Chapter 2: Don't Worry Too Much

Yong and Whee In are now in the quarters, the place where soldiers of the family usually sleep, aside from their own places. Yong fixes an empty bed and pats down the sheets.

"Where are your things?" Yong asks Whee In.

" I'll bring them here once I get approval."

"Well, don't worry about it too much. Hyejin wouldn't ask me to show you the way here if she wasn't going to consider your proposal" Yong replies in a cheerful tone and smiles warmly.

"You're really cheerful, huh?" Whee In mouthed without realizing that she was thinking out loud.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Whee In realized it and cleared her throat as she looked away.

"Things may be a little difficult especially now since Mr. Ahn had just passed on, but I believe Hyejin can pull this off and bring the family to it's former glory again. But of course, she needs time. And Moonstar is doing all she can to help Hyejin through it all. But I think sometimes Moon also gets annoyed with how Hyejin is so stubborn sometimes... " Yong chuckles at the thought.

Whee In stays quiet and listens to Yong. She then presses down on the bed and slowly sits down besides Yong.

Yong turns to her and becomes silent for a second before asking her, "It's really a shock to see you here now, Whee In. How did that last assignment go?"

"Quite interesting. I got to dress as a grandma just to watch how a business operated. I did get the territory in the end but..."

"We lost Mr. Ahn at the same time."

Both of them sighed.

"He was really a father figure, huh?" Whee In asks.

"Yeah. He was more of a father to me than my actual father."

Whee In looks up and then looks at Yong. "Thank you for that favor earlier. It was surprising how you did something for someone with a lower rank."

"No worries, Whee" Yong smiles. "In terms of rank, I may be a little above you, but when it comes to the contributions... It's you. You've done a lot of things for this family. Maybe if you were there that night.. Maybe Mr. Ahn and Mr. Moon would still be alive" Yong looks up.

"Has the thought crossed her mind yet?" Whee In asked with a more serious tone.

"I don't think she's thought of it yet. Maybe Moonstar has, knowing her. And she's more quiet these days than she usually is. But I doubt she'd make any move without letting Hyejin know. Maybe after this whole thing gets settled" Yong shrugs.

"You do know where the scums are, right?"

"Of course. There hasn't been a time that a target escaped from me. Right now they're probably in Barbados, drinking and living their best life. It's the calm before the storm."

Whee In nodded. Yong was known to be someone inescapable. She had gained a reputation of being able to track targets until the kill, be it individuals or small groups. Whee In turned to Yong who yawned and laid down on the bed.

"Please be patient with Hyejin, Whee" Yong says out of the blue.

"Hmm?"

"She can indeed be stubborn at times and difficult, but she is someone great behind all that. I know you'll get the job anyway. Hyejin is one to follow her father and Mr. Ahn has ordered you to protect her."