Part 23

"I tried to reach out to them, but they don't want to talk to us." Sofia explained, sitting at the head of the table in your dining room, while you stared at the wall in front of you.

"Why are they doing this?" You heard Nicky ask.

Sofia shrugged. "I have no idea. I've been trying to contact them since those pictures came out, but the only time they responded was to say Tony is filing for a divorce."

"Can we stop talking about that?" You finally spoke after being silent the whole morning. They looked at you before they shared a look between themselves.

Sofia's phone rang out. "It's another news papers. I have to take this and tell them to stuff the hottest news up their ass. Excuse me for a moment."She stood up, making Nicky look at her.

"You're not going to actually say that."

"Well, no. But, I'm going to imply it."

She walked out of the room while you stood up, moving to stand in front of a window, looking at the busy street. Nicky followed you with her gaze. She didn't leave your side since the news came out. "Are you okay?"

You took a deep breath. "It's just... everything happened so suddenly."

She approached you, placing her hand on your shoulder. "I know. We didn't expect this. We couldn't expect this. Especially you."

"We agreed to see other people. Well, kind of. But, I thought we were at least friends. I never thought he'd go behind my back and do things like this. He made me look like a fool. I don't care about what he does with his life, but we agreed to keep this kind of things private."

"You cared for him-"

"No, I didn't." You quickly cut her off."Not in the way you think I did. We were just friends. And friends don't do this type of things to each other."

She nodded, wrapping her arm around your body.

"Do all men have to be the same?" You asked her and she silently nodded.

"Did you try to call him?"

"I did, multiple times." You sighed."He didn't answer."

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't care." You replied, holding your head up.

Nicky squeezed your shoulder. "You know, you don't have to pretend you're not hurt by certain things." You turned towards her, giving her a look."You know that I'm right. Every fight you had with Chase, when you found out he's cheating on you, and even now you're pretending to be fine when you're not. I'm your friend, Y/N, I know when you're hurting. I don't agree with some things you do, but that's because I care for you and don't want you to end up getting hurt. You don't have to pretend, I can see you're hurt by this. Just let us show you we care for you."

You leaned into her side, deciding to stay quiet.

Sofia walked back into the room, a long sigh leaving her mouth. She sat on her previous spot, pushing her phone away from herself. "They've been calling the whole morning. I suppose you don't want to say anything about the current matter, so I refused each one of them. I wish we could have a talk with Tony to see what is going on, so we figure out what we can tell to the public."

"He's not answering me." You told her.

"Then, it's the best if we don't say anything about it."

"So, what should I do?" You scoffed."Wait until he sends me the divorce papers? Not a chance. I'll figure out what's going on, right now."

Sofia watched you walk past her, her eyes going wide as you grabbed your sunglasses and keys. "Where are you going? You can't go anywhere right now!"

"I'll pay a visit to Mr. Stark." You said to her. "I think I deserve an explanation, at least."