Part 38

Days passed since you last saw Tony. He didn't text you, or call you. The only way you had of knowing what Avengers were doing was through the news. You watched on TV the land in Sokovia being split in two while the Avengers fought Ultron.

You knew they returned home yesterday, Nicky told you. Along with the fact Bruce was now missing. Tony still didn't return home. You were slowly getting back to your job, with Sofia's help.

Tony parked in front of the mansion. He took a deep breath, preparing himself. He took the flowers he bought for you from the passenger seat and walked in. He noticed the house looked like nobody was in it. He checked the living room, seeing you weren't there. He went upstairs and checked the bedroom, but you weren't there either.

He couldn't help, but think you actually listened to him and left him again. Cold sweat washed over his body as he checked every room in the house. He still didn't find you, even after he went down to his lab. He sat down in the living room and took his phone to call you. It went straight to voicemail. Tony's heart was racing in his chest at only the thought of you being gone. He ran his hand through his hair, pulling on the ends of it.

He remembered that day in the lab and the things he told you. He didn't mean any of it. He was just frustrated with the team, and he took it all out on you, which you clearly didn't deserve. He decided to take a shower before he went to search for you. After that, he sat down on the bed and tried calling Nicky to see if she knew something, but the exhaustion and sleepless nights were too much for him.

It was the early afternoon when you returned home. Your gaze fell on Tony's car parked outside and you took a sharp breath, not feeling like dealing with another fight now. You took your things from the car before entering the mansion. The sound of your high heels against the marble floor rang out in the quiet house and, thinking Tony was working on something, you took them off so he doesn't hear you and accuse you of disturbing him again.

You slowly made your way up the stairs, making sure you weren't loud. That worked out until you got to the top of the stairs and your bag fell out of your hands, sending the contents of it flying all across the floor. A gasp left your mouth at the loud noise, and you quickly tried to pick everything up. You heard the door down the hall opening.

"My love?" You heard Tony's voice.

"Shit. Sorry." You looked up at him."I didn't know you're here already. I'm sorry about the noise, I'll just-"

"Y/N." He approached you to help you pick your things off the floor, but he noticed you took a step back, making him stop.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. I'll just... I'll go." Tony's gaze followed you as you tried to walk past him and into the guest room. His hand caught your wrist, making you stop walking. You looked up at him, meeting his concerned gaze.

"Are you okay?" He asked you.

"Yeah." You responded quickly before biting on your tongue. "Are you?"

"That's not what matters now." He said, taking your face in his hands and looking down at you. "You're not disturbing me."

"You were probably working on something and I just-" You let out a breath. "I'm really sorry."

"Y/N, stop it please. It's fine. Everything's fine."

"Yeah, uh... just keep working. I'll just go."

Before Tony could react, you ran out of his hands and into the guest room. You let out a sharp breath as your back leaned against the closed door.

He didn't want to try again and disturb you further. He decided to leave you alone for some time before trying to talk to you again.

He went to the lab, deciding to work on his search for Bruce. Hours later, he got word from Friday that you left the house. He pulled his phone out to text Natasha. 'Is Y/N with you?'