Part 27

It was two days after the day you left

It was two days after the day you left. Tony heard knocking on his door and he rushed to open them, half expecting to see you. But, when he opened them, he was disappointed. Nicky stood in front of him, a black bag in her hand. "Nicky." He said."Come in."

"No. I don't want to look at you any longer than necessary. Y/N left you this." She handed him the bag and, then, your ring. "Also, she said you can keep the money you owe her."

"Where is she?"

"Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you."She said. "I lost my best friend because of you."

"Nicky, please. I want to apologize to her, she doesn't deserve any of this."

"You're right, she doesn't. And no, I don't know where she is." Nicky said.

"At least tell me what country she went to." He was desperate. He had no way of contacting you. You deactivated all your accounts and weren't replying to any of his texts.

"I don't know! She didn't want me to know. She didn't want anyone to know. She just called me this morning to tell me to bring you this." She gestured at the bag and the ring in his hand. "I have to go to work." She told him, turning away.

"Do you know when she's coming back?"

Nicky turned towards him. "I don't know if she's coming back at all."

When she left, Tony opened the bag, only to find the wedding dress he bought you inside.

Meanwhile, you were sat on the yacht in Ibiza. You were staring at the water, unable to look away as you thought of everything you left behind. You knew you did the right thing for yourself, and that was all that mattered to you.

"Oh, shit." A young girl stumbled towards you, almost falling in the water in the process, before she sat down next to you. "This is strong."She took a sip of her drink before she looked at you with a grin. "Oh, hi there! You want some?" She offered you her glass, to which you shook your head.

"Thanks, I'm trying to quit drinking."

"Why?"

You sighed. "I make stupid decisions when I drink."

"It can't be that bad."

You shrugged. "Once, I got drunk and woke up married."

"Oh, it is bad." She let out a laugh and you laughed as well. "Camila."

"Y/N." You told her.

"Come on, let's go party." You looked at the party going on behind you and then at Camila offering her hand to you. You smiled before taking her hand and joining them.

It was now three months since you left. Tony found himself in Miami for work. He stopped in one of the stores shortly. He was grabbing himself a drink from the fridge while talking to Natasha on the phone.

Natasha could hear the sound bottles made when they hit each other and stopped talking about Avengers, sighing. "You shouldn't drink that much, Tony. Y/N-"

Tony interrupted her. "Yeah, I think she left her new address at the bottom of one of those bottles. I just have to find which one." He said and then he noticed a familiar woman next to him. "I- I gotta go, Nat." He ended the call and gathered all of his courage before approaching the woman."Sylvie? Is that you?"

"Tony." Your mother replied, a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry, you probably weren't expecting this. How are you?"

"I'm okay. What are you doing here in Miami?"

"I'm here for work." Tony said.

"Oh. Why don't you visit us while you're here?" She asked.

"No, I couldn't possibly do that. I mean, I'd love to, but your husband and-" Tony was rambling as he looked at the woman. "I just can't do that. Besides, with everything that happened between Y/N and me-"

"My husband definitely won't mind."

"How?"

"He's missing Y/N. He doesn't even come out of his office. At all. He won't even know you're there. Please, Tony. I insist." She pat his shoulder.

"Then I can't say no, can I?"

He parked in front of your parents' house half an hour later and followed your mother inside. She gestured at the couch. "Please, sit down while I make us some coffee." She said, walking into the kitchen and he could hear her pulling cups out and walking around the kitchen. His gaze fell on the figure that suddenly appeared on the door and he almost jumped in his place as he met your brother's gaze, full of hatred towards him.

"What is he doing here?" Theo asked, making your mother walk back in quickly.

"Theo, calm down. Tony is our guest. I invited him here."

"He doesn't deserve it." Theo said."He's the reason my sister left everything behind. Including us."

"Theo, be nice." She warned again. "I won't repeat myself. Either sit down or leave us."

Theo glared at him before he sat down right across of Tony. Your mother walked in, placing the cups on the table. "Thank you." Tony silently thanked her, looking up, only to find Theo still glaring at him. "I'm sorry for everything."

"You don't have to apologize." Sylvie said.

"I do." Tony shook his head. "It's all my fault."

"Damn right." Theo mumbled out.

"Do you know where she is?"

Theo let out a chuckle. "Last time we heard from her was when she was in Ibiza."

"When?"

"That was two and a half months ago."Theo replied. "And even if I did know, I would never tell you."

"Theo, can you leave us alone?" Slyvie asked Theo, who stood up while still glaring at Tony, still clearly unhappy with him being there. He left the room without looking back, leaving Tony and Sylvie alone. "I'm sorry for the way he behaved, Tony."

"He's right." Tony replied, looking up and meeting your mother's gaze."It's my fault. And I'm sorry for it."

"I told you, you don't have to apologize. At least to us. I suggest you to apologize to my daughter." Sylvie said.

"What happened between us is my fault." Tony said. "And on top of it all, I asked her for a divorce."

"I can see you love her."

Tony nodded. "Do you know where she is? I just want to find her and talk to her-"

"I don't know. She calls me every few weeks to check on me. It's been days since she last called, she could be anywhere now. You know how Y/N is."

Tony let out a chuckle, nodding his head. "She's unpredictable."

"She is. Even her father is missing her. He doesn't want to say it, but I can see it."

Tony shook his head. "All I wish for right now is for her to come back."

Sylvie smiled. "She will. I know my daughter. She needs time. Maybe it will be soon, maybe it will take a year or two, but she will come back."