Part 6

tw: abuse, violence

tw: abuse, violence

Tony was sat across from Ian in his office, while Rhodey was leaning against the table, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at Tony."Why do you think it won't work out?" Ian questioned.

"I know it won't." Tony began. "I don't like her attitude."

Ian shook his head. "Is that the only reason?"

"She's stubborn. Hard to work with. She probably won't cooperate."

"You do realize this sounds like you're just describing yourself?" Rhodey asked, making Tony look up at him.

"Excuse me?"Tony asks.

"Enough." Ian interrupted them before their bickering could continue."Do you realize what consenquences this could have if we tell public the truth?"He looked at Tony, who avoided his gaze. "Try telling people you got so drunk in Vegas that you married a stranger. No matter how hard this is, it's still your reputation at risk. Think of that before ending the deal." Ian said.

Tony sighed, watching as the man left his office along with Rhodey. Tony's phone let out a sound. He grabbed it off the table and looked at the notification, which said you posted a new picture. Tony's eyebrows furrowed. When did he turn on notifications for when you posted? He opened it without thinking about it a lot. His eyes scanned over the picture of you in, what must be, the world's shortest and tightest shirt. He exited the app and left his phone on the table.

Later, you were laid on your bed, on video call with your parents. Your mother took the news pretty well, as she never liked Chase anyway. She only put up with his presence because it was clear you loved him. But, your father was furious.

"How can you make such decisions overnight?" He asked you. "Do you even know him?"

You could see your mother nudge him. "Don't."

"Don't defend her all the time. It's because of how you raised her that she makes such decisions now. Why can't you be like Ashley?" He asked, making you look away from the phone screen when he mentioned your older sister. It's not that you hated her, she was your sister and you loved her to death. But, he always loved her more and would compare you two any chance he got.

You cleared your throat. "We'll talk more when I get there. I-I need to go now."

Without waiting for them to say goodbye, you ended the call, just as another message popped up on your screen.

"We need to talk. I'm outside."

You sighed, realizing it was from Tony. You walked into the living room, where Nicky was sat on the couch. She heard everything, you knew just by her how she looked at you. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'll be back in a minute. Tony wants us to talk about something."You explained, making a smile appear on her face.

"Judging by how close you two are becoming, I would tell you to not run away with him and get married, but you already did that." She said, making you roll your eyes.