Part 28

Tony was sat by a bar, a drink in hand as his eyes scanned over the crowd

Tony was sat by a bar, a drink in hand as his eyes scanned over the crowd. He watched as a figure approached him. He couldn't see the face in the dark, but he could clearly see it's a male. He rolled his eyes when he stepped into the light and he realized who it was.

"Tony, wasn't it?" He asked.

"Chase." Tony mumbled out. "You're like a cockroach, aren't you?"

"How so?"

"We just can't seem to get rid of you."

Chase let out a laugh before ordering himself a drink. "You can hate me all you want. I just saw you and knew I had to come here and congratulate you."

"Congratulate me?"

"Yes. For getting out of that marriage."

Tony tensed up, his jaw clenching as his grip tightened on the glass.

"You got lucky." Chase continued. "I'm thankful I didn't get married to Y/N, but you did. She's crazy. Do you know she scratched my car?"

Tony let out a breath.

"Judging by your reaction, she scratched yours too?"

Tony shrugged. "It's just a car. Besides, it was my fault."

"I guess she loves getting her revenge over cars." Chase said before taking a sip of his drink. "I told you she's a crazy one. Consider yourself lucky you got out of that marriage. You don't know what else she's capable of."

Tony's eyes narrowed as he looked at Chase.

"There was a good reason we lost our baby, after all."

"Y/N was pregnant?" He asked, eyes widened as he stared at the man in front of him.

"She was. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad we didn't end up having it. Can you imagine raising kids with her? They would turn out crazy, just like her."

In that moment, Tony saw red. He stood up from his seat, grabbing Chase by his neck and pinning him on the bar, while he let out pained sounds. "What are you doing, man?"

"Listen to me very carefully." Tony lowered his head towards his as his grip tightened. "Speak like that about her one more time, ever in your miserable life, and I will be the one to end it. Come near her ever again and your own mother won't be able to recognize you after I'm done with you. Is that clear?" He looked down at his face, turning red from the lack of air. When he heard no answer, he tightened his grip. People around them noticed something was happening and started looking at the scene. "I didn't hear you."

"Y-Yes! I'll do it!" Chase choked out and Tony waited a few moments before releasing him. He turned around, leaving the place. He walked out, crossing the street. He had a view of the beach and the sea, and he took a deep breath in, feeling the fresh air.

He closed his eyes, allowing himself a moment of peace, which was quickly over. As soon as he smelled a familiar perfume, his eyes were open and he turned around, seeing a woman walking past him. He could only see her back, but Tony was convinced it was you. He ran after her, quickly catching up to her. "Y/N?" He grabbed her wrist and made her turn around. His blood ran cold when he realized it wasn't you. "Sorry! Sorry!" He apologized to the woman, letting go of her and she hurried to walk away from him.

He let out a sigh as he sat down on a bench, placing his head in his hands. It was 8 months since you left and, still, no one knew where you were. You could be anywhere right now. Nobody saw you, the last time even the paparazzi saw you was at the airport the day you were leaving. Everything still reminded him of you.

As soon as you turned a corner, you leaned against a wall and let out a breath you didn't even realize you were holding. You couldn't believe you just saw Tony, after all of those months. You could barely breathe as the image of him resurfaced in your mind again. What was he doing here? Did he know you're here? Who told him?

You thought, after months of being away from each other, you would be ready to see him. But, it turns out you weren't. You couldn't face him yet.