Part 47

"Happy birthday!" Nicky said as soon as you picked up her call, making you smile.

"Thank you." You replied. It was still early in the morning and you were in bed.

"Are you still in bed?" Nicky questioned. "Is Tony there?"

"No, he's not. I just got up."

"So, I'm the first to wish you a happy birthday?"

"Yes."

"That's weird." She furrowed her eyebrows. "I was expecting Tony to be the first one. Anyway! Do you want to go out with me later?"

"Uh... sure. I didn't plan anything else."

After you ended the call with Nicky, you went downstairs, only to find Tony in the garage, working on... something. You looked in wonder as you tried to make sense of everything you saw on the screen and the holograms.

"Good morning!" You grinned, making him look up at you shortly before returning his gaze to the screen.

" 'morning. "

You blinked, expecting him to wish you a happy birthday, but he didn't say anything else. You came up behind him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asked you.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better now. Do you know what day it is?"

"Uh... yeah, it's Wednesday. Why?"

You furrowed your eyebrows. "No reason." When you saw he still didn't catch on, your mood suddenly changed and you pulled away from him."You know what? You're getting on my nerves today and I can't be around you."

"What? Why? I didn't even say anything!"

"Figure it out. You're supposed to be a genius."

He sounded insulted, shouting after you as you walked away. "Supposed to be a genius? I am a genius!"

You scoffed while closing the door to the garage. Tony smiled, looking at you as you walked away.

Nicky and you went to the hairdresser first and got your hair done. "You know, I could really eat a cheeseburger now." You pouted at Nicky from where you were sat as she was picking out some dresses.

She turned towards you with a confused face. "Didn't you make me throw away my cheeseburger a few days ago because you hated the smell?"

You sighed. "Yes. But I really want it now."

"Oh, God. Make up your mind."

"Don't shout at me. The stress is bad for the baby."

"What baby?"

You grinned before placing a hand on your stomach, making Nicky gasp and widen her eyes.

"No way!"

You nodded.

"No way you let that fucker knock you up!" She grabbed your hand and pulled you on your feet. "Oh, my God! You're really pregnant. When did you find out?"

"Yesterday."

"Does Tony know?"

"Not yet." You replied. "Only you and Sofia know."

"Sofia knew before me?!"

Later that day, you had your makeup done, too, and you were trying out a dress when Nicky walked into the dressing room, carrying a dozen of other dresses in her hands. She stopped to look at you for a moment.

"That's it, that's the one."

"You think?" You replied, turning around to look at yourself in the mirror.