Part 25

You raised your gaze off your plate and looked at Steve, who met your gaze

You raised your gaze off your plate and looked at Steve, who met your gaze. "So, how are you feeling?" He asked you.

"I'm fine." You shrugged, taking a bite of your food while still looking at him.

"I meant with everything that's happening between you and-"

"I know." You cut him off. "I'm fine."

"Really?" His eyebrows furrowed as his gaze scanned over your face, trying to figure out if you were joking."Your feelings aren't hurt by all of this?"

"Oh no, they are. I thought that, at least, he'd treat me as a friend. Turns out, we weren't actually friends. But, I won't cry about it."

"We don't know what's wrong with him, either." Steve said, leaning back on his chair as he looked at you. "He didn't tell us, his team. Nat went to his house once, but found him drunk. He never seems sober those days, anyway."

"Well, he's going to get what he wants. And I'm going to do what I always wanted to do."

"Which is?" Steve raised an eyebrow.

"Traveling the world. Alone. Until I find somewhere I want to live."

"What about your career?"

You shrugged. "Nothing. I'm taking a break from everything. I'm selling my apartment, too."

"Do you know how long...?"

"No. Until I decide to come back."

Of course, as soon as you stepped out, pictures were took of you with Steve. They were published the same day, and magazines were saying you moved on from Tony with Steve. You returned home, your head close to bursting. You closed the door and leaned against them. "What?" You could feel Sofia's and Nicky's glares on you. "Just tell me already. I can feel your glares."

Nicky opened her mouth. "I just-"

"Nicky, don't say something that you'll regret." Sofia pat her back as you took your jacket off and placed the bag on the table before you sat in front of the two of them.

"No, Sofia, I don't see how you're okay with all of this." She said. "She's not thinking with her brain right now. She's under the influence of her emotions."

"Nicky, I already told you everything I had." You shook your head.

"You're not in the state of making a smart decision now. You think you will be happier if you go somewhere else and start your life all over again?"

"Yes."

"As I said, you're not in the state of making a smart decision." Nicky repeated. "You're leaving us all behind. Why didn't you take my advice and move on from him? You're selfish! You're leaving all of us behind just because Chase and Tony hurt your feelings. I can understand everything, Y/N, really, but I can't understand why you have to go to another continent to be happy. This is a complete nonsense."

"Nicky-" Sofia warned, trying to comfort the woman, who shrugged her off as she stood up from her seat."Please don't."

"I did try to take your advice." You stood up as well. "I went to have lunch with Steve." That made her look at you.

"And?"

"And it didn't feel right. That's not what I want to do. Keep jumping from one man to another. I don't want that. This is the only way for me to move on."

"You're so selfish." Nicky breathed out before she stormed out of your apartment, Sofia following after her. You sighed before you sat back down, placing your head in your hands as you took deep breaths. Just then, you heard someone knocking.

As soon as you opened the door, the figure pushed them and came in, startling you. Your gaze fell on Tony, who looked... well, he was sober, but he looked furious. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What are you doing here?"

He slammed you against the wall, his face close to yours. "Answer me!"

"Let me go!"

"Do you think you can get away with insulting me like that, and then trying to get on with my teammate?"

"You started this. I'm simply returning the favor."

"Y/N, don't make me do something I'll regret."

You pushed him away from yourself, staring into his face. "What the fuck are you doing, Tony? Where did she even come from? And, all of a sudden, you want to marry her, even though you told me you wouldn't do it again? Just when... " Your voice broke in the middle of the sentence and your eyes filled with tears. "Just when I started having fucking feelings for you?"

Tony's blood ran cold as he looked down at you, wiping your tears away.

"What?"He asked after a moment of silence.

"But it doesn't matter now, does it?"You let out a laugh.

"Y/N, you know that we told each other at the beginning of all of this that our feelings wouldn't get involved."

"Yes, I do! And I'm a fool. Just say it. What are those?" You snatched the papers he was holding in his hand."Divorce papers?"He watched helplessly as you opened a drawer and pulled out a pen before you placed those papers on the table. He couldn't do anything, it felt like he was just frozen in place and couldn't move. He just watched as you furiously signed the papers and forced them back into his hands."There. I wish you two all the luck in the world."

"Y/N-"

"No! Leave, Anthony."

His jaw clenched. "Fine." That was all he said before he left your apartment, slamming the door closed and you slid to the floor, crying.

They opened again and you heard footsteps before you could feel Nicky's arms wrapping around you. "Shhh. It's okay." She said, placing a kiss on your head. "You'll be okay. You still want to leave?"

"Yes." You wiped your tears.

"Do you need me to help you with anything?"

You looked up at her and offered her a small smile. "Maybe you could help me sell the apartment."

"Deal." She said before hugging you.