Part 42

Tony was happy with the small progress he made over the past few days. You still ignored his messages, until he would start to spam you and you would answer them, usually being passive agressive, but he was happy you were answering him at all. Like right now.

"Where are you now?"

"None of your business."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

".... Don't ever tell me that again. I was getting my nails done."

"Natasha was asking if you're free to hang out with her. She wants you to meet Wanda."

"Will you be there?"

"... yes?"

"Then no."

You exited the chat and left your phone aside, going into the kitchen to make yourself something to eat. You were cooking yourself some pasta when the doorbell rang. You licked the sauce off the spoon before placing it on the counter and going to open the door. When you did, you found a man there, holding a large bouquet of red roses.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you... " He checked the card before looking at you again. "Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yes."

"This is for you." He said as he handed you the flowers. Confused, you took them while looking at him in question.

"What? That can't be right."

"Have a good day." He simply said before walking away, leaving you to stare at his back in confusion.

You checked the card, seeing they were from Tony. With a sigh, you closed the door and carried the flowers to the kitchen before dropping them in a bin. You continued to cook.

The night was falling and you were in the living room, laid on the couch with a thin blanket covering your lower half, while you had your laptop resting on your stomach as you answered your emails and ordered clothes for yourself. The doorbell rang again. You already knew who it was and debated if it was a good decision to let him in. Maybe you should just stay quiet and hope he goes away. You couldn't rest. You got up and answered the door, finding Tony in front of them.

"Hello there." He smiled as soon as he saw you. You took a moment to get a proper look at him. He was wearing one of his expensive, designer suits. The top few buttons on his shirt were undone and the sleeves were rolled up. You gulped before looking up at his eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "I'm just here to see how you're doing."

"Right." You said. "You're aware that I'm still mad at you?"

"You made it very clear." He nodded.

"Great." You said, noticing he was still looking at you. "What? What, do you expect me to invite you in?"

"You don't have to." He said, walking past you and into the apartment. "I'll let myself in."

You groaned and closed the door, following him. He passed by the kitchen, seeing his flowers in a bin."I see you got my gift."

You crossed your arms over your chest, glaring at him. "Flowers won't buy you my forgiveness. Why are you here, anyway? Leave. You don't trust me enough, we have no reason to be together."

"Y/N." He turned to face you, taking your hand in his. "I'm sorry for everything, again. I trust you, I was just... angry. I couldn't see straight."

You blinked. "Alright. The door's that way."

"Why are you making me leave?" He asked jokingly. "You invited someone here?"

"No, but I was thinking of inviting Steve."

"Over my dead body." His eyes turned dark and he pressed you against the wall, wrapping a hand around your neck and squeezing the sides of it, leaning towards your face. "He won't come near you again. Is that clear?"

You tilted your head, but he pressed you more against the wall, his body rubbing against yours.

"Everybody can see it."

"See what?"

"That Steve wants to fuck you."

"Does he?" You grinned.

"He doesn't get to touch you anymore. You're mine."

"Am I?"

"Stop it." He told you, squeezing your neck.

"Get off. I found a dress I like and I'll kill you if I lost it." You pushed him off, going straight towards the couch and your laptop, getting into the position from earlier. "You're lucky it's still here."

He sighed, walking towards the couch and lifting your legs before he sat on the couch and placed your legs in his lap. You looked at him as he started massaging your ankles. This moment with him felt like the most natural thing in the world. Only if you weren't angry at him...

"What did you find?" He asked you, and you turned the screen towards him. "Are those the new nails?"

"Yes." You grinned, turning your hand towards him. "Don't they look great?"

"They're not red." He noticed. Your nails were almost always red and he got used to it, considering they were the color of his suit.

"A nice change, isn't it?"

"Sure." He said, his voice changing into an annoyed one.

You were quiet for a few moments, scrolling through the website and adding things to your shopping cart. You looked up at Tony, only to find him already looking at you. "You know that I don't have any feelings for Steve, right?"

Tony smiled, leaning forward to move a strand of your hair behind your ear."I know, sweetheart. I'm sorry I made you think I don't trust you."

You bit on your lip, thinking of what to do. "I just... I need time to think."

"We'll be alright?" He asked you.

"I'm just confused right now. I don't know what to think."

"I can't function without you anymore." Tony said, taking your hand and pressing a kiss on the back of your palm. "I can't take this anymore. I know it was all my fault. You're the love of my life and I can't stand not talking to you at all. Please... if you want to end this between us, do it now."

You straightened up, leaving your laptop aside. You noticed his eyes were full of tears and a sharp pain immediately went through your chest.

"You deserve so much more than this." He said. "And I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to treat you right."

"At least you're self aware." You told him, moving the blanket aside and placing a kiss on his cheek. You sat in his lap, straddling him.

"I'm so sorry." He told you one more time before you placed your lips on top of his. He reacted right away, wrapping his hands around you and squeezing you tight against his body as he pecked your lips. He pulled away to take the glasses off your face and place them on the table before kissing you again. Your arms wrapped around his neck as your lips moved on his. His tongue slipped inside your mouth as you moved against him. He grabbed your hips to keep you in place while you pulled away.

He smiled at you, still keeping a tight hold on you. "What do you say we go away for about a week?"

"Why?"

"I want to properly apologize to you. We can go to my mansion in Malibu."He offered. "It's pretty isolated. It would be just you and me."

"I'll think about it."You said.

He squeezed your hips, pulling you towards him and whispering in your ear, as if you two weren't the only ones in the room. "And think of all the makeup sex we could have."

You pulled away from him, slapping his chest while he laughed.