Part 18

You had many things to say to your father at that moment

You had many things to say to your father at that moment. He invited Chase there on purpose, knowing you two broke up. In that moment, you put your feelings for Chase aside, wondering why he would even do that. Yes, he loved Chase, but he loved him so much to bring him to a family lunch after he cheated on you? And in front of Tony, your husband?

You felt Tony place his hand over yours on the table and you looked at him, his look telling you to calm down. You took a deep breath, realizing you have to calm down. You didn't want to cause drama when there were children around you, and your siblings.

You sat down, your blood still boiling. You could barely keep quiet, your tongue just itching to say something to your father, even if that meant getting into a fight with him. It was nothing new, anyway.

Chase took the only free place, which was, unforfunately, right next to you.

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all."Theo commented, resulting in his wife stabbing his side with her elbow to shut him up.

Nicky stuffed her face with food, unable to bear the tension in the room. Everybody began to eat.

Tony rubbed your thigh under the table, which made you look at him with a small smile. "Go on, eat."

You listened, taking small bites of the food in front of you. "Honey, can you pass me the salt?"

You grimaced when you saw two hands offering you what you asked for, Chase and Tony both holding salt containers in front of you. You heard Theo letting out a laugh, again being cut off by his wife, while you took the one from Tony. "Thank you."

"Right." Chase cleared his throat.

You couldn't wait to finally clear your plate and you stood up, making Stephanie look at you. "You're going?"

"I'm not feeling well." You smiled at your sister. "I'll just go and get some clear air." You pat Tony, giving him a glance.

You stepped outside and decided to sit on the swing. As you sat down, your mother's cat jumped in your lap, letting out soft sounds as you stroked her. "Hi there, sweetie."

The door opened and you turned your head, only to see Nicky. You breathed out as she sat next to you. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm just... I don't know. It's complicated. Why would he do that? Does he hate me that much?"

"He can't hate you, my love." She replied as you leaned your head on her shoulder and she started stroking your hair. "You're his daughter."

"Then why would he invite Chase when he knows Tony is here?"

"I'm sorry. I know you don't wanna see Chase after what happened."

"It's not that."

"What did you say?" Nicky stopped talking, looking down at you. "Did you say you want to see Chase? After everything he did?"