Chapter Sixty-Six

*Cassie's POV*
I just woke up. Mikhail left me a note saying he had to go help Kirill with something urgent and he'd be back by lunch time. I smile and slowly get out of bed and get dressed. I get a call and answer it without checking the caller ID.
"Hello?" I question.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" It's a guys voice, it's really low I almost can't hear it.
"What? Who is this?"
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
Someone knocks on the front door and I roll my eyes.

I'm just going to send Miky a quick text. I feel like I'm in a horror movie or something.

I hang up and text Miky, telling him what's happened. I go answer the door when they continue to knock with no answer. I answer it and it's a tall, buff man in black pants and a black hoodie. The hood is pulled up and it casts shadows on his face so I can't see his face clearly.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks with the same voice as the caller.

I frown and furrow my eyebrows, "Why? So you can take me out?"
"That's a possibility."
"Yes I do."
"Are you sure?"
That just confuses me more, "Wh-"

I'm about to question it when I feel Miky walk up behind me. I don't have to see it to know we're a funny sight. I'm 5'1 and he's towering over me at 6'3. He rests his hands on my waist and presses his body to my back. He turns us around and hits the man across his face with the back of his hand.

The man grunts and lunges at Miky. Miky easily dodges it and twists the man's arm until it snaps. He grunts again but then his arms magically heals. My eyes widen and before I can register what happens, someone grabs me around the waist and starts running away from the house.

*Mikhail's POV*
That motherfucker is running away with my mate. My love. My life. Does he think he's going to get away with this? I'm going to lock him in the basement along with Killian and torture him. I appear in front of him and he slams into me. He drops my printsessa and I grab him by the neck.

Jace and Magnus run over to me while Jason helps Cass up. I lift him off the ground as his hands go to my wrist and hand. He tries prying my fingers away but I don't let him. I throw him towards Magnus and Jace.

"Put him in the same room as Killian," I growl.
I feel someone grab my hand but I snatch it away. I quickly turn around and Cassie runs into my chest. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pull away. Thank you for calming me down," I smile against the top of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mikhail, it's tonight," Anton walks into my office.
"What?" I look up at him, confused.
"The meeting of clans. And it's here."
"Fuck! What are you and the others doing?"
"Using the maids like usual."
"So I have," I look at my computer to check the time, "An hour to explain all this to Cass and make sure she's ready?"
"Sounds about right."

"Hmm... well I'm changing it up a little."
"Don't get us in trouble."
"Never, just myself."
Anton shakes his head and walks out. I shut my computer off and head to my room. Cassie's asleep on the bed. She's been sleeping a lot during the day lately. I took a lunch break and spent all of it with her so that could be why. I gently pull the covers back and smile. Her shoulders and breasts are covered in my hickeys.

Her stomach has a few as well as the insides of her thighs. I gently run my fingers down her stomach and play with the hair right above her pussy. I love seeing it. It always makes me so happy. It makes me feel like she can trust me and I don't make her insecure. She has rarely if ever shaved it while she's been with just me and I adore it. I hate the smut books she used to read when they said the girl shaved.

I want to see my natural printsessa in all her glory. Everything that makes her a woman. My woman, but a woman nonetheless. She doesn't even have to shave her legs or other places if she doesn't want to, I don't, so I could never blame her. She hates having hair in certain places but she also hates shaving so half the time I do it for her anyways. I lean down and gently leave kisses on her neck, traveling up her jaw, and ending on her lips. Her eyes flutter open and she blushes.
"Hi," She whispers.

"Hi baby," I kiss her cheek and then get off of her, sitting on the edge of the bed next to her, with my hand still on her stomach, "I have something to tell you."
"Mmm, okay."

"The big important supernatural people are coming over here in about an hour... the ones involved in the mafia and what not... and we need to be good hosts. Normally, the man's mate or chosen woman, greets and serves everyone else.

She's meant to be quiet and submissive and treated like an object... some men even have them do a not-so-appropriate dance for his guests... but I'm changing that. Well, I don't know if it'll change anything, but I'm not following those traditions. I want you to dress in your nicest dress and I'm going to show them how a good, healthy relationship works.

I'm going to make sure they respect you as much as they respect me, okay? Is that okay? You are always welcome to stay up here too."
She stares at me for a few seconds, processing. She slowly nods her head, "Okay... I'd love to come down and be apart of it... would it just be easier if I was submissive though?"

"What? Fuck no. I will demand their respect for you or they will no longer be welcome here."
She blushes, "Okay..."
I smile, "Are you pregnant?"
Her eyes widen, "I don't know... I don't have a test so I haven't been able to take one yet. I was planning on just going straight to your family doctor..."

"Okay, we can figure it out together after tonight?"
"That sounds perfect. Now scram, I have less than an hour to get ready for a fancy dinner."
I chuckle, kiss her one more time, and leave. About 30 minutes later, five minutes before people start showing up, I head back to the room. She's finishing up her makeup while I change into a nicer suit. She helps me with my tie and pocket square. She straightens me out and then the first knock on the door comes. We walk down together.

"It's normally the mate's responsibility, alone, to answer and greet the guests, but that's not how we do shit here," I whisper in her ear.
"Are your brothers and father involved?" She looks up at me.
I nod, "Yes, and as much as they never want to find their mates, they don't agree with any of this either. They have never participated in the after events either."