Part 30

When Tony walked down the stairs again, he was half-expecting that he truly was hallucinating again and that you were gone again

When Tony walked down the stairs again, he was half-expecting that he truly was hallucinating again and that you were gone again. He stood at the bottom of the stairs, wondering where you were. Just as he was about to ask Jarvis, he heard your voice in the kitchen. He walked into the kitchen, a smile on his face. You were standing behind the counter, your back turned towards him. He allowed himself a moment to look at you, from your long legs to your hair, which seemed a few shades lighter. He cleared his throat, making you turn around.

"Finally. When was the last time someone cleaned up-" You trailed off as you looked at him. He was shirtless and only had a towel wrapped around his lower half, small droplets of water traveling down his toned chest and stomach and disappearing under his towel.

"What's that?" He asked, pretending he didn't hear you as he dried off his hair with another towel.

You quickly regained your composure and tried to look only at his eyes."When was the last time someone cleaned up around here?"

Tony shrugged. "I don't know. It's been a while. I didn't want maids around here."

"And what do you think you're doing?"

Tony raised an eyebrow at you as he crossed the remaining distance to stand in front of you.

"Get dressed." You ordered.

"Why?" A smirk appeared on his face."You can't focus?"

"It's not that."

"Come on, admit it, I'm right. You can't focus."

You rolled your eyes before your hands found the bottom of your dress. Tony's gaze dropped down as you started pulling your dress up, revealing your thighs. Your lips curved into a smile as you saw him gulp. "Maybe. But, I wonder if you would be able to focus if I took this off." He couldn't tear his gaze off the scene, until you placed a small slap on his shoulder. "Get dressed. I mean it."

He rushed out of the kitchen. While he was gone, you took the empty bottles of various drinks and threw them in the trash before you made coffee for him. When Tony entered the kitchen again, you placed his coffee for him on the counter. You watched him approach you, dressed in gray sweatpants and white shirt.

"I made you coffee." You told him.

"It's for me?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"Yes. Did you eat anything?"

"Uh... " Tony scratched the back of his head. "Maybe."

You opened the fridge and your eyebrows furrowed. "You have... well, nothing that looks edible. I suggest we order something." You said as you pulled out something that used to be cheese. "Ew."

"Alright, enough." He pulled you away from the fridge and closed the door."I'll have someone clean everything up. But before that, I believe you wanted us to talk about something."

You sighed before you sat on a chair and Tony took a seat next to you. You cleared your throat, looking down at your hands.

"I don't see Cassie anywhere." You noticed, looking around the mansion for any trace of her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have barged in like I did. You're with Cassie now-"

"No."

You stopped talking and looked up at him. "What?"

"Cassie and I are not together. We weren't together at all."

"How? I thought-"

Tony leaned forward, taking your hand in his. "It was nothing but a mistake. And I'm sorry for it. I hope you can forgive me for it."

"But you two-"

"- were a mistake. She was just there when I was drunk, and we did kiss, but nothing other than that happened between us. And the kiss happened only because I was drunk. When the news came out and everything else happened, I realized what I did. I-" He took a deep breath before meeting your gaze again. "I was afraid of my feelings and I thought that I could solve everything by being away from you, and marrying Cassie instead. And when you told me about your feelings, I got even more scared."

"Why?"

Tony shook his head. "After Cassie, I promised myself I would spend the rest of my life alone. I didn't care about anyone for a long time. And then you came and blew that plan to hell." He looked up at you, your eyes widened in shock. "I love you, Y/N."

"Wait, Tony-"

"That day when Nicky told me you're leaving, I went straight to your apartment, but you already left. I lost you that day, and I won't allow it to ever happen again. I was trying to find you all this time, but you left no trace. Nobody knew where you were."

You smiled. "That was the point. I wanted to start a new life and forget about everything that happened here."

"But, you still came back?"

"As you can see, that plan didn't really work out." You said. "Do you love her?"

Tony looked at you for a few moments before he spoke. "No. I don't love Cassie."

You nodded.

"Y/N." He placed his fingers under your chin, making you look up at him."I'm sorry for everything. I should've fought for you more. And I'm sorry for what happened between me and Cassie. I didn't know she was going to be there." He brought your hand up to his lips, placing a kiss on your palm. "I never stopped loving you. This time apart only made me realize what I lost. We lost so much time together because I was afraid to admit my feelings for you in the first place. Now that you're here, I'm never letting you go again. Please, give us a second chance."

"I don't know, Tony." You took a sharp breath.

"Please, Y/N. I know I fucked up. But please, give me a chance. Give us a chance. I'll do better, I promise you-"

You decided to stop his rambling. You leaned forward, connecting your lips with his, making him stop talking. His eyes widened as he realized what was going on. But then, he was quick to kiss you back. His hands found your waist and he lifted you up, placing you on the counter and he stood in between your legs. His hands pressed your body closer to his as he kissed you. You pulled away from him, barely breathing as you leaned your forehead against his. "I forgive you."You whispered on his lips.

"You do?" He grinned.

You nodded and Tony's hands were placed on your cheeks as he placed multiple pecks on your lips, making you smile.

"And Tony?"

He stopped, his gaze focusing on you.

"I love you too." You whispered to him before he grinned and kissed you again.