Part 5

You placed your fork down, looking at the billionaire in front of you, only to find his gaze already on you

You placed your fork down, looking at the billionaire in front of you, only to find his gaze already on you. You raised an eyebrow at him, leaning back into the chair.

"Alright." Tony spoke, breaking the awkward silence that surrounded you ever since you sat down in the restaurant. You even took your phone to text Nicky, unable to think of what you could talk about with the man. And then, Sofia saw you were active on your phone and you could almost hear her scream at you to get off your phone over the message.

You leaned forward, interested in what he'll say.

"I've been asked about you at the airport. Why don't we use this lunch and find out something about each other?" He asked. "Just in case we're asked."

"Alright." You shrugged. "Let's start with you. Full name and age."

"Anthony Edward Stark. 42. Your turn. When was the last time you had a normal meal?"He looked down at your salad.

"Aren't you going to ask me what my full name-"

"I already know your full name and age." He said. "Are you going to answer my question?"

You looked at him, tilting your head."If you're about to make a sexist comment, I won't hesitate on breaking this deal off."

"Of course not." Tony said. "I'm concerned about you. I was told you spend too much time working out. I don't know who told you you need to lose weight, but they were wrong. You look... " He bit on his tongue when he realized he almost complimented you."You look good already."

"I have normal meals." You chuckled.

Tony nodded, although he still wasn't convinced. "Okay. Your turn."

"Your nationality?"

"My dad was American, and my mom was from Mexico."

You noticed how he used past tense when he mentioned his parents. "Did something happen to your parents?"

"My turn." He interrupted you. "Tell me about your family."

"My parents live in Miami. I have two sisters and two brothers." You said."Nicky is also like family. We've been friends for years. My turn. What happened with your ex-wife?"

"You just don't play around, do you?"He leaned forward on the table."Alright. What do you want to know?"

"Let's start by her name."

"Cassie." He said.

"How long were you together? When did you get divorced?"You asked, taking another bite of the salad.

"We were together for a year before I proposed to her. Then, we were married for another two years. We separated months ago, but the divorce was finalized a few days ago." He replied.

"Why?"

"She couldn't handle everything, I guess. My job, the Avengers... I have to admit, I didn't exactly try either. But over time, I found comfort in the garage, instead of her." He said, making you tsk. "Who is Chase?"

You almost choked when you heard his name. "Alright, that's fair. He's my ex."

"How long?"

"Close to seven years." You said.

"Why did you-"

"I found him in bed with another girl." You looked up at him. "His assistant he told me not to worry about. They were together in our home and our bed."

"I'm sorry." Tony said.

"I'm not. I ruined his car after it. It's his loss." You shrugged.

"So, you weren't the one to cheat on him?"

"Do you believe what people write about me? Seriously?" You asked.

"In my defence, I don't know you that well." Tony replied, a bit intimidated by your words, the way you behaved and how you looked at him... your behaviour in general. The feeling was still unfamiliar to him, as he didn't feel it with other girls. Your conversation was interrupted by a girl quickly approaching your table. She looked about 18, and she had a group of other girls behind her. They all avoided to look at you, clearly starstruck by Tony.

"Mr. Stark! Can we get an autograph?"

Tony quickly glanced at you. "Y-Yeah, of course."

You smiled to yourself, taking your glass of water and bringing it up to your lips.

She slipped a small piece of paper to him with a wink. You could see it was her number written on the paper. "In case you get tired of girls who walk around in lingerie for a living." She whispered to him, although you could clearly hear her.

You placed the glass back on the table before smiling at her, meeting her fake smile. "Actually, can we get yours as well, Y/N?"

"Of course. Do you want it for someone or...?" You said, taking the paper and the pen.

"Just for me, but can you write for Bella?"

"With pleasure." You replied. Tony looked with raised eyebrows as you wrote 'for Bella from Y/N, fuck you' on the paper before handing the paper back to the girl with a smile. "And don't forget your pen." You told her, but just as she was about to take it, it fell from your hands accidentally."Oopsie."

He looked as you got up from your chair and took your jacket, walking away from the table.

"You coming?" You asked him, looking at him over your shoulder.

"Yes!" He mumbled out, quickly getting up from the chair and hurrying to follow you, not even sparing the group of girls a second glance.

When he dropped you off, Tony grabbed his phone and opened his chat with Ian. "I don't think this will work out."

He stared at your figure from his car, the way you walked and held yourself, the way every man you passed by turned around to look at you, the receptionist hurrying to hold the door open to you, the poor boy almost melting when you flashed him a smile. He wasn't sure how much he could handle.