from my pocket.

"Not really..." She smiles sheepishly.
I chuckle, "Okay baby."
Jason, Magnus, Nick, Vee, and I have either Jeep Wranglers or pick up trucks. Cass doesn't know how to drive stick and Jason's truck is in the shop. I love my truck with everything. It was the first thing I bought after I moved out and had enough to get it. It's an all blacked out Ram 2500. Might not sound like much, but it means a lot to me.

I hand her the keys and she kisses my cheek. I watch her leave and then I get back to work. The stores only 15 minutes away and it's been an hour and 15 minutes. The four guys are out on a mission so I can't have them look for Cass. I'm about to call her when she calls me.
"Hey baby, having a good time? You've been gone for a while," I speak first.
"V-Val... I-I got into an accident..." She's hysterical, "I was driving when this car came flying towards me. I tried avoiding it but it was too late! Your truck is-"

"Are you okay?!" I ask, panicked.
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry! Your truck is-"
"Cassie! Are. You. Okay?"
"The truck has to be totaled! I know it meant a lot to you," She's crying so hard I can't tell if she's hurt or not.
"Cassandra!" I raise my voice, "Forget about the truck. Are. You. Okay?"
"Y-Yes, I'm fine... but I totally destroyed your truck! I'll pay you back! I'll get a few jobs and pay you back! I promise, Val..."

"Ma'am, can we ask you a few questions?" I hear a man's voice in the background.
Cassie sends me a FaceTime call, "C-Can I stay on the p-phone?"
"Of course."
I accept the call and see my little villains face soaked in tears. I get a driver and text Volkov. I get to the scene, still on FaceTime, while Cassie answers the questions. She spots me and runs over to me, jumping into my arms.

"I've got you, baby, it's okay," I whisper into her ear.
I gently set her down as the cop walks over, "Just a few more questions ma'am."
"Of course, sorry," She smiles.
I gently pat her back and walk over to my truck. I make sure I stay in her line of sight. I run a hand through my hair.

Damn. It's gone. Just like that.

I open the driver side door and pull out a picture of my brother and I next to the truck. Cliché, I know, but we finally felt free when I bought this. I could finally, properly, save him from that hell hole. I don't know when but Cass came over. I don't notice as I stare at the picture, lost in thought. I turn around and she's quietly standing there with her head down.

"I should have waited," She barely lifts her head as she says it.
An EMT walks over, "Ma'am can we check you?"
"Sure," She follows him away.
I run a hand through my hair.

Fuck. I love Cass, so fucking much, but damn does this hurt. I worked my fucking ass off for this car. Now I have the money to buy another one, but it will never be the same. As long as she's okay.

She finishes her check up and we head home. She goes straight to her room to take a shower and probably calm down. I can tell she's still shaken up. I head back to my office and start working again when Volkov walks in.
"Hey man, how was the mission?" I turn my chair to face him when he sits at his desk.

"Successful. Where's your truck?" He starts looking at his paperwork.
"Totaled."
"What? Are you okay? What happened?"
"Actually, I let Cass go to the store with it."
"Is she okay?"
"Yeah, she's fine."
"So... the car you worked your ass off for nine years ago is gone? Easy as that?"

"Yup."
"Damn. That fucking sucks. I'm surprised you let Cass take it."
"Yeah, me too."
"Was it her fault? How many cars were involved?"
"From what she told me, it wasn't her fault. Two cars."

"So, what are you going to do?"
"Get a new one I guess. I know I've had that truck for nine years, but it was in pristine shape. Not a thing was wrong with it. I wasn't expecting to have to get a new car so soon."

"Yeah, I mean, fuck. I'll be careful with what I do with my truck and who I let take it out."
"Yeah, I'll be doing that with my next truck."
Cassie walks in with a small smile. She walks over to me and straddles me. I smile at where I hope this is going. She kisses my neck and starts grinding on me.

She undoes my belt and moves her panties out of the way. She sinks onto my hard dick and doesn't bother to stop to adjust. She just starts riding me. She gently nips my neck but soon starts to get a little harder. I feel something hot and wet on my neck. It takes everything in me to push her back a little so I can see her face. She has tears streaming down her face and she's biting her bottom lip so hard I can see blood starting to drip.

"Baby..." I pull her into me again and hug her. I carefully remove myself from her and redo myself with one hand. She's shaking and crying and showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon, "Baby, I'm not mad."

"Yes y-you are. Y-You're d-disappointed..." She stutters out, forcing herself to stop crying.
"Sure, but it's not because of you."
"'...I'm surprised you let Cass take it.' 'Yeah, me too.'" She quotes us and I realize she heard our entire conversation. That's why she came in here and started pleasuring me. She's trying to make up and she thinks the only way is to use her body. She continues, "'I'll be careful with what I do with my truck and who I let take it out.' 'Yeah, I'll be doing that with my next truck.' It couldn't be more obvious that you're mad, or at least disappointed in me. No need to lie."

She starts to unbuckle my belt again but I stop her, "Fine, I'm disappointed. Fucking pissed, but you do not use your body to make up for it, got it? You are worth so much more than that."
"My worth just went down," She reaches for my belt but again, I stop her.
"As much as I'd love to relieve my fucking boner right now, you won't do it with your body. Your worth hasn't gone down at all just because you got into an accident."

"It should have. That truck meant more to you than anything in this world... I totaled it my first time driving it. I don't think you guys could have picked a worse girlfriend if you tried. Aria, Charlotte, fucking Claire would have been better. I just cause you guys more stress. How can you not hate me?"

"Don't mention those names again," I growl, "There's nothing to hate about you. You're willing to give me your living body over something that's not alive. You care so fucking much. How can I hate that?"
She kisses me. She pulls away with a small giggle, "Um... I'm going to need you to fuck me though. I got myself so aroused in the shower, thinking of you and my failed plan..."
I smirk, "Good because it's starting to hurt."