Part 48

You parked in front of the school, music blasting from your car while you waited for Capri to get inside with Corey.

"Oh my God, mom, stop embarrassing us." Capri mumbled out while putting her seatbelt on.

You let out a chuckle. "Embarrassing you? Excuse me?"

In the meantime, Tony and you had... well, quite a few kids. Charlotte and Chiara were now twelve, Capri was nine, the (another) twins, this time both boys, Corey and Caius, were five. And you were pregnant, again. With another girl.

"Where did you get that?" She asked the boy, who held a plastic cup of his favorite juices.

" 'takeout while we were waiting for you." Corey mumbled out, the straw still stuck between his lips.

"Not fair!" She yelled. "How does he get one, but I don't?"

"If you didn't go to school, mom would got you juice, too!"

"Mom!"

"Mom, tell her!"

You sighed, tapping your nails on the wheel while you waited for the light to turn green. "Kids, settle down."

"But he got a juice and I didn't!"

"Oh, my God, Capri, we got one for you too, now silent! Both of you!" You said as you handed her the cup.

The silence wasn't lasting for very long. 5 minutes from home, Corey burst into tears, making you look in the mirror. "What's wrong, sweetie? Did you hit him again?" You looked at Capri.

"I didn't touch him!"

"She didn't." Corey cried out.

"Then what's wrong?"

He sniffled. "I know Caius is at home eating my favorite snacks with dad while I'm here."

You bit on your lip to stop yourself from laughing. "Oh, my poor boy."

When you got home, it was unusually quiet. You opened the door, looking around. When you got in the living room, you found Tony there, standing on top of the couch.

"Tony!" You yelled, startling him."What are you doing?"

"We're playing The floor is lava."

"You seriously need to grow up!" You caught Caius mid-run, taking a random plastic crown off his head.

"Those are some brave words for a woman standing in lava." He said.

"Get off the couch."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Where did Caius go?"

"I don't know, he was just here."

"Did you lose our son again?"

"He's like two inches tall, give me a break."

You sighed, walking into the kitchen, where you found all your kids gathered around the sink. "No, I'm the oldest and I'm always right!" Charlotte said.

"You're not!" Caius argued.

"I totally am!"

"What are you doing?" You asked, only for them to part and you saw there was... a duck in your sink, which was filled up with water."WHAT IS THAT?"

Charlotte grinned. "A duck. His name is Mr. Duckleberry."

"How did that get into my house?"

"We got him from our yard."

"Get that hideous thing out of my house right now!"

"Caius, mom wants you out of the house!" Charlotte told the boy.

"Charlotte! Don't you dare. Get the duck out, or you're all in time-out!"

You sighed, watching as Charlotte grabbed the duck, who got scared and trashed water and feathers all over the counters and the floor. Finally, she grabbed him and they all ran out with him.

Tony walked in a few minutes later, seeing the exhausted expression on your face. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"The kids kidnapped a duck from our backyard." You said. "Where did they even get him? And how?"

"I... what?"

"Don't ask. I need to wipe the water off ."

"Sweetheart, you're pregnant." He said, placing his hands around you and kissing you. "You can't do that. I'll do it instead."

"You will?" You looked up at him.

"Of course." He placed a quick kiss on your belly before looking up at you."I did that."

"Yeah, your 2 seconds of effort won't go unappreciated." You pat his shoulder.

He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Thank you!" You quickly kissed him before walking away, smiling to yourself.

"Mom, do you think we could ride the duck?"

"Get him out right now!"