Part 46

You were too busy freaking out to tell Sofia anything in the car. You drove straight home and rushed inside as soon as you parked. "Is Tony home?"You asked Friday.

"Boss left an hour ago." Friday replied and you rushed into the first bathroom, taking the boxes and opening them.

"Are you going to explain how this happened?" Sofia trailed behind you.

"I think you know how babies are made." You told her, your eyes scanning over the paper. "What's with the plan B pill? Who is the lucky guy?"

Sofia looked uncomfortable, avoiding looking at you and mumbling something.

"I didn't hear you."

"Steve." She quickly said, making you gasp.

"What? How? Why?"

"It... It just happened, okay?" She said."It was an accident, we were both drunk and it won't happen again. We don't need to talk about it."

You sighed, taking the tests out of the box.

"Alright." You took a deep breath."I can do this."

"Do you mind now?" She gestured at the tests. "How did that happen?"

"Sex, Sofia."

She sighed, rolling her eyes. "I know that. I meant, how? Don't you have an IUD?"

"I took it out when I wasn't with Tony." You said.

"What? Why?"

You scoffed. "I didn't need it, did I? I'm taking pills, but, apparently, they're not as effective as I thought. This is totally going to be my doctor's problem."

"What?" Sofia screamed out. "The doctor knocked you up?"

You rolled your eyes. "You're so dumb, do you know that? This is going to be the doctor's fault, because he prescribed me those pills. The only man I've been with is Tony."

"Oh. That makes sense. So, you're supposed to pee on those now?"

"Well, I can't do it with you staring at me, can I?"

Sofia turned around while you lifted your dress up and sat on the toilet. After you were done with all tests, you placed them all on the bathroom counter and washed your hands.

"Alright, now we wait?"

"Five minutes." You nodded, closing the toilet and sitting down on it. "God, I'm so stupid."

"Hey, don't say that." Sofia sat on the edge of the bathtub, placing a hand on your thigh. "It's not only your fault."

"I know, but... " You felt your eyes filling up with tears. "I said I don't want kids after my last pregnancy."

Sofia rubbed your back, watching as tears slid down your face.

"I can't go through losing another baby." You whispered out.

"Y/N, it's going to be alright-"

"No, Sofia." You interrupted her, pulling away from her touch. "The last time I was pregnant, Chase never really wanted a baby, he became different. He... he didn't want me anymore. We were constantly fighting over stupid things, and I lost our baby because of the stress he put me through."

"You know that Tony would never make you go through what Chase did. Even if you're pregnant, Tony would never-"

"You don't know that."

"Y/N." She took your hand in hers."Tony adores you, and I'm sure he'll love your future kids just as much. You can't tell me you never thought about wanting kids with him."

You looked down to the floor.

"Did you?"

"Yes." You nodded. "But that still doesn't change the fact I'm scared."

"I know you're scared. But Tony is not the same as Chase. He'll love the baby. Besides, maybe you're not pregnant. Your period could be late because of a different reason."

"Right." You nodded, just as your alarm rang out. "It's time."

"Do you want me to look?" She asked.

"Please." You squeezed her hand and she stood up, taking the tests and moving the boxes, that were covering them, off to the side. She looked at them for a few moments, but it seemed like years to you. "Well? What do they say?"

Sofia looked at you, then at the test."They're... negative."

"Oh." You relaxed for a moment, but then a feeling of some kind of disappointment settled in.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah." You quickly nodded."I'm fine. I was just... "

"Hoping they're positive?"

You looked up at her with tears in your eyes, nodding your head."Yes."

She took a test and came to sit next to you, rubbing your back as you wiped your tears off. "Oh, sweetie. Look at it."

"I don't need to look at it. Just throw them all away." You said.

"Just look." She forced it into your hand and you looked down at the test, only to see a small plus sign on it.

"But... but this means... "

She squeezed your thigh and nodded."Now you know how you feel about the baby."

"Oh my God! We're having a baby!"You realized, feeling like you're about to faint, your heartbeat quickening and you could feel sweat forming on your forehead.

"You're happy about it, right?" Sofia smiled at you, running her hand over your hair.

You nodded. "I am."

"When are you telling Tony?"

"I don't think I'll tell him yet." You replied. "I've got a lot of things to figure out before telling him."

Later that day, you were in bed, the covers pulled up and wrapped around you as you were watching a movie. The door opened, revealing Tony's figure. He smiled at your state, seeing you were half asleep. He placed his phone and wallet on the nightstand  and took off his clothes before getting into the bed with you. Your eyes were closed and Tony's heart warmed at how peaceful and beautiful you looked. He lowered the volume of the movie and made sure you weren't cold before he got comfortable, as well. He pulled you to his arms and you settled your head on his chest before he placed a kiss on your head, slightly disturbing you from your sleep.

"You're back?" You asked him, barely being able to keep your eyes open.

"I am, sweetheart. Sleep now."

"Where were you?" You mumbled out, placing your head back on his chest.

"It doesn't matter now." He whispered. "Sleep, sweetheart." He said, placing another kiss on your head. "I love you so much."

You listened to him, closing your eyes again. Tony was rubbing your back under the warm covers, while the soft sounds of the movie played in the background, along with the rain. It didn't take long for both of you to fall asleep.