Part 37

It was the night of Tony's party

It was the night of Tony's party. You were sat in one corner with Nicky, drink in hand while Sofia was standing on another side of the room, talking to Steve. "Why are you looking at Cap like that?"

You were snapped out of your thoughts when she asked you that. You shook your head and took a sip of your champagne. "It's nothing."

"It's clearly not nothing." She said."You're looking at him like he killed your whole family."

You sighed, moving closer towards her."It's just weird."

"What is?"

"Steve. He approached me the other day, saying how he thinks... well, he thinks Tony will hurt me again."

Nicky looked at you.

"And then implied that Tony is too old for me. And that I shouldn't be with him."

Nicky let out a breath while looking at Steve. "The nerve of that guy. I've been here almost the whole time while you were gone and it's clear he likes you. I even caught him talking about you with Nat a few times."

"What?"

"And he's still giving false hope to Sofia."

"What? Sofia likes Steve?"

"Look at her, it's obvious."Nicky told you, making you turn your head to look at Sofia. "Did you tell Tony?"

"I don't know if I should." You said before downing your champagne and placing the glass aside. "I don't want to cause problems between the two of them."

"Steve has no problem doing that."Nicky said. "He knows you're with Tony and he's still trying something. And on top of that, he called Tony old."

"I don't know." You shook your head.

"Lighten up, ladies!" You could hear Tony's voice behind you, while his hands were placed on your shoulders."It's a party and you look miserable."

You let out a laugh, turning your head around while Tony leaned forward, placing a kiss on your lips.

A few hours later, the Avengers, along with you, Nicky, Sofia, Maria and Helen, were gathered in the living room. The guests had left. All of you were sat around the table, on which Thor's hammer was sat. Tony was comfortable in one of the armchairs and you were by his side. He was leaning into you while you were sat on the arm of the chair.

Clint was talking to Thor about his hammer. "But, it's a trick!"

"Oh, no." Thor denied while handing Steve a drink. "It's much more than that."

Clint gave him a look. "Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick."

Thor gestured at the hammer. "Well please, be my guest."

All the talking in the room suddenly stopped and everybody focused on Thor and Clint.

"Come on." Tony nudged Clint, taking your hand to help you into his lap.